Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What to do with the Horde and its players after BFA?

Narratively speaking of course.

This expansion has proven the faction disparity has worsened. One way or another the Horde and Alliance are suppose to make up and fight together again.
    Will it be under the banners of Horde or Alliance. Who knows.

But one thing is for certain.
    Most Horde players will be funnelled along into the Cenarion Circle, Dallaran, Argen Dawn or whatever Alliance themed but neutral organization.
    Neutral Organization full of characters like Malfurion, Velen, Khadgar and so on.

So the question is, narratively, how are we suppose to make sense of a Horde character waltzing back to some Night Elf quest giver working for Cenarion Circle or equivalent to protect the World Tree when just one expansion or few patches earlier that same character was complicit for Teldrassil?

The game seems to be indicating absolutely everything is because of Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde is completely blameless or... you know... just mislead.
    So its not really their fault.

Do we just ignore everything the Horde player and various Horde racial leaders were involved with?
    What is Blizzard going to do to the Horde to explain why Dalaran, Cenarion Circle or every organization like them would allow the Horde and Player PC who burned civilians to death to help them kill 8 mobs or deliver so-and-so package?
    Logically wouldn't the Cenarion Circle be hostile to Horde players?

Horde Players will be sent to the Blizzard Entertainment(TM) reeducation camps to learn about honor.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Yes, it's all Sylvanas' fault and everyone else is blameless.

We'll prove this in the Sylvanas raid where the Horde kills her and everyone talks about how the Horde is redeemed.

My advice for trying to figure out what Blizzard are going to do with the BFA story is as follows: Think of the dumbest thing you could possibly imagine. Now, expect them to do something even dumber.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The lion's share of the blame and responsibility would be shifted to Horde leadership - mostly onto Sylvanas. Even during the thick of the war "neutral" NPC's of the Alliance races still accept the help of a Horde adventurer or the Horde Champion. Such as Brann Bronzebeard when a Horde PC accompanies Magni to Uldir to translocate MOTHER to the Chamber of Heart, Brann makes an offhand comment about accepting the help of a member of the Horde but doesn't make any bones of it beyond that. I imagine most NPC's will do similar to varying degrees - although I can certainly see Night Elven NPC's making the most of these types of comments when confronted with otherwise helpful Horde PC's.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow the Horde player gets to interact with Brann? I though that would be Alliance only.

Probably the same thing that always happens... nothing.

But some people will feel like it's a moment to gloat and fist pump or some other trash. And we'll likely completely forget about all the retarded business stormwind has been up to like ignoring obvious hostile acts on their behalf despite working under some sort of truce... or invading a sovereign nation an killing it's leader because they were scared of them allying with a foe.

Oh and we'll then get brow beaten over about how honorable it was to break oaths and kill our peers because we didn't really agree on something. So instead of talking it out or seeking reason the most honorable action was betrayal and dereliction of duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Wow the Horde player gets to interact with Brann? I though that would be Alliance only.
    Yes, and he tells us about how he isn't too enthused about accepting assistance from someone in the Horde, despite him being an Ally war campaign character we were fighting. If only the Horde had a character who could do this job. Perhaps some kind of royalty involved in canonically killing G'huun and entering Uldir. A native of the continent perhaps. One who cares about the bigger picture.

Hell, I'd take goddamn Nathanos, god knows Magni trusts that guy enough to send us to him with the key to the world's salvation and actually expect a result.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yes, and he tells us about how he isn't too enthused about accepting assistance from someone in the Horde, despite him being an Ally war campaign character we were fighting. If only the Horde had a character who could do this job. Perhaps some kind of royalty involved in canonically killing G'huun and entering Uldir. A native of the continent perhaps. One who cares about the bigger picture.
    Perhaps a princess of some sort or a priestess.
    Maybe she would have some new responsibilities and realities she must now face.

Perhaps a princess of some sort or a priestess.
    Maybe she would have some new responsibilities and realities she must now face.
    One who was at the forefront of going into Nazmir the first time and learned about the importance about what the titans set up. Someone who interacted with M.O.T.H.E.R. personally.

Honestly, the narrative of this expansion would make more sense overall if factions would've been dissolved already and instead each race would follow their respective leaders.

The burning of Teldrassil would have made more sense that way for example.

I doubt they'll ever do that anyways though, the changes when it comes to leveling and quests alone would be a nightmare since you could do quests that were intended for alliance players as horde and vice versa? That's just one facet of it and just a pain in the ass overall but I digress.

As to what to do with the Horde and players I guess we still have to wait to see how this mess will culminate, so far it turns out the people joking about Garrosh 2.0 weren't too far off lol.

Nothing will change, that is what I can assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Nothing will change, that is what I can assure you.
    Which is a shame really.
    This is what... the 4th time the Horde is committing genocide in less than 25years canonically and we still have to pretend they are the "good guys".

Having an evil faction is fine. It is fun. But sweeping everything under the rug because of some denial is what gets me.
    Yeah Horde is evil and only moved by self interest. Lets explore that.

Which is a shame really.
    This is what... the 4th time the Horde is committing genocide in less than 25years canonically and we still have to pretend they are the "good guys".

Having an evil faction is fine. It is fun. But sweeping everything under the rug because of some denial is what gets me.
    Yeah Horde is evil and only moved by self interest. Lets explore that.
    4 times? i think your count is off.

But if we're being real bother factions have been going genocidal on something as part of quest/story advancement for almost every major patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    4 times? i think your count is off.

But if we're being real bother factions have been going genocidal on something as part of quest/story advancement for almost every major patch.
    1) Draenei
    2) Stormwind
    3) Theramore
    4) Teldrassil

And I am not even counting the little towns and places.
    I know we are about to open debate with mental gymnastics of what really counts in that list and eventually get to those poor orcs in internment camps and whatnot.

But simply put under the banner of the Horde massacres of unprecedented level have been committed and continue to be committed.
    But unlike the previous ones can we really just put one person on the chopping block and make everything go away?

Most Horde players will be funnelled along into the Cenarion Circle, Dallaran, Argen Dawn or whatever Alliance themed but neutral organization.
    There's no Horde neutral groups interested in saving the world, because they can't write them as anything but bloodthirsty morons.

Neutral Organization full of characters like Malfurion, Velen, Khadgar and so on.
    It makes me laugh when Hordies bitch about this, but if a Horde character went neutral, they'd burn the forums down.

The game seems to be indicating absolutely everything is because of Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde is completely blameless or... you know... just mislead.
    So its not really their fault.
    Just like it was with Garrosh. The Horde did nothing, Garrosh had one helluva packed schedule.

Do we just ignore everything the Horde player and various Horde racial leaders were involved with?
    What is Blizzard going to do to the Horde to explain why Dalaran, Cenarion Circle or every organization like them would allow the Horde and Player PC who burned civilians to death to help them kill 8 mobs or deliver so-and-so package?
    Logically wouldn't the Cenarion Circle be hostile to Horde players?
    Yes.
    Pretend it never happened.
    No, because they dindu nuffin.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2019-03-25 at 01:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    No, because they dindu nuffin.
    We jus' need mo' money fo' dem genocides. Hand 'em over, purpleboi.

We should neuter them

1) Draenei
    2) Stormwind
    3) Theramore
    4) Teldrassil

And I am not even counting the little towns and places.
    I know we are about to open debate with mental gymnastics of what really counts in that list and eventually get to those poor orcs in internment camps and whatnot.

But simply put under the banner of the Horde massacres of unprecedented level have been committed and continue to be committed.
    But unlike the previous ones can we really just put one person on the chopping block and make everything go away?
    seems your count is off or the timeline is...

draenei events would have started prior to year 0
    Stormwind would have been between years 1 and 18~?
    Third war was not till 20 and involved no real horde/alliance interaction (since that seems to be the count you're focused on but somehow included draenei)
    Theramore was in year 30... so we're already beyond your estimated 25 year example.

I mean if we're only looking at post player horde (basically starting with thrall leading orcs across kalimdor), that starts the timeline in year 20. So we then have a nice host of little things to look at... but you're four examples inside 25 years is already covering events from year 10 before initial invasion through 20 years post initial invasion which is NOT 25 years >.>

Just thought I'd point that out.

the only answer that would allow the wow universe to be taken seriously going forward is a nuremberg trials scenario for basically every horde leader except baine and also the horde player character. the alliance pc can be the prosecutor or something so they get to see it too

the verdict for horde players depends on whether they did the war of thorns scenario and if they chose to work with sylvanas or not. all horde faction leaders except baine and saurfang are found guilty and either executed or imprisoned. a new horde leadership of non-ruined characters rises up to manage the faction going forward

im only half joking here because the only things that will restore the horde's credibilty are things we all know blizzard will never do. at this point the horde needs to be dismantled and then remade, like it was with thrall in wc3. its not possible to pin it all on sylvanas no matter how many npcs they make blame everything on her

either warcrimes trials or my personal favorite option, the horde is exiled from ek and kalimdor and has to go start again on another new continent. out with the ruined old horde, time to build something new and better without the weight of bfa's bad writing on their shoulders

sadly what will actually happen is it all gets pinned on sylvanas and anduin forgives everyone else on behalf of the alliance and blizzard awkwardly tries to make things go back how they were pre-bfa but the community wont accept it and we will all be arguing about teldrassil until this game finally deservedly dies