Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Yes, you digging your ditch all the deeper is sure calling me out.

Do yourself a favor and look up what an invasion is, and then do yourself another favor and look through the quests again and take the ten or so minutes it takes to actually look at the night elf encampments.

Or you know, continue with the insanity.

The sheer flexability you must possess to dodge this common sense is impressive.
    Friendlyimmolation; "Someone doesn't see things the way I do - they must definitely be insane"

The way some of you guys go on about it, you'd think the Night Elves had a fleet of ships and a full fledged army ready for the conquest of the Ghostlands. Maybe one day you'd realise that the type of invasion the horde is doing in Ashenvale is not the same "invasion" a surveillance/spy team does. So fans coming out full on. Like you don't know words can have multiple meanings in English - meaning they don't always mean the same thing despite the same word being used. That's not even factoring taking poetic licence of a word, which is the reason for half of the additional meanings words have.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I mean they probably did. I don't have a problem with the animosity I just want the opportunity to give it back. Ashenvale will be perfect just let us go wild with the Night Warrior and mock horde, Heck id go for a troll tusk necklace XD

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Friendlyimmolation; "Someone doesn't see things the way I do - they must definitely be insane"

The way some of you guys go on about it, you'd think the Night Elves had a fleet of ships and a full fledged army ready for the conquest of the Ghostlands. Maybe one day you'd realise that the type of invasion the horde is doing in Ashenvale is not the same "invasion" a surveillance/spy team does. So fans coming out full on. Like you don't know words can have multiple meanings in English - meaning they don't always mean the same thing despite the same word being used. That's not even factoring taking poetic licence of a word, which is the reason for half of the additional meanings words have.
    No, someone trying to paint the invaders of a nation as victims when they are rightfully driven out or killed is taking an insane stance

No matter which way you try to spin it, the blood elves are not at fault or morally in the wrong for killing the night elven invaders, you’re not a night elf irl, it won’t hurt to admit the night elves are capable of totally fucking up, IE invading Quel’thalas and getting killed for it.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2019-03-23 at 03:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

No, someone trying to paint the invaders of a nation as victims when they are rightfully driven out or killed is taking an insane stance

No matter which way you try to spin it, the blood elves are not at fault or morally in the wrong for killing the night elven invaders, you’re not a night elf irl.
    Oh, iIm trying to spin, you've been spinning this so long, spouting this one sided view as if it is the concluded fact about the whole thing ever since Malfurion was written to make that statement. Spinning it to make the blood elves look totally justified and Malfurion wrong for pointing out that his people had never gone and invaded their lands, knowing full well what they were doing. And you think i'm spinning it. Get real Friendly. You're not always right about stuff, and just because you don't get challenged about it, doesn't mean it's correct. There are different ways to look at a situation that aren't wrong, and in some cases are spot on. If you'd care to admit it and look beyond your own viewpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, iIm trying to spin, you've been spinning this so long, spouting this one sided view as if it is the concluded fact about the whole thing ever since Malfurion was written to make that statement. Spinning it to make the blood elves look totally justified and Malfurion wrong for pointing out that his people had never gone and invaded their lands, knowing full well what they were doing. And you think i'm spinning it. Get real Friendly. You're not always right about stuff, and just because you don't get challenged about it, doesn't mean it's correct. There are different ways to look at a situation that aren't wrong, and in some cases are spot on. If you'd care to admit it and look beyond your own viewpoint.
    Except that the night elves did invade their lands, a mistake acknowledged by the writer. So once again here you are trying to spin and maintain your lie.

If people invade your land you are justified in killing them, the night elves were not invited, they did not announce themselves, they were unwelcome invaders.

You’re telling me to get real while trying to shovel your hilariously dismissible headcanon, you’re lying and trying to use Malfurions statement which as best is simple ignorance born of a writers acknowledged mistake.

There is no “different way to look at things” the night elves invaded and paid the price , your headcanon is just that founded on personal wishes and the mistake of a writer that he already acknowledged.

So “get real” challenge my point again and again, all you have is headcanon and a desperate failing effort to paint the invading night elves as victims. Made up stories are nice, but maybe don’t try to submit it as a fact on a lore forum.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm gonna go ahead and go off the YEARS of established behavior of the blood elves over one edgelord's personal deviantart insert character.

i'd imagine that blizz will allow everyone to forget that loser existed.
    You mean the years of established lore that the blood elves hate the night elves' guts? Made even worse in Cataclysm by them accepting the Shen'dralar?

The night elves banished the blood elves from their homeland, forcing them to travel all across the world looking for a new one, suffering horribly, essentially mutating into a new race, falling under the insanity inducing power of a c'thraxi, having to move on again, finally getting a home, and then having to fight a genocidal troll empire to survive. Why did they suffer all of that hardship? Because they didn't want to abandon arcane magic because two elves who ended up in power blamed all their races' problems on it. That's all bad enough. Then in Cataclysm they accept the Shen'dralar back and begin training mages.

The blood elves have every right to be pissed at the night elves. I'd say the enmity between them is second only to that between the orcs and humans, who fought 3 genocidal wars against each other.

Except that the night elves did invade their lands, a mistake acknowledged by the writer. So once again here you are trying to spin and maintain your lie.
    The writer did not acknowledge that he made a mistake about the night elves invading their land. He said he forgot about the ghostlands quest when the questioner brought it up, framing it as an invasion.

what the night elves did in ghosltands was not an invasion, you can view it as one if you want, but it is certainly not the same as what the horde and Lorash were doing in Ashenvale, which is an actual invasion.

If people invade your land you are justified in killing them, the night elves were not invited, they did not announce themselves, they were unwelcome invaders.
    Uninvited guests, just bevcause popular media has used "invaders" as a colourful way of saying infiltrator, doesn't mean that is what it originally means. It's become so popular, youngsters like you, now think what the night elves did was "invasion", even though it is clear it certainly is not the same thing in the two instances. This is what I mean by language.

You’re telling me to get real while trying to shovel your hilariously dismissible headcanon, you’re lying and trying to use Malfurions statement which as best is simple ignorance born of a writers acknowledged mistake.
    You read too much into the writers comment, in an attempt to justify your view and misgauging of the situation. You forget that the writers script is proof read and by several people and iterated to check for errors and inconsistencies. His twitter remarks are not, so it is easy for you to take them as some sort of acknowledgement that the statement was wrong, when all he was saying was that he forgot about that.
    There is no “different way to look at things” the night elves invaded and paid the price , your headcanon is just that founded on personal wishes and the mistake of a writer that he already acknowledged.
    once again, refusal to see any way but your way, and ofc a different way is headcanon, ...word according to friendly.

So “get real” challenge my point again and again, all you have is headcanon and a desperate failing effort to paint the invading night elves as victims. Made up stories are nice, but maybe don’t try to submit it as a fact on a lore forum
    You're not convincing me here, you're just plain stubborna nd don't seem to like admitting or even considering you might be incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You mean the years of established lore that the blood elves hate the night elves' guts? Made even worse in Cataclysm by them accepting the Shen'dralar?

The night elves banished the blood elves from their homeland, forcing them to travel all across the world looking for a new one, suffering horribly, essentially mutating into a new race, falling under the insanity inducing power of a c'thraxi, having to move on again, finally getting a home, and then having to fight a genocidal troll empire to survive. Why did they suffer all of that hardship? Because they didn't want to abandon arcane magic because two elves who ended up in power blamed all their races' problems on it. That's all bad enough. Then in Cataclysm they accept the Shen'dralar back and begin training mages.

The blood elves have every right to be pissed at the night elves. I'd say the enmity between them is second only to that between the orcs and humans, who fought 3 genocidal wars against each other.
    there dislike for each other has never truly gone beyond snide remarks and upstaging.

there's far stronger hatred between quel'dorei and sin'dorei than has ever been shown between them and kaldorei.

10+ Year Old Account
    The writer did not acknowledge that he made a mistake about the night elves invading their land. He said he forgot about the ghostlands quest when the questioner brought it up, framing it as an invasion.

what the night elves did in ghosltands was not an invasion, you can view it as one if you want, but it is certainly not the same as what the horde and Lorash were doing in Ashenvale, which is an actual invasion.
    Once again it doesn’t matter what you think, the night elves literally invaded Quel’thalas territory, an invasion doesn’t need to be full deployment to be so, for all your talk of different meanings, this fact seems to consistently escape you.

Uninvited guests, just bevcause popular media has used "invaders" as a colourful way of saying infiltrator, doesn't mean that is what it originally means. It's become so popular, youngsters like you, now think what the night elves did was "invasion", even though it is clear it certainly is not the same thing in the two instances. This is what I mean by language.
    Perhaps in your own mind hostile forces entering foreign land doesn’t equal an invasion, but to anyone else not trying to save face after being called out for rambling headcanon, it does.

You read too much into the writers comment, in an attempt to justify your view and misgauging of the situation. You forget that the writers script is proof read and by several people and iterated to check for errors and inconsistencies. His twitter remarks are not, so it is easy for you to take them as some sort of acknowledgement that the statement was wrong, when all he was saying was that he forgot about that.
    Another failed argument. You’re trying to say that because there are proofreaders errors are impossible, remeber in before the storm where Golden accidentally wrote in Greymane having a tail? Mistakes happen, just like your mistake of clinging to a story tidbit that a writer already admitted he messed up on.

once again, refusal to see any way but your way, and ofc a different way is headcanon, ...word according to friendly
    no, you denying fact, misusing or trying to change definitions and outright peddling a narrative only confirmed in your head is headcanon. Your entire rant from the start was headcanon and it remains so even as the frail bindings that keep it stocked together are hacked away.

You're not convincing me here, you're just plain stubborna nd don't seem to like admitting or even considering you might be incorrect.
    once again, I could care less if you never give up on your fairy tail dream where night elves can simultaneously invade a land and be the victims when they get killed, this is for the benefit of anyone else who may otherwise accidentally mistake you for someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to any of this lore.
    Holy shit lol

there dislike for each other has never truly gone beyond snide remarks and upstaging.

there's far stronger hatred between quel'dorei and sin'dorei than has ever been shown between them and kaldorei.
    Did you ever do the Horde questline to recover the Divine Bell? Grand Magister Rommath, one of the calmest and most composed blood elves we've met, goes on a bloody swearing rampage swearing vengeance against the Alliance under the influence of the sha. As we've seen, the sha can't create emotion that isn't there, they simply destroy all control over it and let it out. I'd wager that there IS a great deal of hostility, the elves simply keep themselves composed and don't SHOW a lot of it. Look back to the elf army that attacked Elisande before the Nightwell opened. They knew they were facing a powerful enemy holding one of the objects they needed to save the world from the Legion, and when in close proximity they couldn't help themselves from blatant acts of sabotage.

Once again it doesn’t matter what you think, the night elves literally invaded Quel’thalas territory, an invasion doesn’t need to be full deployment to be so, for all your talk of different meanings, this fact seems to consistently escape you.

Perhaps in your own mind hostile forces entering foreign land doesn’t equal an invasion, but to anyone else not trying to save face after being called out for rambling headcanon, it does.

Another failed argument. You’re trying to say that because there are proofreaders errors are impossible, remeber in before the storm where Golden accidentally wrote in Greymane having a tail? Mistakes happen, just like your mistake of clinging to a story tidbit that a writer already admitted he messed up on.

no, you denying fact, misusing or trying to change definitions and outright peddling a narrative only confirmed in your head is headcanon. Your entire rant from the start was headcanon and it remains so even as the frail bindings that keep it stocked together are hacked away.

once again, I could care less if you never give up on your fairy tail dream where night elves can simultaneously invade a land and be the victims when they get killed, this is for the benefit of anyone else who may otherwise accidentally mistake you for someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to any of this lore.
    This is rich, you are playing one giant delusion, somebodies fantasy and headcanon..,and you are having a go at others on their fantasy, head canon and delusion.

I bet you're not even seeing the irony.

Screw reality huh! As long as you're right and get the last word right

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Did you ever do the Horde questline to recover the Divine Bell? Grand Magister Rommath, one of the calmest and most composed blood elves we've met, goes on a bloody swearing rampage swearing vengeance against the Alliance under the influence of the sha. As we've seen, the sha can't create emotion that isn't there, they simply destroy all control over it and let it out. I'd wager that there IS a great deal of hostility, the elves simply keep themselves composed and don't SHOW a lot of it. Look back to the elf army that attacked Elisande before the Nightwell opened. They knew they were facing a powerful enemy holding one of the objects they needed to save the world from the Legion, and when in close proximity they couldn't help themselves from blatant acts of sabotage.
    they didn't sabotage each other, they played pranks. the sabotage was done by elisande loyalists in disguise.

the sha don't create emotions, no, but they amplify them in extreme degrees. look at nazgrim nearly soil himself in fear of what garrosh will do to him for losing the ship, and then immediately shooting to rage.

they didn't sabotage each other, they played pranks. the sabotage was done by elisande loyalists in disguise.
    The pranks were done by disguised Elisande loyalists too. It was extremely out of character for the elves to be pulling pranks like teenagers, and the nature of the pranks serves very conveniently to cause distrust and disgust to bubble to the extent corporeation is impossible.

It is in investigating those pranks that you get led to the masquerading of Elisande agents. I can't see any viable conclusion other than that they are the ones behind it trying to weaken and cause the elven groups to fight, defeating their invasion before it even begins.

Do you not find it weird blood elves would make a prank out of night elves being trolls, when they are devolved night elves themselves. Sure such a tease would aggravate the night elves, but only coming from another race.

Well you are insane if your posts are anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well you are insane if your posts are anything to go by.
    You're one to talk. But then, aren't we all ?

- - - Updated - - -

the sha don't create emotions, no, but they amplify them in extreme degrees. look at nazgrim nearly soil himself in fear of what garrosh will do to him for losing the ship, and then immediately shooting to rage.
    Indeed, what you see in Rommath is what's in him..however it must be noted that, just because you feel a certain way, doesn't mean that is the actual truth of how you are, restraining yourself is also quite a valid and conscious way of defining who you are.

Every time I feel rage, doesn't mean I act on it, and if my inhibitions were removed, and I did, does that mean that the rage is my true state? No. it just means it was there as a part of what I felt, but I decide who I want to be, and choosing not to act on it is as much defining of me as feeling the rage.

I am not what I feel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Darkspear aren't as savage and warlike as other tribes. Some may have enjoyed it, though I suspect Vol'jin wouldn't have approved it. We'll never know as he is now Talanji's friendly ghost who serves to praise her.

Shatterspear though? After having their home and everything else taken from them, I imagine they had lots of fun
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I know every blood elf would have enjoyed every moment. Best pre-patch ever. I'm thinking the trolls would have shared the delight.
    Uh every blood elf who actually has a clue about their own history would be shocked and horrified since their current overarching leader and former hero of their race basically did to another race what Arthas did to their own right up to and including raising their former heroes to serve her.

Why are you trying to expand one mindset to a whole people ? Of course there are blood elves who would have enjoy the fall of the civilization that banished their ancestors. But there would also be blood elves who remember the fall of Quel'thalas in the Third War and would'nt wish that to even their worse enemy. And there are some who would have wished them just that.

Opinions are a personal thing, therefore must be treated as so.

You all know very well that when Sylvanas goes raid boss the Horde will acknowledge that the burning of Teldrassil was a mistake. Plot-wise, it was the beggining of the setup to make Sylvanas into a villain. The only thing left to know is if she's going to be an Arthas or a Kerrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Uh every blood elf who actually has a clue about their own history would be shocked and horrified since their current overarching leader and former hero of their race basically did to another race what Arthas did to their own right up to and including raising their former heroes to serve her.
    Should be yes...which begs the question, why aren't we seeing blood elves and especially high elves and void elves mortified by this? What a perfect opportunity to create some Night elf/ thalassian help friendship.

But once again all we see is the hate side from the elves.