Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's your favorite raw snack or treat... Or Just Treat?

What's your favorite raw snack or treat... Or Just Treat?

I already asked about your morning routine, but now I am wondering about snacking, any delicious favorites you have, like say a bowl full of raw cherries, or strawberries now they are in season OR Do you have a special treat raw or not, that after a hard work week, work out or mile stone you treat yourself with?

I love Bananas, Strawberries, and Raw Cherries, and they are both really good for you

Intake of fruits and berries may lower blood pressure (BP), most probably due to the high content of polyphenols. In the present study, we tested whether consumption of two polyphenol-rich juices could lower BP. In a randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial of 12 weeks, 134 healthy individuals, aged 50–70 years, with high normal range BP (130/85–139/89 mmHg, seventy-two subjects) or stage 1-2 hypertension (140/90–179/109 mmHg, sixty-two subjects), were included. They consumed 500 ml/d of one of either (1) a commercially available polyphenol-rich juice based on red grapes, cherries, chokeberries and bilberries; (2) a juice similar to (1) but enriched with polyphenol-rich extracts from blackcurrant press-residue or (3) a placebo juice (polyphenol contents 245·5, 305·2 and 76 mg/100 g, respectively). Resting BP was measured three times, with a 1 min interval, at baseline and after 6 and 12 weeks of intervention. Systolic BP significantly reduced over time (6 and 12 weeks, respectively) in the pooled juice group compared with the placebo group in the first of the three measurements, both for the whole study group (6·9 and 3·4 mmHg; P= 0·01) and even more pronounced in the hypertensive subjects when analysed separately (7·3 and 6·8 mmHg; P= 0·04). The variation in the BP measurements was significantly reduced in the pooled juice group compared with the placebo group (1·4 and 1·7 mmHg; P= 0·03). In conclusion, the present findings suggest that polyphenol-rich berry juice may contribute to a BP- and BP variability lowering effect, being more pronounced in hypertensive than in normotensive subjects.
    https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...5D913730AA556B
    As for a reward once in a while.

Cake from a favorite is a polish bakery around my house, they always do special cakes, so I'll try one every once in a while if I am hitting any health goals, maintaining a work schedule. I am typically a bigger fan of Strawberry Cheesecake. But I am becoming a convert to different kinds.

Nice Latta with something like this Walnut Cake.

What about you, what are your favorite raw delights, and what is it you like to go for when it's a special treat time?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

That cake looks sexy.

For natural stuff I enjoy Clementines and oranges, grapes, mango, and mangosteen.

As for treats, can't go wrong with Oreo Ice Cream, and Rhubarb Crumble.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sushi or Takoyaki.

Diced carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Berries or cut up fruit.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Garlic stuffed olives.
    As a lover of both Garlic and Olives, I've never heard of that combination and it sounds amazing. Is it cooked garlic to make it soft? or Raw Garlic for the Crunch/spiciness?

Mango is my drug. Don't buy it too often though due costs and that I would probably eat too much of it.

Other than that when it comes to desserts we have delicato chocolate balls

Which I eat too much of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Garlic stuffed olives.
    Haha love olives hate garlic, however oddly enough I love dill pickles
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-03-25 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nuts. mixed nuts usually. I keep some in a glass bowel in the kitchen for when I go out there I always take one for a nibble
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Macaroons.

Is cake considered “raw”?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Is cake considered “raw”?
    Raw foods treats. Or just special treats meaning anything but on a special occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Raw foods treats. Or just special treats meaning anything but on a special occasion.
    So...just “treats”.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Mango is my drug. Don't buy it too often though due costs and that I would probably eat too much of it.

Other than that when it comes to desserts we have delicato chocolate balls

Which I eat too much of.
    Oh yes negerbullar ftw

7+ Year Old Account
    Apples, oranges and bananas

Apple

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    The ratio of cake to icing there makes me feel a bit sick just thinking about how sweet it is. Anyway best snack is ryvita with peanut butter and honey.

Dried wasabi peas, or some humus.

All apples, any kind they are all sexy.