Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[SPECULATION] 9.0 information

This is a leak, feel free not to believe what I say but I have some confirmed details from a couple of sources regarding the end of Bfa and the expansion after that. I will delete this post if it gets too much attention.

First things first, 8.3 won't be about old gods or the shadowlands. I will be all about what will be know as the great "battle for azeroth", a big conflict between both factions resulting in a completely ruined Azeroth. Both Orgrimmar and Stormwind will be heavily bombarded, few quite important characters will die and so on.

The next expansion will take place 5 years after Bfa and will be about healing and building a new, peaceful Azeroth. The expansion will be called "World of Warcraft: Awakenings" (If Legion and bfa names weren't stupid enough) and it will be like a second Cataclysm but better. It is now the perfect opportunity for the story to introduce new characters and potential new villains. As for gameplay, Blizzard is willing to take some risks this time with a level squish and a very ambitious world reborn. As for other key features, there will be a new, and expected mail wearing class: "tinker" with 3 specs (tank, dps and a melee healer?) available for humans, dwarves, gnomes, goblins, belfs, orcs and a few allied races if I remember correctly.There will be some signficant class changes.

Only two new zones will be added this expansion and both are being designed around flying: "Dragon Isles" (old god and dragon themed landmass) and a new and huge version of Caverns of time called "Edge of time" ( a huge, quite vertical and maze-like landmass composed of some rocks floating in space, something really different ). The rest of the work will be on the old world with mostly new or revamped questlines. The goal for this revamp is to make Azeroth fell relevant to both new and capped characters. This will be done in many ways ranging from Interesting treasures, world quests to AI encounters, new faction system and all sorts of events. They are also looking in making character progression relevant. Many of the past expansions assets will also help a lot in rebuilding the world. The first raid tier will be about the infinite dragonflight.

Now, the level squish. All current characters levels will be squished to 60, with 70 being the definitive level cap. Heilrooms are being removed. From 1-70 you can level in the new Azeroth. At level 30,you will be sent to Edge of time if you decide to level in past expansions (At 30: tbc,wrath 40:cata, mop 50:wod, legion or bfa) and at level 65 you will chose to level in one of the 2 new zones. There will also be a Suramar-like experience somewhere deep in the past. Starter edition cap will be increased to 40 and Blizzard will advertise this as Wow becoming free to play, kinda.

Another crazy feature that is being worked on is a Battle Royale experience, available at a very low level with its own progression system and it will be non-canon, meaning that it is open for all sorts of crazy stuff and ideas. It will use the full potential of island expedition tech combined with other popular battle royale game features.

This is all i know, Blizzard is willing to go crazy next expansion but the most important thing is that Classic wow will come out and they will have that if something goes wrong and the release date for it will be announced in a couple of weeks. 9.0 will be announced at Blizzcon as usual.

I know this is fake because it implies that Blizzard learns from its mistakes.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

"Leaks" coming early this year.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another crazy feature that is being worked on is a Battle Royale experience,
    LMFAO. Nice bait

Although I almost believe blizzard would try to show up to the battle royal game 2 years too late. They did it with HOTS and they can do it again
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oneuse View Post
    /snip
    oh hello Mr Trolly McTrollFace! I do love "leaks" from accounts with 1 post. Makes me feel good about myself because I come to the realisation that I am not a complete wanker.

Please prevent new accounts from creating threads already...

"World of Warcraft: Awakenings" , hmm could anyone check for trademark/copyright for the name ? Would shed some light . The whole level squish might upset some players if it affects soloing old content.
    Last edited by tripleh; 2019-03-26 at 03:19 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    While remaining skeptic, I must say I've always loved the idea of an expansion where you get to play in a revamped world. I love the main continents Kalimdor and EK and if there was an expansion in which we revisited them with new quests, new experiences and new characters to interact with from a low level onwards it'd totally bring back the pleasure of leveling! I, for one, would welcome an expansion in which a great part of the content can be experienced through the process of leveling and exploring!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    "World of Warcraft: Awakenings" , hmm could anyone check for trademark/copyright for the name ? Would shed some light .
    ...... you actually believe a leak from a one post account? really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I have brought this up in the site feedback section before but yeah they didn't reply favourably

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    No, but just checking to see if the name has been copyrighted/trademark could reveal if its true or not. They have to eventually get the name taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Warlords of Draenor was leaked by a one-post account. It's almost a tradition now for people to share their fake leaks from one-post MMO-Champion accounts.

I was wondering when the bullshit RP 9.0 'leaks' would start and i give props to OP cause you are the first.

If you are right then MMO champ will collectively suck your cock, If you are not right it wont matter cause soon we will get a deluge of this shitty RP fanfiction masquerading as 'leaks'

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    "Leaks" coming early this year.
    Only 1,5 year wait and then the reality will be something much less cool, I mean it can even be "wrath of the lich queen" with Sylvanas conquering the world and Murlocs as playable race, as long as it doesn't include ap grind v 3.0, nerfing my class again and implementing extremely vague no direction rng systems like island expeditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Warlords of Draenor was leaked by a one-post account.
    And probably everyone dismissed it thinking Blizzard won't stoop as low as to introduce time travel alternate universe mumbo jumbo. Unfortunately they did.

You know it's fake when it all sounds too good to be true. I also don't think I've seen actual leaks for previous expansions be so descriptive.

I do think some of this will happen, though; namely the level squish.

There will never be a Time Skip. This is just fantasy.

OP if this is legit, then who is the warchief of the horde after BFA? What happens to Sylvannas?

Gratz. Blizzard uses fake leak names for their own content (Eye of Azshara. Rise of Azshara. Tides of Vengeance)
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Please respond to the thread topic or not at all. Discussion of moderation is against the rules here. MMO-C has a history of tolerating leak threads that are plausible (even vaguely) because, well, you never know. No one has to believe anything in a leak thread but past history has shown some of the more accurate leak posts have been made by accounts with few posts. It's fair game to comment on what would be good and what isn't, what is plausible and what isn't. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-03-26 at 04:24 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow someone took some posts someone else made from the last 3 weeks and make a "leak". And mods wonder why the hell people don't want leak threads made by burner accounts.

They already dismissed the idea of a revamp next expansion so we know this is fake.

Moving on.