Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    FACTUALLY does not mean "the signs are there". You jump on people for making claims about subs and wanted proof yet you make a claim like this? Come on man, you are getting pulled too deep into this one and are grasping at a few straws there. Just because people are leaving WoW also does not mean they are jumping ship to other MMOs. No one has the true sub numbers of WoW except Blizz and they don't share that information anymore. Sure we can GUESS about what the population is at but none of us know for sure. We sure can't say it is 'factually hemorrhaging subs' though.
    It really is.

And yeah other MMOs have had HUUUUGE population surges from this whole "WoW reufuge meme".

Not my fault it exists.

I mean I can't blame them either with the state WoW is in.

15+ Year Old Account
    • Blizzard absolutely should have stated it was an exploit and using the exploit would result in a ban.
    • Blizzard should implement methods (such as events) that dramatically increase the speed of leveling.
    • Anyone who used the exploit should be penalized.
    • Content creators who publicized the exploit should receive stiffer penalties.

All of these statements are true, and do not invalidate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean you can buy a WoW token and use the gold to buy BoEs/carries off the AH so pretty close.
    And what about people getting banned for exploits before there even was an in game store? Ah right, they did it back then to get people to buy new accounts.

Only idiots think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    And what about people getting banned for exploits before there even was an in game store? Ah right, they did it back then to get people to buy new accounts.

Only idiots think that way.
    If you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    • Blizzard absolutely should have stated it was an exploit and using the exploit would result in a ban.
    • Blizzard should implement methods (such as events) that dramatically increase the speed of leveling.
    • Anyone who used the exploit should be penalized.
    • Content creators who publicized the exploit should receive stiffer penalties.

All of these statements are true, and do not invalidate each other.
    It says that in the ToS, using an exploit is against their rules and will lead to action being taken.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    did u ignore the part that ppl reported to blizz and asked and checked if it was bug or not and didn't get any answer or something ?
    ur example is confirming me even more, that they contacted u immediately and still no ban, also exploit closed zones is not like buying a potion sold by vendor provided in-game
    when you unstack the pot intentionally to use it you knw it was coming

It really is.

And yeah other MMOs have had HUUUUGE population surges from this whole "WoW reufuge meme".

Not my fault it exists.

Dude come on, we both jumped on people in the Classic forums for making statements about WoW's population to suit their narrative, you can use it as well but you can't claim it is as a fact that it is hemorrhaging subs. Are they losing subs? Most likely yes. Are they losing them at an 'alarming' rate? I don't think so. But that is just a guess.

And the wow refuge meme can mostly be just that too. A meme. There could be other factors besides just wow refugees on sub growth for other games. I'm not naive however, I'm sure some people leaving WoW are going to other MMOs causing them to grow, but we don't know how many either.

15+ Year Old Account
    It says that in the ToS, using an exploit is against their rules and will lead to action being taken.
    The point is that they should have publicly acknowledged that this was an exploit. Yes, it was obvious, but it covers their assets to a degree.

The point is that they should have publicly acknowledged that this was an exploit. Yes, it was obvious, but it covers their assets to a degree.
    Dude they don't have to do that. I'm glad they didn't so they caught a bunch of people willing to cheat to get ahead. Maybe some of those people will take it as a warning to stop trying to cut corners and not do it in the future.

People need to go back and read the eula :
    Cheats; i.e. methods, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

If you signed it and then played the game and did something that is mentioned above then you had it coming , own it
    People need to stop parroting youtubers

Contrary to the belief that some are saying, it actually isn't a good idea for Blizzard to do this. It only pushes players to believe that any other exploit in the game they find is okay until Blizzard singles it out and says "no it's not." Blizzard should have to hold anyone's hand to point out an obvious exploit is actually an exploit.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is there to cover? Something is not an exploit just because Blizzard talks about it. They legally don't have to talk about anything before taking account action. Their rights are all covered in the EULA and TOS.

Is it possible "innocent" people got caught up? Sure. Some might have not realized it was an exploit after watching some streamer or friend/guildy do it. But ignorance isn't really a defense. Most people would be able to tell that the item is not working as intended if it only works when you have 1 item stacks.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It really is.

Not my fault it exists.

Is there any actual proof this is a thing?

ESO and XIV both just had expansion announcements and are getting their usual boons due to that which will stick around for a few months before and after each xpac. Nothing to do with WoW and pretty sure no other MMO is in a growth or boom, period.

This seems like an actual meme, aka not real. Feelcraft at best. The majority of players that quit or take breaks from WoW don't actually play other MMOs as obvious by the massive disparity in player bases. WoW has lost probably 5 mil subs over the last half decade or so, those 5 million didn't magically turn up in other MMOs they just play other games. Which is why the genre as a whole outside of the big 3 is dying. Only a fraction of the players that quit WoW actually turn up in other MMOs, most probably just start playing whatever the current fad is(IE in the past mobas, or now BRs)
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-24 at 11:47 PM.

Unless you exploit the Tools of the Trade, then its ok because I havent seen 1 banned yet..

I mean the game is already damaged.

It is factually haemorrhaging subs at an alarming rate. The signs are there.

MTX being thrown on the store faster than ever and other games getting a noticeable population surge.
    Your "factually" incorrect there as you make a statement of fact for "signs" which are not fact in any way ... there err signs, ie a guess or possibility, you have no actual facts you can use to prove with facts that what your suggesting is correct.

And given Blizz no longer release sub numbers ... your pretty much grasping at thin air.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Your "factually" incorrect there as you make a statement of fact for "signs" which are not fact in any way ... there err signs, ie a guess or possibility, you have no actual facts you can use to prove with facts that what your suggesting is correct.

And given Blizz no longer release sub numbers ... your pretty much grasping at thin air.
    /shrug.

I'm just relaying the facts. If you don't want to believe them then that's your decision and right to.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Unless you exploit the Tools of the Trade, then its ok because I havent seen 1 banned yet..
    Don't you realize there's a significant difference between the two situations? Between "I just have to camp that spawn point" and "I'll separate the exp potions in stacks of 1"?

People didn't get banned for using the Tools of the trade cauldron bug because the players using this bug did nothing wrong (albeit ethically questionable, but that's not the issue here). They just clicked on a item that happened to respawn faster, good for them.
    People got banned for using the exp potion bug because they deliberately separated the potions and made the item not work as intended.

It would have been the same if the exp potions had given, let's say, a flat +200% xp instead of +10% without any players' action. It's not the player's fault if an item isn't working as intended, it's his fault if he's deliberately making the item not work as intended (in that case, stacking the bonus).
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-03-25 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the drama is a direct product of people thinking it's OK to abuse it. It was clearly not intended, and you cannot take silence to mean it's OK. That's just a stupid assumption to make. We all know Blizzard has sucked majorly at communicating lately.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    /shrug.

I'm just relaying the facts. If you don't want to believe them then that's your decision and right to.
    just saying the "sighs are there" isn't a fact at all, do you even know what a fact is?

So unstacking items is now exploit?
    Honestly? 100% developers fault.
    If they would be sued over such ban they would loose.

As there is no way prove that is not working as intended. No external tool was used and it wasnt even complicated.

Blizz shoud Just rollback those toons and fix the bug. Admit to mistake. Pride is going to be their downfall