Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Considering buying BFA

Thinking about actually taking the plunge and purchasing this game as im rather bored and have actually fancied a game of warcraft lately. Thing is though i want to start a fresh new char but im lead to understand i cant just pick up a Dark Iron dwarf or a Kul Trian is that right? If they need unlocking could anyone give me a rough time scale as to how long it would take to get either of these races? I am a veteran player btw so have max level Legion classes if that helps on rep grinds etc but prefer to ignore those if possible and start from level 1.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure with KT, but Dark Irons will take 4-6 weeks I believe, depending on how much you farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should not be some crazy grind really, you need one new faction rep and complete the War Campaign, which in Legion would amount to completing class hall campaign to unlock.

Overall, expect a bunch of derps to rush in and try to discourage you from BFA, but it's fine really and as Alliance you get a very nice story continuation for Jaina, which was done right IMO and had some nice moments.

So go for it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    depends how hard you push the rep grinds. Dark Iron require exalted with the 7th Legion which isn't too hard to get if you obliterate the world quests every single day. Kul Tiran require exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty which, if you do every single quest in the zone of Tiragarde Sound and then you spam the crap out of world quests. If you go hard I reckon maybe 1 week, 2-3 if you go soft. when you hit 120 you can also do the island expeditions quest to get 36k azerite and that gives you 1500 7th Legion rep

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Not sure with KT, but Dark Irons will take 4-6 weeks I believe, depending on how much you farm.
    no way, it does not take 4-6 weeks to hit exalted with 7th Legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Maybe I was just slow then.. That's entirely possible

Don't forget you'll need to level a character to complete all the requirements. So you have to factor in that time as well. Now that heirlooms can be upgraded to scale up to 120 leveling time really depends on how much you're willing to spend on these upgrades

There is a bucket load of content ... you can get maybe 200hrs just in BfA before you get bored.

Expect to be bored out of your mind from 100 to 110 because the whole point of it (the Artefact) was removed pre BFA.

Level 1-60 is ok and quick, 60->100 is WAY faster.

Is that worth it to you ? Then go for it?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complete all 3 zones to get Jaina quest to unlock. IMO it's a treat as Alliance, BFA did right by Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    depends how hard you push the rep grinds. Dark Iron require exalted with the 7th Legion which isn't too hard to get if you obliterate the world quests every single day. Kul Tiran require exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty which, if you do every single quest in the zone of Tiragarde Sound and then you spam the crap out of world quests. If you go hard I reckon maybe 1 week, 2-3 if you go soft. when you hit 120 you can also do the island expeditions quest to get 36k azerite and that gives you 1500 7th Legion rep

- - - Updated - - -

Was hoping to read they removed the unlock and you can pick up a Dark Iron straight away but always had a feeling i was pissing into the wind.

I'll have a think about it and decide later as the real pull for me is leveling one of the new races from scratch, not sure if im willing to blow the dust off my level 110's for that soul reason.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    At first, you need to level 120 char (2 weeks max) and after that you have to grind reps for like 2 weeks to reach exalted.

7th Legion is really the easiest rept right now. The war campaign now give you more rept then what it was at release. If you do Invasion (they are up each 19h for 7h so they have a huge uptime) you get 500 or 1000 bonus rept, and half the WQ give rept with them if you really want to rush them.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Buy it. It is the best game ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait until 8.2 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolopolo View Post
    Thinking about actually taking the plunge and purchasing this game as im rather bored and have actually fancied a game of warcraft lately. Thing is though i want to start a fresh new char but im lead to understand i cant just pick up a Dark Iron dwarf or a Kul Trian is that right? If they need unlocking could anyone give me a rough time scale as to how long it would take to get either of these races? I am a veteran player btw so have max level Legion classes if that helps on rep grinds etc but prefer to ignore those if possible and start from level 1.

Thanks in advance.
    Wait till 8.2 and start on a week with double reputation gains, there is nothing overly interesting in the game right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jowany View Post
    At first, you need to level 120 char (2 weeks max) and after that you have to grind reps for like 2 weeks to reach exalted.
    You can get to 120 in a day...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Wait till 8.2 and start on a week with double reputation gains, there is nothing overly interesting in the game right now.

- - - Updated - - -

1-120 in a day? Maybe /played time, but not everyone #nolife the game.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    1-120 in a day? Maybe /played time, but not everyone #nolife the game.
    Well even like 3 or 4 days taking your time is fine, but 2 weeks is a lie at best lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    From your post you consider playing Alliance: so with a Human character the DI Dwarf farm is roughly 2 to 2&1/5 weeks if you clear most WQs regularly. Kul Tirans would probably be on the same level, perhaps 3&1/5 weeks if you're unlucky with assault timing and emissaries.

EDIT: I'm a bit wrong, the DI Dwarf one could be done in 1&1/5 week considering the War Campaign gives loads of rep.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

- - - Updated - - -

In a day? I have been levelling a Kul Tiran Rogue, with full looms, XP potion from Vendor, then XP potion stacked with Garrison potion for WOD content and it took me 2 days /played to get to 110.

What can I do to get to 120 in a day? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    In a day? I have been levelling a Kul Tiran Rogue, with full looms, XP potion from Vendor, then XP potion stacked with Garrison potion for WOD content and it took me 2 days /played to get to 110.

What can I do to get to 120 in a day? lol
    From 110? You can EASILY get to 120. I would assume anyone intelligent would be starting from 110 since a boost is included.

Please do not encourage blizzard at this time
    they dont deserve your money!