Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolopolo View Post
    Thinking about actually taking the plunge and purchasing this game as im rather bored and have actually fancied a game of warcraft lately. Thing is though i want to start a fresh new char but im lead to understand i cant just pick up a Dark Iron dwarf or a Kul Trian is that right? If they need unlocking could anyone give me a rough time scale as to how long it would take to get either of these races? I am a veteran player btw so have max level Legion classes if that helps on rep grinds etc but prefer to ignore those if possible and start from level 1.

Thanks in advance.
    I would advise to wait until 9.0, the next expansion at least, or like the end of BfA before returning to the game, as of right now everything Is pointless to grind, you'd have to grind lots of reps and quests that are also time gated because Blizz has a boner for those lately. Just wait before you come back on, as of right now the game Is pretty bad and I doubt It'll get better until the next expansion personally, by how much that depends on Blizzard and If they wanna listen to player feedback.

I've dabbled into Final Fantasy 14 and doing some research on that, and trust me, Square Enix despite some of their own faults and mistakes In the past, took that MMO that launched In 2010, shut It down in 2012 In the most epic way and brought the game back years later WITH player feedback In mind and changed It.

And you know what, If Blizzard wants to do another WoD content draught style thing, let them. Just do It Blizzard, as long as you change your shiz up and listen to player feedback. Because last time you did a content draught you gave us a piece of grindy shiz called Legion, for the last three expansions It's been nothing but the worst expansions this game has ever seen.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Was hoping to read they removed the unlock and you can pick up a Dark Iron straight away but always had a feeling i was pissing into the wind.

I'll have a think about it and decide later as the real pull for me is leveling one of the new races from scratch, not sure if im willing to blow the dust off my level 110's for that soul reason.
    They’ll probably greatly reduce or remove the requirement in 8.3 to entice people back in game. I would be pretty surprised if there wasn’t a catch up mechanic in the future.

As for the time it takes to unlock. Dark Iron took me 14 days. But that before Darkshore, invasions and the war campaign being extended. I imagine you could probably do now in 10 days depending on Warfront cycle and emissaries. Kul Tirans take longer. My guess is around 20 days because you have far less options for rep and are gated more waiting for Proudmoore Admiralty emissaries

Hope that helps

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    7th Legion requires 1week and a half maybe. Proudmoore Admiralty is needed for KT and it might take some more. Then again I'm playing human so diplomacy came handy. Also there are several sources of extra rep like the DM buff, the invasions, every once in a while WQ week etc.

May God have mercy on your soul

10+ Year Old Account
    8.2 is coming out soon so i would def suggest buying it now and playing through it to get caught up. You got about ~70 more day till maybe 8.2 so thats plenty of time to get in level up do the war campaign and unlock the new races.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Complete all 3 zones to get Jaina quest to unlock. IMO it's a treat as Alliance, BFA did right by Jaina.
    Not really... her brother should be the Lord Admiral, and they've turned her into another Mary Sue.

I would hold off until 8.2, the game is absolutely in the worst state it's ever been right now.

I also have to say that it took me way longer than 2 weeks to unlock DI dwarfs. It was more like 4 weeks, however incursions weren't a thing at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Not really... her brother should be the Lord Admiral, and they've turned her into another Mary Sue.
    Tandred? Could not give two fucks about that one.

Jaina is a character that was around for so many years through thin and thick, I am glad they made a fitting and touching story for her.

She got the very resolution I hoped for, instead the usual bull that happened to most W3 characters where they were pretty much wasted in WoW's early and messy days and often in ridiculous fashion at that. Jaina's story in BfA is a proper story at last, as opposed to all the atrocities done to her character over the years.

Heck, I'm glad it's not yet another prominent Alliance character going neutral crap all over again either.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-25 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I would hold off until 8.2, the game is absolutely in the worst state it's ever been right now.
    I agree. The most interesting part right now imho is leveling and even that is terrible.

8.2 will definitely make the game better (since there's at least gonna be brand new content).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Tandred? Could not give two fucks about that one.

Jaina is a character that was around for so many years through thin and thick, I am glad they made a fitting and touching story for her.

She got the very resolution I hoped for, instead the usual bull that happened to most W3 characters where they were pretty much wasted in WoW's early and messy days and often in ridiculous fashion at that. Jaina's story in BfA is a proper story at last, as opposed to all the atrocities done to her character over the years.

Heck, I'm glad it's not yet another prominent Alliance character going neutral crap all over again either.
    He's probably just upset because he doesn't like to see women in positions of power. This forum seems to have a lot of insecure guys.

As for BFA... it's fun if you have people to play with. If you're gonna be mostly pugging on playing solo, I'd pass it.

I'll join the 8.2 team, hold off your purchase. The game is not worth its price right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    He's probably just upset because he doesn't like to see women in positions of power. This forum seems to have a lot of insecure guys.

As for BFA... it's fun if you have people to play with. If you're gonna be mostly pugging on playing solo, I'd pass it.
    Let's not turn this thread into SJW bullshit debates pretty please.

i wouldnt buy it if i were you. bfa is the worst expansion there is, and on top of that you will probably get bfa for free when the next expac comes

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

no way, it does not take 4-6 weeks to hit exalted with 7th Legion
    I'm still not exalted with them. It depends how hard you grind and if you play every day.

Thinking about actually taking the plunge and purchasing this game as im rather bored and have actually fancied a game of warcraft lately. Thing is though i want to start a fresh new char but im lead to understand i cant just pick up a Dark Iron dwarf or a Kul Trian is that right? If they need unlocking could anyone give me a rough time scale as to how long it would take to get either of these races? I am a veteran player btw so have max level Legion classes if that helps on rep grinds etc but prefer to ignore those if possible and start from level 1.

Thanks in advance.
    If you haven't played since 7.3.5 you're in for a world of not what you expect from levelling. If you have then you know what you're in for. 110 levels of utterly tedious mob killing with essentially zero power gain followed by 10 levels of getting weaker.

Thanks in advance.
    It's a free weekend, just try it see if you like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just dont, there are better uses for ur money.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    I'll join the 8.2 team, hold off your purchase. The game is not worth its price right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not turn this thread into SJW bullshit debates pretty please.
    I'll stop when I stop seeing people constantly whining and crying because "there's too many females" in WoW, and making all those toxic masculinity jokes. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    From 110? You can EASILY get to 120. I would assume anyone intelligent would be starting from 110 since a boost is included.
    You assume a lot of people don't want the heritage armor, which is pretty cool for certain allied races and cannot be gained from a boosted char...thanks for playing, try again.