5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    You know what would be ideal with a level squish ? A world revamp, along with a 20/30 years time-skip.

Let me explain, we defeat whatever threat awaits us at the end of BfA, Azeroth is safe for now, and healing the world while maintaining peace has become a priority for the leaders of the world. Next expansion starts 20/30 years from now, as a new threat emerges. Of course such a scenario would require some major twist, like Sylvanas disappearing after she left for the Shadowlands in quest of something at the end of the expansion, and a shift in Horde leadership (which is coming anyway). But I truly think it would give a second life to the game.

Besides, we've seen this comic with Anduin being in his 50s. So if this is to be relevant at some point, we're bound to experience a time-skip, right?
    Thank goodness for the bold.

About your Anduin point. Blizzard have gone on record to say something like, "it's one possibility that could happen" and then went on to say there's thing that could happen in the present that could divert that path from happening. It was during Blizzcon I think with Alex Afrasiabi, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm just sure that they hand-waived it as a "maybe, but who knows" so as to not keep them locked in to that.

Which is pretty annoying because it gives that narrative less value, but oh wells. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

About your Anduin point. Blizzard have gone on record to say something like, "it's one possibility that could happen" and then went on to say there's thing that could happen in the present that could divert that path from happening. It was during Blizzcon I think with Alex Afrasiabi, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm just sure that they hand-waived it as a "maybe, but who knows" so as to not keep them locked in to that.

Which is pretty annoying because it gives that narrative less value, but oh wells. T_T
    I like to think of it as one of Prophet Velen's visions, this gives them a good reason if they don't want to go with that storyline. Could blame it on the Naaru or whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what would be ideal with a level squish ? A world revamp, along with a 20/30 years time-skip.

Let me explain, we defeat whatever threat awaits us at the end of BfA, Azeroth is safe for now, and healing the world while maintaining peace has become a priority for the leaders of the world. Next expansion starts 20/30 years from now, as a new threat emerges. Of course such a scenario would require some major twist, like Sylvanas disappearing after she left for the Shadowlands in quest of something at the end of the expansion, and a shift in Horde leadership (which is coming anyway). But I truly think it would give a second life to the game.

Besides, we've seen this comic with Anduin being in his 50s. So if this is to be relevant at some point, we're bound to experience a time-skip, right?
    Yaaaas queen.

5+ Year Old Account
    8.2 will most likely hit late July - late September. Any time sooner or longer is a stretch.

EDIT: I'm stupid and didn't consider Classic coming out. To this I say late August - late Sep.
    Last edited by CasualFilth; 2019-03-25 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Additions
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    8.2 will most likely hit late July - late September. Any time sooner or longer is a stretch.

EDIT: I'm stupid and didn't consider Classic coming out. To this I say late August - late Sep.
    I bet it'll be end of May or beginning of June.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I bet it'll be end of May or beginning of June.
    End of May would coincide with the 77 cycles thing MOTHER mentions.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

You are crazy if you think 8.2 is hitting any later than mid-July. I say late June, with the raid in mid july. 8.2.5 on ptr in early August. 8.2.5 released mid October. 8.3 on pre early November and released mid-late Jan. 8.3 raid in Feb. 8.3.5 in may. 9.0 in November. Alpha for 9.0 in March. Beta in May.

We get 8.3/8.3.5 details at Gamescom in August. 9.0 reveal in November.

15+ Year Old Account
    Part of me feels like 8.2 could be the last major patch of this xpac. I could be wrong though
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Most likely close to June, they can't let players complete pathfinder and fly to early.

Not gonna lie, that's disappointing, although typical from Blizzard. But thanks for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yaaaas queen.
    *snaps his fingers*

About your Anduin point. Blizzard have gone on record to say something like, "it's one possibility that could happen" and then went on to say there's thing that could happen in the present that could divert that path from happening.
    I took the ending of the comic as a possibility, if we didn't defeat the Legion/imprison Sargeras the way it happened.
    It feels somewhat like a last stand/assault. Possibly a timeline where Sargeras succeeded in corrupting/killing Azeroth, with a number of its inhabitants fleeing and joining the Army of the Light.

8.2 will most likely hit [...] I'm stupid and didn't consider Classic coming out. To this I say late August - late Sep.
    Classic will in no way affect the release of live content, only the other way around. No matter what the rosey-glasses think, Classic is a side project, not the new normal.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-03-25 at 08:02 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You are crazy if you think 8.2 is hitting any later than mid-July. I say late June, with the raid in mid july. 8.2.5 on ptr in early August. 8.2.5 released mid October. 8.3 on pre early November and released mid-late Jan. 8.3 raid in Feb. 8.3.5 in may. 9.0 in November. Alpha for 9.0 in March. Beta in May.

We get 8.3/8.3.5 details at Gamescom in August. 9.0 reveal in November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post

Classic will in no way affect the release of live content, only the other way around. No matter what the rosey-glasses think, Classic is a side project, not the new normal.
    Nope, Blizzard would be shooting themselves on the foot if they launch Classic concurrently-ish with 8.2. It'd be most suitable to let the hypetrain of Classic pass through (whether it turns out to be successful or not that's another beast) for a month or two and then release 8.2 for those that couldn't overcome level 22 in Classic. It's a great scheme to get old and new players playing again, and I have a feeling Blizzard wants those disappointed with Classic to be swept up by retail.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Part of me feels like 8.2 could be the last major patch of this xpac. I could be wrong though
    That's a thing going around here since they revealed 8.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing:

Did Blizzard with WoW attend PAX (East) in previous years? I really can't remember. If not I think this is proof that we'll get the expansion announcement on this year's GamesCom again as 8.2 might be covered during PAX.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely with Mutineer on this one. If anything, 8.2 will introduce some potential future allied races coming in 8.3 or 9.0, but that's it.
    This but I'm sure it'll be 9.0 (e.g. pre purchase bonus) and not 8.3.

By the way I so fully agree with you on the Cataclysm 2.0 topic. I know we were talking about this prior to the BfA announcement and I am still rooting for it. Another world revamp has become mandatory at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's a thing going around here since they revealed 8.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing:

Did Blizzard with WoW attend PAX (East) in previous years? I really can't remember. If not I think this is proof that we'll get the expansion announcement on this year's GamesCom again as 8.2 might be covered during PAX.
    I don't think they will release the next expansion announcement until blizzcon considering we know nothing of 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I don't think they will release the next expansion announcement until blizzcon considering we know nothing of 8.3
    The point is still if there will be 8.3 or not. I don't think we'll get 8.3 that's why I expect the announcement at Gamescom.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The point is still if there will be 8.3 or not. I don't think we'll get 8.3 that's why I expect the announcement at Gamescom.
    Wont happen. Blizzard has Always used Blizzcon to announce an expansion. They never announce it anywhere else. If I recall, they don't usually announce anything too big at Gamescom anyway.

No matter what, I just hope we get new allied races. Though, I am not holding my breath. may be another "this expansion only" feature. I mean, mechagnomes? Gilbin? Perfect allied race opportunity with a perfect story set up. A race for both sides with a tieing story that brings them together with a fight against the naga.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Wont happen. Blizzard has Always used Blizzcon to announce an expansion. They never announce it anywhere else. If I recall, they don't usually announce anything too big at Gamescom anyway.

No matter what, I just hope we get new allied races. Though, I am not holding my breath. may be another "this expansion only" feature. I mean, mechagnomes? Gilbin? Perfect allied race opportunity with a perfect story set up. A race for both sides with a tieing story that brings them together with a fight against the naga.
    they announced legion and demon hunters at gamescom, they even went into a bit of detail about it. not the kind of detail they would go into at a blizzcon though.

i don't really expect an expansion announcement yet though. if they talk about far in the future stuff, it's gonna be 8.3, IF there is an 8.3.

november's not that far away now. this blizzcon might be an expansion announcement, maybe? isn't it usually like "expansion - no expansion - expansion - no expansion"?

5+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, that's disappointing, although typical from Blizzard. But thanks for info!
    No probs! It is disappointing, but yeah it's Blizzard being Blizzard. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I took the ending of the comic as a possibility, if we didn't defeat the Legion/imprison Sargeras the way it happened.
    It feels somewhat like a last stand/assault. Possibly a timeline where Sargeras succeeded in corrupting/killing Azeroth, with a number of its inhabitants fleeing and joining the Army of the Light.
    Some took the ending of the comic to be about the eventual Light vs Void conflict because at the end of it Velen says "The Light will triumph over the Shadow this day." And those are bolded within the comic itself. I ascribe to that theory as well.

It could've been a "failed Legion" timeline yeah, but what's strange is on the Exodar within the comic it only shows Draenei, doesn't seem to have other races at all, which is peculiar.

Also as I type, I don't think it can be a "failed Legion" timeline anymore because when they spoke of it as "it's one possibility that could happen" this was said sometime post-Legion meaning it's still "on the table" but hand-waved to not be a sure thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Another world revamp has become mandatory at this point.
    They've gone on record for saying they won't be doing another world revamp anymore. I think it was in one of the blog posts during Legion or before BFA released when they spoke about the overworld changing between patches.

They said they'll do zone specific changes similar to Arathi Highlands and the like for where it makes sense to do so. To me it came off as, them doing it zone by zone if they ever have need to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they announced legion and demon hunters at gamescom, they even went into a bit of detail about it. not the kind of detail they would go into at a blizzcon though.

i don't really expect an expansion announcement yet though. if they talk about far in the future stuff, it's gonna be 8.3, IF there is an 8.3.

november's not that far away now. this blizzcon might be an expansion announcement, maybe? isn't it usually like "expansion - no expansion - expansion - no expansion"?
    Yeah they revealed DH and Legion at Gamescom, then again they were in what many considered dire straits with WoD so maybe felt the need to jump in on that one. I'd say BFA isn't quite as low as WoD, but I'm sure some will disagree.

Anyways, I think there will be an 8.3, it was teased with the N'Zoth fish last Blizzcon. And yes usually Blizzcon's alternate between current expansion - next expansion news and this year would be the expansion announcement year.

Yeah they revealed DH and Legion at Gamescom, then again they were in what many considered dire straits with WoD so maybe felt the need to jump in on that one. I'd say BFA isn't quite as low as WoD, but I'm sure some will disagree.

Anyways, I think there will be an 8.3, it was teased with the N'Zoth fish last Blizzcon. And yes usually Blizzcon's alternate between current expansion - next expansion news and this year would be the expansion announcement year.
    i knew that's how it went, i just got hit with a wave of doubt, because it feels so close to the release of bfa that it feels weird for an expansion to be announced. time's moving.

and yeah, i don't know if the game's doing better than wod or not. but i just really don't see any expansion teasing at gamescom. even 8.3's a big maybe, because it kinda spoils the narrative of 8.2.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Ythisens(sp?) said on stream that the Legion announcement was very much an outlier because they wanted to do something for Europe since the European community said they always felt left out with these kind of things. IIRC he said announcing at Gamescom was extremely stressful for everyone and it wouldn't happen again.