Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Who is your main account?

All that talk of being a big bad American why you hiding behind a burn account like a coward?
    It's most likely Vatrilian, he started nation bashing several pages ago and got banned for it and this new account just happens to pop up and is doing the exact same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    WADR, why are you indulging an obvious alt account insulting people who is trying to derail the topic of the thread?
    Hadn't realised originally it was a burner for a permaban. Mobile site doesnt show postcount annoyingly.

That and their last post just exposed them as talking bollocks. Also, WADR?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Hadn't realised originally it was a burner for a permaban. Mobile site doesnt show postcount annoyingly.

That and their last post just exposed them as talking bollocks. Also, WADR?
    With All Due Respect
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh, get off your high horse. He wasn't trolling nor representing an absurd viewpoint. I don't look at post counts. Neither should you.
    There's no high horse about it. It's feeding the single-post burner accounts just trying to get a rise out of people.

They're like a grease fire; if you throw facts and well-thought out opinions at them, they'll just burn brighter and more stupid. That's their MO: to obfuscate and distract. In order to make them go away you have to ignore them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    With All Due Respect
    Aha, TIL.

Anyway, I bit and realise my error. I thought they had an actual point to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Who is your main account?

All that talk of being a big bad American why you hiding behind a burn account like a coward?
    It's American Master or whoever.

He the dude who's so unable to get a clue that he's probably on 3 digit's worth of banned alt accounts

Aha, TIL.

Anyway, I bit and realise my error. I thought they had an actual point to make.
    No problem and thank you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I wonder if they realise how dependent GoT is on "irrelevant Brits" as actors. Barely a cast without them in it.

Also Dr Who? You should have mentioned Sherlock, Peaky Blinders or Downton Abbey. Apparently IMDB is the definition of cultural importance!
    I was pondering mentioning better pieces like Monthy Python, Black Adder, Wooster & Jeeves and Yes, Minister. Oh, don't forget my personal favourite: Fawlty Towers. Genius in its simplicity. I'm happy to report that I probably only scraped the surface so far, the last few years have given me a deeper apreciation for European productions. I'll still not touch any German production with a ten-foot pole, to be honest, though. They're just shite. Crass and unfunny vulgar humour isn't my thing.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's American Master or whoever.

He the dude who's so unable to get a clue that he's probably on 3 digit's worth of banned alt accounts
    Yeah, he is. Which is just sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's actually pretty incredulous to believe that the public should accept a four page summary of an unknown volume of pages from the original report by a politically appointed official who wrote an 18 page memo on his own volition explaining how Trump cannot be indicted.

This is another five alarm fire call for our country, we are witnessing the absence of checks and balances and the precipitous rise of conservative authoritarian governance.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, he is. Which is just sad.
    It's also unavoidable. The mods are right, if they introduce a post-count limit, these burners would infest the rest of the forum. And we are literally the trash heap, we just gotta deal with it. I'm curious about that mystery solution Chaud hinted at, though.

God, please let it be a Russian mob squad driving to their homes... just this once, listen, dammit. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I was pondering mentioning better pieces like Monthy Python, Black Adder, Wooster & Jeeves and Yes, Minister. Oh, don't forget my personal favourite: Fawlty Towers. Genius in its simplicity. I'm happy to report that I probably only scraped the surface so far, the last few years have given me a deeper apreciation for European productions. I'll still not touch any German production with a ten-foot pole, to be honest, though. They're just shite. Crass and unfunny vulgar humour isn't my thing.
    Dunno, man, I liked Es muss nicht immer Kaviar sein. Then again, that was anything but crass.

I also used to like children's shows from the DDR back in the days.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has already gone off topic enough, for my sins in taking part in such, let's not perpetuate that with talk about moderation and banned accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It's actually pretty incredulous to believe that the public should accept a four page summary of an unknown volume of pages from the original report by a politically appointed official who wrote an 18 page memo on his own volition explaining how Trump cannot be indicted.

This is another five alarm fire call for our country, we are witnessing the absence of checks and balances and the precipitous rise of conservative authoritarian governance.
    You'll get the report sooner or later... Freedom of Information Act or something something...

As for the checks and balances, you are witnessing them. See, they don't always bite. For good reason, they're not meant to keep specific people out, they're merely designed to keep the constitutional order intact. What you do within that order is up to you. And the US, like it or not, have democratically elected a clown as President, within the confines of their constitution. So yeah, the election system is shite, but it worked as designed. Can't blame Trump for that.

You'll have to solve this politically. It seems the justice department is not going to dig you out of this ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by looka View Post
    Name me some tv series or movies you Brits made that trumps any of those series i mentioned.

Stay silent you irrelevant british donkeys. Your stagnated 2.8 trillion GDP (and falling thanks to brexit) with thug ridden cities and a poor 40 billion military budget because you're poor as an african.
    Boy someone is projecting hard.

Britain made some of the best TV shows of all time, particularly comedies, so I don't know what you're on about there. Also why are you bringing up Hollywood and then talking about cable TV shows? Also don't you guys hate Hollywood?

Hang on, are you even American?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Dunno, man, I liked Es muss nicht immer Kaviar sein. Then again, that was anything but crass.

I also used to like children's shows from the DDR back in the days.
    Okay, it's based on a novel, so that's a good sign. There are exceptions to this rule, of course. Heinz Rühmann did very good movies and was one of our best actors, too. But as a general rule, German TV productions these days are shite.

I'll admit, it may be a case of being a prophet in your own land, but who knows...

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Maybe US liberals will now get they are focusing on the wrong shit, Trump has literal concentration camps for fucks sake.

AoC summed this whole shitshow up best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Boy someone is projecting hard.

Britain made some of the best TV shows of all time, particularly comedies, so I don't know what you're on about there. Also why are you bringing up Hollywood and then talking about cable TV shows? Also don't you guys hate Hollywood?

Hang on, are you even American?
    Yes minister is still amazing and relevant.

I was pondering mentioning better pieces like Monthy Python, Black Adder, Wooster & Jeeves and Yes, Minister. Oh, don't forget my personal favourite: Fawlty Towers.
    I'd add almost everything Graham Linehan made. And the Thick of It. And the original Office and Little Britain and Bromwell High. And a pile of others.

And Dr Who and Red Dwarf...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Yes minister is still amazing and relevant.
    I still find myself watching clips from that show on Youtube all the time. Unbeatable writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Okay, it's based on a novel, so that's a good sign. There are exceptions to this rule, of course. Heinz Rühmann did very good movies and was one of our best actors, too. But as a general rule, German TV productions these days are shite.
    I wouldn't know... The only German TV I've seen these past years are the antics of Böhmermann and whenever Hungary is mentioned on the Heute Show. But even if the stuff was good, it would still be drowned out by American and British works.