Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I remember a post, some minutes ago, where a guy brought some off topic nonsense that had nothing to do with anything. You might know him.
    My POINT is that reasonable doubt can and is grounds for dismissal of charges. You cant then say "but we think he did it anyway"

Burden of proof is on the prosecution.

Yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    He didn't consult mueller on his report. Again, I doubt mueller would agree with, the statement, "The SCO did not find that trump, any of his campaign members, nor campaign associates colluded with a foreign power to influence the election." Again, that's informed by the fact that manafort gave kilimnik polling data, which we know because of manafort's lawyer's crappy redactions.
    Remember, Kilimnik is not officially part of the Russian government.
    just demand a full release of the report.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    He didn't consult mueller on his report. Again, I doubt mueller would agree with, the statement, "The SCO did not find that trump, any of his campaign members, nor campaign associates colluded with a foreign power to influence the election." Again, that's informed by the fact that manafort gave kilimnik polling data, which we know because of manafort's lawyer's crappy redactions.
    SO Barr formatted it as a quote from the actual Mueller Report, perjured himself and is blatantly lying? Or he actually quoted the report as his summary says? Occam's razor my man (or woman).

"Doesn't exonerate" is the most skipped over piece of writing. Ever.
    Dont have to be exonerated under US law.

Reasonable doubt is a legal fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm sure that "TRUMP 2020: NOT EXONERATED!!" will make a good bumper sticker.

This is really all pointless BS until we can see the entire report.
    Oh, for sure. That's all there is, but of course everyone, and I do mean everyone, is jumping to conclusions right now. We will have to wait and see and normally we should trust someone in Barr's position is unfortunately not happening given his track record.

Like you and I have said, have to wait for the report, and hopefully it is released with near all or all of it unredacted.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    SO Barr formatted it as a quote from the actual Mueller Report, perjured himself and is blatantly lying? Or he actually quoted the report as his summary says? Ocams razor my man (or woman).
    I wasnt aware Barr gave whatever quote he did under oath.

Perjury is for testimony under oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Dont have to be exonerated under US law.

Reasonable doubt is a legal fact.
    You are right, but to think that there is no evidence is just trying to be ignorant. So perhaps you should slow your roll, much like everyone else.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I don't know of any summaries that are given under oath? What does that have to do with Barr quoting from the Mueller report?

You are right, but to think that there is no evidence is just trying to be ignorant. So perhaps you should slow your roll, much like everyone else.
    If there is evidence...where is it?

Mueller doesnt seem to have it.

Yup, this is important. A person who was Specifically appointed to defend Trump, did make a report that's not under any oath, and also this person was responsible for the Iran-Contra Coverup
    Is it too hard to demand (and wait) the full report? Why the fuck do trumpettes not want that? if it really vindicates dotard tang, it would make his reelection bid much more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I don't know of any summaries that are given under oath? What does that have to do with Barr quoting from the Mueller report?
    Your words

, perjured himself
    Last edited by Aehl; 2019-03-25 at 12:40 AM.

I see some of this and laugh..as I remember a case some years ago when a man was charged with murder, was acquitted "on reasonable doubt"..the prosecution kept saying he was guilty and kept going on the investigation....

..until the day the supposed murder victim walked into a police station.

Oops..............
    At this point we're not talking about sending trump to jail, so we shouldn't be using, "beyond a reasonable doubt" as the standard of proof. At best I'd argue we use the standard of proof of "preponderance of the evidence." It's "more likely than not." It's what more than 4 in 5 of legal cases in the US are decided upon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Mueller doesn't have the jurisdiction to bring charges himself. It was always going to be a matter of laying out the evidence and allowing others to make the decision.
    Mueller does have the jurisdiction. It's just against DoJ policy, and the evidence for collusion doesn't meet the standard of proof of, "beyond a reasonable doubt."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yup, this is important. A person who was Specifically appointed to defend Trump, did make a report that's not under any oath, and also this person was responsible for the Iran-Contra Coverup
    Is it too hard to demand (and wait) the full report? Why the fuck do trumpettes not want that? if it really vindicates dotard tang, it would make his reelection bid much more powerful.
    No he wasnt

Then-Attorney General Barr supported the president's decision in the Iran-Contra case, which gave clemency to people who had been officials in the administration of President Ronald Reagan, including former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger. He had been set to go on trial to face charges about lying to Congress.

All those millions of $dollars wasted on this investigation.

Might as well piled all that money up and put a match to it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Mueller does have the jurisdiction. It's just against DoJ policy, and the evidence for collusion doesn't meet the standard of proof of, "beyond a reasonable doubt
    Which ends the matter there and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, for sure. That's all there is, but of course everyone, and I do mean everyone, is jumping to conclusions right now. We will have to wait and see and normally we should trust someone in Barr's position is unfortunately not happening given his track record.

Like you and I have said, have to wait for the report, and hopefully it is released with near all or all of it unredacted.
    One way or another that report will get out with no redactions. Everyone in D.C. seems to be pretending that there is one paper copy of the report and that there aren't copies of it sitting around on laptops and on printers. That's just dumb. It absolutely will get leaked.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And your point? Money wasted on a useless investigation.
    Did you complain about the Hillary email and Benghazi investigations as well?

Your words

, perjured himself
    If it ever makes it to court this summary would be presented as evidence and he would be forced to explain himself. Don't get stuck up on a word in order to avoid my question.

What does that have to do with Barr quoting Muellers report, a few times throughout his summary? And why do you believe Barr is lying about quoting from the Mueller report?

No he wasnt
    My bad. I should have said: He tried to cover up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    All those millions of $dollars wasted on this investigation.

Might as well piled all that money up and put a match to it.
    are guilty pleas, indictments and jail time a waste of money? wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Tidestorm View Post
    Seems you Lefties just got a dose of reality.

A tough pill to swallow, I know, given that you live in a pile of your own delusions.
    Not really.