Poll: Are they the same?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I would rather have absolutists than fencesitters who contribute nothing by just pointing fingers at everyone else and never being part of any solution.
    Either way would be fine with me. It's rather the government do absolutely nothing than fuck things up even worse

They're both full of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It isn't really a generalization though is it?

Obama lowered out debts though after inherieting post housing collaspe and it appears Trump is in office to blow it up again, and the economy is beginning to slow and he has essentially used every "boost" already like a retard.

The stories haven't been simlar at all. The fact you think they have been is ridiculous, all you have to do is look at who is voting for what
    Housing bubble was largely democratic, Clinton's subprime mortgage and trading on debt securities. Trump is shit, but we aren't just looking at the present, if there was a Democrat in right now, we'd have issues from them as well.
    Cherry picking situations isn't making your case, I can cherry pick just a well, but I'm not going to waste my time with that.
    Believing one side is better than the other just from a position of their party is pure indoctrination. The harder you argue against it, the more it proves the point. Whether you disagree with a party because their political agenda differs from your own doesn't make them wrong. It just means you have a different opinion. I can easily look at either party and say I wish they handled policy differently, but that doesn't mean that because I disagree they handle policy wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    Of course, the German people weren't born yesterday, they needed to be radicalized. But if they were born yesterday, this would be their immediate perspective from day one.
    Assuming you're not intending to be a genocide apologist, the sort of cultural relativism you're espousing isn't really that relevant in Western society. There are core rules that are followed by all citizens. No relativism needed for those. There are views that are largely disagreed with, and they're controversial for a reason. If they're not so serious, few people would really care

Quote Originally Posted by Gadion View Post
    Assuming you're not intending to be a genocide apologist, the sort of cultural relativism you're espousing isn't really that relevant in Western society. There are core rules that are followed by all citizens. No relativism needed for those. There are views that are largely disagreed with, and they're controversial for a reason. If they're not so serious, few people would really care
    What I am talking about is that when people are raised under a tribe that teaches a certain thing and are exposed to no other things, that certain thing will become their reality, their perspective and will ultimately shape them as a person and their mindset.

After all, people are not born inherently good or bad, they are merely influenced by society and their environment. Human nature takes over by taking what they've learned from their influences and their environment and transforms their minds to adapt to it. Humanity 101, blank slates until they interact with stuff and depending on what they've interacted with and haven't interacted with, the end result is caused by that.

It's pretty much what we perceive rather than what actually goes on in the world. In reality, murder, rape and genocide isn't good or bad, it's a grey area, up for interpretation by anybody or anything that has a consciousness and at least some partial sentience to them. It may seem fucked up, cruel and hideous to you but that's really how the universe works.

Probably not. The far right seem more inclined towards lethal force, whereas the far left is more non lethal violence. They both espouse hatred, they both want to judge people based on physical characteristics that a person cannot change/or other characteristics that have no baring on how "good" a person is. They just disagree with who are the right targets of their hate. And the right is willing to kill. So I think that makes them worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    It's pretty much what we perceive rather than what actually goes on in the world. In reality, murder, rape and genocide isn't good or bad, it's a grey area, up for interpretation by anybody or anything that has a consciousness and at least some partial sentience to them. It may seem fucked up, cruel and hideous to you but that's really how the universe works.
    In the context of Western society, claiming the morality of issues such as murder, rape, theft and genocide are morally grey is delusional. They are near universally shunned, and leave very little to interpretation. Humans are not simply animals, reasoning and rules have been formulated to ensure order in society. Perceptions in an almost homogeneous are hardly that varied

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Housing bubble was largely democratic, Clinton's subprime mortgage and trading on debt securities. Trump is shit, but we aren't just looking at the present, if there was a Democrat in right now, we'd have issues from them as well.
    Cherry picking situations isn't making your case, I can cherry pick just a well, but I'm not going to waste my time with that.
    Believing one side is better than the other just from a position of their party is pure indoctrination. The harder you argue against it, the more it proves the point. Whether you disagree with a party because their political agenda differs from your own doesn't make them wrong. It just means you have a different opinion. I can easily look at either party and say I wish they handled policy differently, but that doesn't mean that because I disagree they handle policy wrong.
    Housing bubble was largely Clinton when Bush had 8 years and was warned about what removing regulations would do but it is Clinton's fault?

Clinton contributed no doubt, Bush made it way worse and when it came time, lessened regulations despite warnings against. He only worried about the regulations he had cut when it was too late.

If we want to talk about the economy essentially every fucking Republican has ruined it. We can look has just historical data for that.

"Whether you disagree with a party because of political agenda doesn't make them fuck" The fuck it does.

Saying "I feel you're less of a person and should be discriminated against" is wrong. None of this "opinion" bullshit.

Definitely equally obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadion View Post
    In the context of Western society, claiming the morality of issues such as murder, rape, theft and genocide are morally grey is delusional. They are near universally shunned, and leave very little to interpretation. Humans are not simply animals, reasoning and rules have been formulated to ensure order in society. Perceptions in an almost homogeneous are hardly that varied
    If it's universally shunned then why are there cannibal tribes? Dozens of them around the world that even after their exposure to the modern world, still engage in cannibalism. Not only that but there are still countries around the world that hate other groups and want to commit genocide against them. There are entire generations of humans that weren't radicalized over time like the Nazis but were born and raised differently but somehow cannot see killing certain groups of people is murder or genocide.

It's only universally shunned in their delusional minds as in "it's unacceptable to murder any of our own but these guys are free real estate". That does not make it universally shunned, that just means that everybody has their own particular brand of morals shaped by the influences and environment they experienced. And that brand might mean that it's okay to genocide against a certain group because they cannot even perceive them as their own species.

That's interpretation and that brings me back to the OP, tribalism is just basically this.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Liberal extremists will get on social media and tell you to shut up and annoy the hell out of you for not being politically correct.
    Conservative extremists will get their guns and go on killing sprees.

Both sides bad.
    Its more like a bunch of rednecks from the mountains driving into the middle of rough areas of urban Chicago are gonna be at high-risk of assault. Likewise, a group of blacks from urban Chicago are gonna be at risk of assault in Appalachia.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Both sides have their extremes.

Anyone claiming otherwise is just part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Both sides have their extremes.

Anyone claiming otherwise is just part of the problem.
    They're not the same.

One is is extreme as a platform the other has scant extremist.

American is a right country and republicans are all extremist. In a global view, republicans are extremist, and democrats are right of center.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They're not the same.

One is is extreme as a platform the other has scant extremist.

American is a right country and republicans are all extremist. In a global view, republicans are extremist, and democrats are right of center.
    Yes. Everyone leaning Right in America is an Extremist.

You are completely right and sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

The right simply has FAR MORE terrible people and groups. Their politicians are also far more dishonest.
    Hahahahahaha you sheep seriously believe this.

They're both nuts and corrupt, no doubt about it. But they're not the same kind of nuts. There's a lesser evil in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    They're both nuts and corrupt, no doubt about it. But they're not the same kind of nuts. There's a lesser evil in this.
    And it isn't Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yes. Everyone leaning Right in America is an Extremist.

You are completely right and sane.
    You seem to have failed to understand what I said.

America is a very right country democrats are by and large right of center

Republicans are ridiculously to the right and in the scope of the world republicans are by and large all extremist

They’re both basket cases full of pride and greed.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Both have issues, to be certain. But the current iteration of the GOP has gone a bit more off the rails in my opinion. I think they're a little too wed to the past and religion in particular and are hurting the country in ways that are more significant in the long run that the issues that the Democrats are leading in.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect