Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Don't expect this plotline to ever be touched again, unless Lincoln decides to go back to the show.
    Yeah, that probably won't ever be discussed heavily in the show again. There is the upcoming movie series though.

I think Andrew Lincoln definitively said he's done with the show. Although a lot can change in a few years, so maybe it could happen if the show continues running long enough for him to change his mind. Or until he gets to a point where he just needs money (which probably won't happen for a long time unless he's just really bad with money management, because iirc, his net worth is somewhere close to $20 million). But yeah, he could eventually start to miss that $650k per episode salary.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Um. Well.

I guess people who edit character status on the Walking Dead fan wiki are going to be busy for the next few minutes.

Is it wrong if the one im most sad about is Ozzy? He was there for like 3-4 episodes but i liked him

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I think it is good to see the communities finally start building towards a future. It is about time. I mean you will always have that one group of humans that just want to murder other humans for the sake of keeping it all for themselves, but now we got three communities building and starting to grow.
    Its four. Hilltop, The Kingdom, Alexandria, and Seaside.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Is it wrong if the one im most sad about is Ozzy? He was there for like 3-4 episodes but i liked him
    Yeah, he was cool. Had a cowboy theme going on. I hoped he'd get to stay around for a little bit longer. Out of all the recent characters in the show, he was one of my favorites. Also I'll kind of miss Frankie because she was hot. :P

I was more shocked about Henry than any of the others. I thought he was pretty much going to be Carl's replacement for the show. Guess I was mistaken there. Carol might come unhinged and go back to Terminator mode over that one (which would actually be pretty cool IMO).

I did suspect that either Enid or Alden (or both) was going to get it sooner or later, after those "we're boyfriend and girlfriend now!" and "I'm gonna make fun of you until we're really old!" lines. Stuff like that in Walking Dead usually means someone involved is gonna die.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-25 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get a spike and you get a spike, and you get a spike. Everyone gets a spike!!!!!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

We all knew it was coming..........

But it still................... wow.............

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    We all knew it was coming..........

But it still................... wow.............
    yeah I was expecting to see Ezekial's head up there but that didn't happen...... but holy fuck what an ending. and that is how you make a good show. none of this cliffhanger shit, no bullshit deaths. just straight up brutality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Yeah, he was cool. Had a cowboy theme going on. I hoped he'd get to stay around for a little bit longer. Out of all the recent characters in the show, he was one of my favorites.

I was more shocked about Henry than any of the others. I thought he was pretty much going to be Carl's replacement for the show. Guess I was mistaken there. Carol might come unhinged and go back to Terminator mode over that one.

I did suspect that either Enid or Alden (or both) was going to get it sooner or later, after those "we're boyfriend and girlfriend now!" and "I'm gonna make fun of you until we're really old!" lines. Stuff like that in Walking Dead usually means someone involved is gonna die.
    yeah the moment they did the opening bit I was like "those 2 happy people are too happy. they are about to die"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Its four. Hilltop, The Kingdom, Alexandria, and Seaside.
    for now...... I watched the preview for the season finale and that may change

Alpha being Alpha should be aware that if you want to make people scared, you get the leaders, not the no-names. Instead, she had half of the leadership in her hands and let them go, as if they weren't going to try to take revenge. Negan at least knew Rick was the leader, but he enjoyed trying to break him and toying with him, which can't really be said for Alpha.

I’m not complaining, though, since at least Henry got what was coming to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha being Alpha should be aware that if you want to make people scared, you get the leaders, not the no-names. Instead, she had half of the leadership in her hands and let them go, as if they weren't going to try to take revenge. Negan at least knew Rick was the leader, but he enjoyed trying to break him and toying with him, which can't really be said for Alpha.

I’m not complaining, though, since at least Henry got what was coming to him.
    Negan didn't kill leaders. Gregory and Ezekiel were killed, Negan had them working for him sometime before Alexandria.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Negan didn't kill leaders. Gregory and Ezekiel were killed, Negan had them working for him sometime before Alexandria.
    Well, from what I recall, he did pick Glenn in the first encounter because he was fairly certain his death would break the spirit of everyone else there. He was one of the leaders, even if Negan was sure that Rick is the one making calls. Now Alpha had Michonne, Carol and Daryl in there - the leader of Alexandria, the one wearing pants in the Kingdom, and the walking legend. Also, their goals weren't the same. Alpha doesn't want to fight unnecessarily, it seems, while Negan wanted the best people possible running his vassalages, assuming they were loyal. What better way is there to assure that the communities won't come looking for revenge than getting rid of their “military” leaders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well, from what I recall, he did pick Glenn in the first encounter because he was fairly certain his death would break the spirit of everyone else there. He was one of the leaders, even if Negan was sure that Rick is the one making calls. Now Alpha had Michonne, Carol and Daryl in there - the leader of Alexandria, the one wearing pants in the Kingdom, and the walking legend. Also, their goals weren't the same. Alpha doesn't want to fight unnecessarily, it seems, while Negan wanted the best people possible running his vassalages, assuming they were loyal. What better way is there to assure that the communities won't come looking for revenge than getting rid of their “military” leaders?
    I thought he wasn't planning on killing Glenn at all. He killed Abraham and was going to let it go at that until Daryl got up and took a swing at him. So then he took out Glenn as punishment for Daryl's outburst. Although it could be that he was planning on killing two from the beginning anyway and just dragged it out to fuck with Rick.

But yeah, Negan's main goal was to enslave the other communities. Alpha isn't really interested in that. She just took offense to the fact that some people walked over the "everything past this is mine" line. And now she's like...double mad because Lydia jumped ship.

Speaking of Negan, I'll be curious to see if (comic spoilers and speculation about what might happen in the show based on that ahead) Alpha dies the same way in the show she did in the comic (so Negan escapes his cell, hunts her down, and brings back her head as a way to earn his freedom). And I wonder if it'll happen in the season finale or if the Whisperers stuff continues on into the next season for a bit. I could see maybe Beta getting killed off in the finale to satisfy people but then leaving Alpha alive to continue the Whisperers story a while longer. Alpha has only been around for like...5-6 episodes, and it's pretty rare for a major villain to last no longer than that.

And if Negan does end up delivering Alpha's head, I wonder where he goes with it? He was all excited to show Rick the head in the comic. I guess he'd take it to Michonne or Daryl in the show now that Rick is gone.

edit: Also it'll suck to be whoever gets "promoted" to new Hilltop leader. Seems like that position is cursed.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-25 at 05:29 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hm. I just read that Danai Gurira (Michonne) is leaving the show next season and will probably be joining Andrew Lincoln in the movie series (so I guess she'll just kind of walk off and go unknown status like Rick did but not necessarily die).

Seems like Daryl and Carol are the only long-term characters on the show that are safe at the moment. I guess Lauren Cohan is open to renegotiations or maybe making guest appearances or such (since her character is just MIA and not actually dead), but apparently it was a contract dispute or something that got her off the show, so no telling where that's gonna go. Maybe she'll be back if that Whiskey Cavalier show ends up bombing.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-25 at 05:27 PM.

Seems like Daryl and Carol are the only long-term characters on the show that are safe at the moment. I guess Lauren Cohan is open to renegotiations or maybe making guest appearances or such (since her character is just MIA and not actually dead), but apparently it was a contract dispute or something that got her off the show, so no telling where that's gonna go. Maybe she'll be back if that Whiskey Cavalier show ends up bombing.
    Oddly enough if either of Daryl or Carol get killed off.. I'll most likely stop watching and just pick it up if it says on netflix.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank fucking fuck tara's finally fucking dead

fuck
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

whole season about a boy who just gets a spike through the head.

i don't watch game of thrones for many reasons, one of them being the gratuitous deaths of main characters. i understand the whispers wanted some revenge, but Tara Enid and Henry made no sense to me. if you write a season around a person and then just kill him before even the end of the season i'm out.

smells of uninspired writing to me.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    whole season about a boy who just gets a spike through the head.

i don't watch game of thrones for many reasons, one of them being the gratuitous deaths of main characters. i understand the whispers wanted some revenge, but Tara Enid and Henry made no sense to me. if you write a season around a person and then just kill him before even the end of the season i'm out.

smells of uninspired writing to me.
    I agree. I know people aren't supposed to be "safe" on a show like Walking Dead, and I know a lot of important people were supposed to die for that spike scene, but the chosen victims in this case didn't make as much sense to me. I feel like it would've been better to stick with what the comics did (so Rosita, Ezekiel, and Luke were the main deaths along with a handful of minor/red shirt characters). Tara was Hilltop leader for less than half a season, and she was already leader #4 (if you count Gregory). It didn't make sense to me that she got killed off so quickly after that.

And yeah all the time spent building Henry up to be Coral #2, then this.

I'm actually ok with Enid's death. I liked her enough, but as I said, I knew either she or Alden (or maybe even both) was going to get it after the lines they had in that episode. Although I'll admit I think I'd rather have lost Alden if given the choice, since Enid was far less annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    thank fucking fuck tara's finally fucking dead
    fuck
    I actually liked Tara. :| She seemed a lot more down to Earth than the other leaders.

But that may be an unpopular opinion. Most of my friends/coworkers who watch the show didn't seem to care much for her. /shrug
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-26 at 02:52 PM.

Seeing the heads made me happy, unimportant people mixed with annoying ones. Wouldnt have mind if Tara still where alive, there really is noone I can see as the leader of Hilltop... Alden is a smug annoying person, the blacksmith tried to kill Maggie and Daryl havent been living there who else is there?

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Seeing the heads made me happy, unimportant people mixed with annoying ones. Wouldnt have mind if Tara still where alive, there really is noone I can see as the leader of Hilltop... Alden is a smug annoying person, the blacksmith tried to kill Maggie and Daryl havent been living there who else is there?
    Good question. Maybe Kal?

Or someone from Magna's group might step up. If anyone, it'd probably be Magna herself (since she seems to be the leader of her little group), but I could see maybe Luke or...uh, what's her name, female Rambo with the bow. edit: Yumiko (had to look her name up)

I was gonna say maybe Daryl could take over, but they made a big deal over that scene where Ezekiel invited him to the Kingdom, so I dunno.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-26 at 01:47 PM.

Good question. Maybe Kal (https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/Kal_(TV_Series)?

Or someone from Magna's group might step up. If anyone, it'd probably be Magna herself (since she seems to be the leader of her little group), but I could see maybe Luke or...uh, what's her name, female Rambo with the bow. Yumiko (had to look her name up)

I was gonna say maybe Daryl could take over, but they made a big deal over that scene where Ezekiel invited him to the Kingdom, so I dunno.
    I wouldnt mind Kal, but he really havent had much online time he would have got more time since they knew he would take over. Magnas group came after the timejump so they are really really new. Dianne (female rambo) maybe, but she moved back to kingdom but people in Hilltop would rather have her then someone from the completely new Margo group. But yes, its pretty much only the Margo group that is intresting to watch.

My guess is probably the annoying Alden or that something will happen that destroys one of the communities so people get mixed up and noone for todays hilltop will be one of the leaders. (Or they just do a concil with unknown people)