Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ... Why?

Seems arbitrary, but you can just opt out of using them I guess.
    Same reason people complain about max level boosts that come out before the next expansion.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    90% of those players who’ll make it past 20 won’t reach Naxx anyway
    so 99 % wont see Naxx - seems exacly like vanilla numbers ^^

wait you mean you have to make a choice between being more powerful or leveling faster... how will anyone be able to deal with the pressure of making a decision?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is about the tuning or scaling of heirlooms, not WoW Classic. Return to the actual original topic of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by StPaul View Post
    No. It's not reasonable. You're comparing heirlooms to Azerite and that's where you're wrong. Azerite is not leveling gear. Heirlooms were always on par with normal dungeon gear.
    The enemies are tuned to azerite gear though, and you get azerite gear while leveling. How is it not leveling gear? Shouldn't heirlooms be tuned so that it's at least par with gear you get while leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    The enemies are tuned to azerite gear though, and you get azerite gear while leveling. How is it not leveling gear? Shouldn't heirlooms be tuned so that it's at least par with gear you get while leveling?
    it is.
    azerite gear comes at fixed itemlevels though.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, the tradeoff is fine.
    The weird feeling is more at 116 when legendaries deactivate.
    You lose more power there than heirloom vs azerite at like 112 or something.

I'm fine with it.
    Yes, it cost some gold, but for the bonus xp and easing the leveling process by 50%, I would pay it again.

I leveled two chars with full heirlooms so far, and both the rogue and enhance shaman were really squishy. I put on 2 pieces of Azerite with resounding protection while questing then switched to full heirlooms to hand-in quests. This was slightly annoying but worked OK.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Clearing Naxx?

Lol, 90% of players won’t even get to C’thun. Ever. Not counting that if they stick more or less with the original timeline Naxx will be out after one year and a half.

I was under the impression that Naxx would be there on launch because it all goes live as one of the last patches of Vanilla. This could be wrong though because I have not followed it all that closely.

As to the thing about Naxx, yeah nearly everyone “left” (that being the critical word) by that point will be pushing or clearing it. Very few people are going to hang around spinning their wheels if it looks like they might not actually get to Naxx... because they can jump right back into retail at any time.

Besides which, it’s pretty likely that the primary audience for Classic is going to be people who raided successfully during that time, so the biggest barrier to beating Naxx will be navigating the required gear treadmill.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2019-03-22 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I was under the impression that Naxx would be there on launch because it all goes live as one of the last patches of Vanilla. This could be wrong though because I have not followed it all that closely.

As to the thing about Naxx, yeah nearly everyone “left” (that being the critical word) by that point will be pushing or clearing it. Very few people are going to hang around spinning their wheels if it looks like they might not actually get to Naxx... because they can jump right back into retail at any time.

Besides which, it’s pretty likely that the primary audience for Classic is going to be people who raided successfully during that time, so the biggest barrier to beating Naxx will be navigating the required gear treadmill.
    the people who raided back then and still care to raid are raiding on live, sorry.
    classic is gonna be 99% private server nerds for about 2 months then they are gonna go back to pirating

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    the people who raided back then and still care to raid are raiding on live, sorry.
    classic is gonna be 99% private server nerds for about 2 months then they are gonna go back to pirating
    I don’t think the raiding component is the big draw for Classic. It is more about the people who think the community was better (which is hugely debatable, but let’s assume they are correct for this purpose). The thing is, it will primarily be people who raided that believe the community was so awesome and want to return to that. This is why I think people who raided successfully then will be a big draw.

Since they will probably release it a few months after BfA reaches its final patch lull, it would not surprise me to see a bunch of current raiders go there too as a way to kill some boredom, but they will likely just do the grind, kill the bosses and abandon that segment of the game forever.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2019-03-23 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Either get the XP bonus or the better stats.

The choice is yours.
    Incredibly dumb response there should be no negatives to something that people spend thousands of gold on.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    This is the nerd equivalent of the school jock who just wants to relive past glory instead of rising to the new challenges of a changing world.
    The only challenge with retail is spending enough time on the slot machine of a game Blizzard has created.

Classic has a very strong advantage over retail, that is things take a lot more time to complete. Yes the raid tiers & mechanics in classic are extremely easy but the overall time, character progression and experience throughout the WORLD (of warcraft) is much harder.

Retail wow turned into the Instances of Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    classic is only temporary nostalgia feeling that's it. Blizzard are doing this for quick cash grab and by like lol stupid people keep playing my shit. Thanks goodness i didn't pre order cuz i know blizzard's up to something's fucky and you can't expect them to exactly keep their words.
    Classic has a very strong advantage over retail, that is things take a lot more time to complete. Yes the raid tiers & mechanics in classic are extremely easy but the overall time, character progression and experience throughout the WORLD (of warcraft) is much harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    If you're expecting a mass exodus to classic away from retail, I'm 95% certain you'll be in for a disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

Except classic sucks, so please stop bringing up outside of the classic forum.

Infracted: Spam {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-03-26 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Who cares, you can just buy lvl 110 in retail and then hit 120 within 8-10 hours without heirlooms.
    Classic is coming out, that's where the community is going, heirlooms useless in classic.
    you spelled didnt exist, wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    30% xp over some shit azerite items? yes please! spending like 2-3 hours 110-120

I'm not sure that is how the mob scaling works. I think the way they are now they are more scaled towards your current ilvl, not your level. And it does not become different in how it feels till you hit about 300 ilvl iirc.

So, the heirloom gear with it's lower ilvl, should not be a problem during the leveling.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

I care because they cost a ton of money. It seems reasonable to expect an upgrade after spending tens of thousands of gold on heirloom gear upgrades.
    You paid a ton of money for an exp boost. You know exactly what you were buying. If you don't think they're of value after the fact, you could always pester a GM to refund your gold and roll back your characters.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used them on an alt and yeah, they absolutely do feel really fucking weak but it's a good thing that normal mode dungeons and islands aren't exactly bleeding edge content. Soloing you feel weak as piss about 117-118 but how long does that even last? I honestly only even quested on Horde side to unlock the stupid achievements and make a Zandalari. It is indeed shittier with heirlooms, true, but it's also wayyyyy fucking faster. If you're so concerned about it, just put the heirlooms back on when you turn in the quests or some nonsense like that if a few tigers and shit are too much for you to handle.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

you get a big XP boost,and heirloom or not you can faceroll the entire levelling process without ever getting close to death,I'd say it's a fair trade

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You paid a ton of money for an exp boost. You know exactly what you were buying.
    That does not make his feedback invalid.