10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Holy shit! The investigation cost $25 million?

They said they will get about that much from Manafort, but they have to sell off his stuff to get it. How much you want to be the government gets pennies on the dollar for his properties?

The government always screws things up.
    Trump has cost the taxpayers $93 million just so he can play golf. This investigation provided a large amount of bad people being caught, Trump or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This is manifestly false; people have known Trump was a dumpster fire of a human being for decades .
    Sure. That's why I don't like him. But what does that have to do with what I said? The media loved him until he said he was becoming a Republican and started attacking Obama. They loved Trump when he was attacking Bush. I mean, you are right, he was just as corrupt then, and was a "dumpster fire" from way back, but the hate didn't start until he started attacking Obama, then didn't really intensify until he won the Republican primaries. They gave him $2+ billion in free advertising in the primaries.

And again, the main stream media said all the same nasty thing they say about Trump about McCain and Romney while those two were running for president. So it literally doesn't matter who the GOP nominates.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Please stop responding to Hubcap, you won't get anywhere. As he said himself in the Dark Humor thread:

There's no logic or thought to be found in his posts.
    not so much responding to but sorta pointing at his nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    not so much responding to but sorta pointing at his nonsense.
    You won't get through. It's literally impossible for you to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I've never been a Trump supporter. Soooo.... you just like making baseless accusations because you have no actual point?
    It’s funny how none of the people that vigorously defend Trump are never supporters.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Pretty much exactly what I said.

We can't rely on the USA's support. Trump is constantly threatening to withdraw from strategic alliances, he's engaging in economic attacks against allies through tariffs and the like, he's cozying up to dictators and enemies of his supposed allies and treating them more gently than those allies. If that standard can be set with Trump, who I see as merely dangerously incompetent, how much worse could it be with someone truly malicious? There are no checks or balances; if there were, we wouldn't still be discussing Trump in 2019.

The USA hasn't become our enemy. But they have also shown that they cannot be trusted as a friend, anymore, either.
    nobody gives a shit about Canada. sorry for you trump wasn't a traitor. we know you wanted it to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There’s even been a John Oliver segment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Please stop responding to Hubcap, you won't get anywhere. As he said himself in the Dark Humor thread:

There's no logic or thought to be found in his posts.

Infracted for trolling.
    That's actually a really mean thing to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    And again, the main stream media said all the same nasty thing they say about Trump about McCain and Romney while those two were running for president. So it literally doesn't matter who the GOP nominates.
    Yeah, no; the mainstream media did not in fact say the same things about either of the previous Republican candidates despite continual attempts to revise the historical narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Sure. That's why I don't like him. But what does that have to do with what I said? The media loved him until he said he was becoming a Republican and started attacking Obama. They loved Trump when he was attacking Bush. I mean, you are right, he was just as corrupt then, and was a "dumpster fire" from way back, but the hate didn't start until he started attacking Obama, then didn't really intensify until he won the Republican primaries. They gave him $2+ billion in free advertising in the primaries.

Are you ok with republicans wasting money on another investigation... After wasting 70 million on Hillary with no indicitments? Cause Lidsey Graham is about to waste taxpayer money. Every investigation into to Trump has made money for example.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

5+ Year Old Account
    How did we go from Mueller referring to Trump as Individual 1 to "exonerating" him? Hmmm.. it's almost as if Barr was hired by Trump and the GOP for one purpose... can't quite put my finger on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    How did we go from Mueller referring to Trump as Individual 1 to "exonerating" him? Hmmm.. it's almost as if Barr was hired by Trump and the GOP for one purpose... can't quite put my finger on it...
    I can't imagine Barr would straight up lie about the conclusions, nor that Mueller would allow that.

But there are a whole lot of questions that won't be answered until the report, or as much of it as possible, is released more broadly.

Nah the media has always hated Trump most new yorkers as well. They just use him cause he generates money. Nah the hates been there for a long time the guy has been doing really scummy shit for longest time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It’s funny how none of the people that vigorously defend Trump are never supporters.
    Shocker... BUT you can defend a person from attacks and NOT support that person politically. Weird huh?

It's just a super convenient crutch to attack someone as being a Trump supporter because you think that automatically nullifies anything the person says.

10+ Year Old Account

The media love Trump. They never stopped loving him and the eyeballs his fake billionaire shock-jock act brings. That's why they played along during the campaign, and most of them play along now.

If the media honestly were critical, or even objectively fair, he would have gotten far less airtime, and what there was would have been a never ending repetition of: fraud, sued, criminal, bankrupt, cheater, liar, and failure. But instead they stoked the outrage machine and continue to do so. (And to make money hand over fist.) Not just FOX and it's pro-Trump coverage, but the rest with their supposedly anti-Trump coverage that peaks again and again on the outrage of the day, but never carries fact-based criticism for long, if at all.
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I can't imagine Barr would straight up lie about the conclusions, nor that Mueller would allow that.

But there are a whole lot of questions that won't be answered until the report, or as much of it as possible, is released more broadly.
    I think a big, and relatively unreported, angle on what's going on is that Mueller realized early on that any indictments he filed could be pardoned by the President. So anything that cut too close was going to be rendered irrelevant, and without any second chance. And I think Mueller's too canny to let that happen.

I won't be shocked in any way to discover that Mueller had enough evidence for a likely conviction, and chose to not indict Trump or his family, because of the risk of pardons being issued; instead, he'd have handed that evidence off to the SDNY or some other State court, where the indictments cannot be pardoned by the President.

Just because you defend Trump doesn’t mean you support him.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    This is a fucking joke at this point. The shit poster who openly lies and derails threads is free to do that, but anyone that points it out, like Belize here is infracted. Maybe if the fucking mods would do their jobs here, posters would not have to constantly point out who is trolling, shit posting and derailing threads. Que my infraction while we have someone suggesting that only people who want to kill babies have a problem with Trump. It's time for a break from this site.
    Oh, but the Mods are doing their jobs. The only question is whether they get paid in Trump Steaks or Turnips.
    Impeach the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Shocker... BUT you can defend a person from attacks and NOT support that person politically. Weird huh?

It's just a super convenient crutch to attack someone as being a Trump supporter because you think that automatically nullifies anything the person says.
    Yawn.

I mean we can pretend this is the deal if you want to I guess.

The truth is, the people doing the most and the most vigorous defense of Trump is what is clearly being discussed....but you just invent whatever you want.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

Rage problem is all he does is defend trump with the most disingenuous bullshit. Hillary investigations were a waste of money and accomplished nothing but mueller makes 48 million. While finding corruption = bad deal some how. He literally using points like a waste of time while defending the investigation into clinton. Which is head scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Just because you defend Trump doesn’t mean you support him.
    Except there is nothing to defend him on here.