Best thing for the Dems to do now is to just come out and thank everyone for their efforts, publicly accept the findings and work solely on 2020. They won't win back middle America by dragging this out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Waiting on the full report for what? To further put him(Trump) on the right? Enough is enough. Stop digging yourself into a longer hole and accept your losses.

Infracted for trolling.
    ^
    LOL. Seriously? You're hilarious!! https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...report-1233771

I'm not going to stop because you're on a far side [right or left]. People are different when it comes to politics suck it up, xsharma.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Like what?
    Like the fact that the Hillary campaign payed for the dossier, which was the genesis of this entire hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Best thing for the Dems to do now is to just come out and thank everyone for their efforts, publicly accept the findings and work solely on 2020. They won't win back middle America by dragging this out.
    They do need to do a debrief in front of congress. Make sure everyone is on the same page. Congress needs to see the full report in closed session. Anything less than that will appear to be a whitewash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    You should get checked for TDS.
    Russian Conspiracy Theories are a common side affect.
    So no actual response then to my question?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    they sure caught a lot of witches
    As a 90s kid, I'm reminded of that episode of the Rugrats where the gang loses a nickle in the sand pit, and ignore the more valuable items they dig up as junk because the only thing they really understand is 'Well, it's not the nickle'.

That's the image I get whenever anyone calls this a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mueller did not offer any conclusion. He left gave DOJ his data to decide what to do with it. Seems like instead of going through the data it wants to say there is nothing to comb through.

For Mueller to conclude anything you fo say he was willing to potentially prosecute Trump. Which he would have never done because of the legal mess. Why go that route when you have Congress?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No Collusion. Not that I’m surprised though. It was a witch hunt from the beginning.
    Exactly. It shouldn't take 2 years to find something if it's so obvious as people say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    Like the fact that the Hillary campaign payed for the dossier, which was the genesis of this entire hoax.
    Good thing the "dossier" had almost nothing too do with this investigation *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Good thing the "dossier" had almost nothing too do with this investigation *shrug*
    And the fact that what became the Steele dossier was originally paid for by Jeb Bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Exactly. It shouldn't take 2 years to find something if it's so obvious as people say.
    They found a lot in 2 years, and how long did the bullshit email investigation last?

How in the name of fuck is don jr meeting with someone he thought was and agent of the Russian government to get dirt on Hillary not at least attempted collusion?

So the AG trump hired literally couldn't get beyond "does not exonerate him." And apparently everyone is ignoring the other investigations that are ongoing and weren't specifically about collusion with IRA. And again, the AG trump hired, can't even say he didn't conspire with them before the hack happened, which isn't even something many people were accusing him of. It's also very weird to see this conclusion, since we know there was assistance from at least one member of trump's campaign, because of the filing from manafort's lawyers that specifically state that he'd given kilimnik polling data.

The accusations alleged in the steele dossier aren't even addressed: US foreign policy for money+election assistance. The fact that stone wasn't technically part of the campaign seems to be carrying a shit load of water here.

The obstruction portion is barr's take on it, and remember, he doesn't believe a sitting president can commit obstruction (barr's take on this isn't based on the cite in his footnote, but the belief that it's within the president's power to legally end whatever investigations he wants, therefor there cannot be "corrupt intent," which is required for obstruction). He literally tried to use the fact that trump is an idiot and made public incriminating statements about it in an attempt to exonerate him, "in cataloguing the President's actions, many of which took place in public view..." The phrase, "determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment" leads me to believe the SCO thinks it should head to congress for impeachment, and this was barr's whitewash.

I predict a massive fight with the WH to get the full report released, because it sure sounds like this was the best spin barr could put on them having a lot of evidence that his campaign was colluding with foreign countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    As a 90s kid, I'm reminded of that episode of the Rugrats where the gang loses a nickle in the sand pit, and ignore the more valuable items they dig up as junk because the only thing they really understand is 'Well, it's not the nickle'.

That's the image I get whenever anyone calls this a waste of time.
    That's a pretty good summary of what I am seeing in this thread...well there's no collusion waste of two year...yet we found all these other issues and don't forget about all the stuff at SDNY offices that were given to them from Mueller we still yet to see

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They found a lot in 2 years, and how long did the bullshit email investigation last?
    A lot of what exactly? This investigation and all the money spent on it could've been spent on something else. It's also has been Presidents who all have served both terms. I don't care how angry people get at this report, I'm not going to stop stating facts no matter how much you DON'T like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    How in the name of fuck is don jr meeting with someone he thought was and agent of the Russian government to get dirt on Hillary not at least attempted collusion?
    My guess because they didn't take a honey put /shrug...this is why seeing the full report will help answer the thought process on stuff like this

10+ Year Old Account
    No one knows because only one person has the report. Somehow that's sufficient to some people.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It is. The phrase, "does not exonerate him" is a pretty big red flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So the AG trump hired literally couldn't get beyond "does not exonerate him." And apparently everyone is ignoring the other investigations that are ongoing and weren't specifically about collusion with IRA. And again, the AG trump hired, can't even say he didn't conspire with them before the hack happened, which isn't even something many people were accusing him of. It's also very weird to see this conclusion, since we know there was assistance from at least one member of trump's campaign, because of the filing from manafort's lawyers that specifically state that he'd given kilimnik polling data.

The accusations alleged in the steele dossier aren't even addressed: US foreign policy for money+election assistance. The fact that stone wasn't technically part of the campaign seems to be carrying a shit load of water here.

The obstruction portion is barr's take on it, and remember, he doesn't believe a sitting president can commit obstruction (barr's take on this isn't based on the cite in his footnote, but the belief that it's within the president's power to legally end whatever investigations he wants, therefor there cannot be "corrupt intent," which is required for obstruction). He literally tried to use the fact that trump is an idiot and made public incriminating statements about it in an attempt to exonerate him, "in cataloguing the President's actions, many of which took place in public view..." The phrase, "determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment" leads me to believe the SCO thinks it should head to congress for impeachment, and this was barr's whitewash.

I predict a massive fight with the WH to get the full report released, because it sure sounds like this was the best spin barr could put on them having a lot of evidence that his campaign was colluding with foreign countries.
    Bingo. Which is why we need the Mueller report in Congress, which will end up leaked to us.

Without seeing the underlying details on how Barr arrived at his conclusion, we don't know what's actually true. And while he wasn't required to, Barr did not consult with Mueller over his final summary, meaning it's purely the opinion of Barr and we do not know what Mueller himself suggested or found. All we have is Barr's opinion of the situation with no backing evidence that has a slew of plot holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    That's a pretty good summary of what I am seeing in this thread...well there's no collusion waste of two year...yet we found all these other issues and don't forget about all the stuff at SDNY offices that were given to them from Mueller we still yet to see
    Yeah the Mueller investigation might be over, but Trump and Teams' legal issues are going to be around for a while longer.