Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    Seeing the bigger picture is the key here. You could eradicate the entirety of the Muslim world and we'll still have problems. We'll still have vicious and hateful people who'll fight and kill each other. Hit the source, the system society operates by, currency, religion, culture and governments. Remove conflict and competition gradually over the next few centuries as we keep our society at the same level as our technology as it advances.

I lived in a ghetto shithole my whole life, I've been around violence, brutality and murder my whole life. I've seen it all. I still condemn tribalism vehemently anyway because I understand that it's useless and an outdated concept that worked in the past but not today. I understand that all these people are not at fault but society is at fault for influencing them.

We're only going to get there together as a species.
    Completely empty words. "Why doesn't everyone just stop fighting and sing kumbaya" is not insightful, it just ignores thousands of pieces of history, culture, geopolitics, and human nature above all.

Seeing the bigger picture is the key here. You could eradicate the entirety of the Muslim world and we'll still have problems. We'll still have vicious and hateful people who'll fight and kill each other. Hit the source, the system society operates by, currency, religion, culture and governments. Remove conflict and competition gradually over the next few centuries as we keep our society at the same level as our technology as it advances.

Petty conflicts like this is insignificant in the face of what we could achieve if we began to change society like the way I suggest we should. Start with this machine automation business, it's going to eventually put everybody out of a job, therefore no more wages. So, we introduce early stages of UBI sometime next decade and we begin to introduce simple programs in schools to begin the gradual shift of education from a career/job/status oriented one towards an erudite oriented one.

Halfway through the next century, we may have an entire society focused on their creative endeavors, innovating, creating and pushing the frontier of space exploration. We'd make more progress than we ever did in the entirety of the species' history in the next few hundreds years.

And as for the other countries that aren't on board or as developed? Their human work force won't even be able to compete with machines that perform ten times as well and as fast. They'll lose out and be forced to adapt to a new age.

There's your "plan", it's not a great one but it's necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

I lived in a ghetto shithole my whole life, I've been around violence, brutality and murder my whole life. I've seen it all. I still condemn tribalism vehemently anyway because I understand that it's useless and an outdated concept that worked in the past but not today. I understand that all these people are not at fault but society is at fault for influencing them.

We're only going to get there together as a species.

ISIS went to far, throwing gays off of four story buildings, taking non-Muslims as slaves and raping them. This is 2019, you can't do that shit.

The only way to deal with a mad dog is to put it down.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Completely empty words. "Why doesn't everyone just stop fighting and sing kumbaya" is not insightful, it just ignores thousands of pieces of history, culture, geopolitics, and human nature above all.
    They're only empty to you because nobody wants to do anything about it. Attack society and we can start making real progress. Passing bills, ordering airstrikes, protesting in the capital of cities or having political debates do absolutely nothing but add to the problem.

We have the power to do something about it, we can really do something that'll benefit all of us. You act like I have the power to suddenly magic all of this up, I'm bringing up suggestions and you're telling me that it's all pointless. It's easy, stop using the tools of society to solve your problems and you might find that your problems actually start going away.

They're only empty to you because nobody wants to do anything about it. Attack society and we can start making real progress. Passing bills, ordering airstrikes, protesting in the capital of cities or having political debates do absolutely nothing but add to the problem.

We have the power to do something about it, we can really do something that'll benefit all of us. You act like I have the power to suddenly magic all of this up, I'm bringing up suggestions and you're telling me that it's all pointless. It's easy, stop using the tools of society to solve your problems and you might find that your problems actually start going away.
    What does "attacking society" and "stop using the tools of society to solve your problems" mean? Anarcho-primitivism? Did they give you a computer in jail, Ted?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    ISIS went to far, throwing gays off of four story buildings, taking non-Muslims as slaves and raping them. This is 2019, you can't do that shit.

The only way to deal with a mad dog is to put it down.
    Sounds like a morality/ethics issue baked into tribalism. What does this solve exactly if we stop gays from being chucked off rooftops, the enslavement of non-Muslims and the rape of them? In the short-term, yeah, less people would suffer.

Long-term? Absolutely nothing. It's a vicious circle, it goes round and round again and nothing ever changes. I bet the English crusaders thought they were being innovative and creative when they went to kill all the Muslims invading their holy place. I bet they thought they'd never have to fight another war again after they were all dead and done.

All this does is adds more fuel to the fire.

- - - Updated - - -

What does "attacking society" and "stop using the tools of society to solve your problems" mean? Anarcho-primitivism? Did they give you a computer in jail, Ted?
    Attacking society means changing society at the core, remove currency, religion, culture and governments. Replace them with an erudite based core.

Stop using the tools of society to solve your problems means stop using laws, politics, imprisonment, war, debates and so on. Basically stop doing what we've been doing all this time to "stop" bad things from happening. You want a complete halt? Pull the plug, just stop the vicious circle and break it completely.

I've already explained how we can do that.

Attacking society means changing society at the core, remove currency, religion, culture and governments. Replace them with an erudite based core.

Stop using the tools of society to solve your problems means stop using laws, politics, imprisonment, war, debates and so on. Basically stop doing what we've been doing all this time to "stop" bad things from happening. You want a complete halt? Pull the plug, just stop the vicious circle and break it completely.

I've already explained how we can do that.
    You abhor violence so you want to get rid of every institution that stops people from being violent?

SAS?
    What the fuck? The british are in Syria?

You abhor violence so you want to get rid of every institution that stops people from being violent?
    It's not as simple as that, we don't just remove it and leave a void of chaos in its absence.

This is gradual.

We match up our society's mindset with the level of technology we have as it progresses. Over the next couple of centuries, this isn't going to happen in this lifetime or the next three. So for example, we have machine automation taking up all the jobs and eventually, we won't have jobs anymore and thus no income. This century is the perfect moment to introduce the first step, by introducing the early stages of UBI into the populace and introducing programs into schools to gradually shift the mindset of children from this and the next couple of generations towards a jobless future. Not only that but an erudite/creative outlook on life, we will have a new purpose and that is to learn, create, innovate and explore.

If anything, this job automation thing is actually the perfect "spark" we've all been waiting for to begin our journey towards a post-scarcity world. If we do this, it'll get rid of all the other problems by itself without us ever having to lift a finger. Just change the way people think by raising them differently and people will simply just not do those things anymore.

Of course, none of it is as simple as I explained, but it's a start. This "hero" that killed 30 people isn't the solution to our problems, it's quite literally the opposite.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    SAS?
    What the fuck? The british are in Syria?
    Been there for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    ISIS supporter reported to the FBI
    You had a full what, 20 sec to realize how stupid you are before hitting that post button...guess you needed longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    He did a public service. Kinda like the exterminator does when he places new traps in my stables.
    They wanted to die for their make belief god, and he oblidged at a automated 325 to 375 RPM.

Imo every isis member tends to look more appealing to me after a 40MM salvo to the face.

also 30 kills with what is basically an AOE, i bet he played a frostmage in vanilla.
    So who radicalized you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Isis are the adherents of a philosophy of tyranny and evil. They, and the idea that motivates them, should be fought in every possible way.

This man has done a service for the whole world, destroying filth.
    They are 30 people with 30 different life stories and hundreds of extended family members. All that you know is that at one point they were radicalized and did something incredibly stupid.

Did you ever seriously consider joining the military?
    "slayer of stupid incompetent and disappointing minions"

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    In hindsight we probly should have done.

Wouldn't keep having the Isreal v palatine pissing matches if it was all British.
    Motherfuckers seem to forget that Israel handed the surrounding enemy countries' asses to them AT THE SAME TIME a few decades ago. This conflict is basically Israel in the ring, blindfolded, one hand tied behind their back, with a 16oz glove on the other hand. They better learn some history quickly if they know what's good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post

So who radicalized you?
    Oh i dunno, watching my fellow countrymen get shot at a jewish museum, or blown up at the airport, or my neighbouring country having people gunned down in the tram, or my german friends who watched their people get mown over by a truck , or a van in the uk... you know all those little things add up.
    Combine that with the coke crime and gun / grenade crimes, the visa abuse etc.

So now every time i read about belgian isis combatants getting the death penalty in Iraq, or afew dozen of those dirty rats getting torn to pieces by a single soldier... it kinda puts a smile on my face.

Let's face it these are heinous little cowards, and the world is a better place without any of them in it.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2019-03-25 at 10:30 PM.

Get this man a parade and beer for all his family and friends, well earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Motherfuckers seem to forget that Israel handed the surrounding enemy countries' asses to them AT THE SAME TIME a few decades ago. This conflict is basically Israel in the ring, blindfolded, one hand tied behind their back, with a 16oz glove on the other hand. They better learn some history quickly if they know what's good for them.
    the one arm they do have free is nuclear though. the days where Palestine and the surrounding Arab nations could conceivable snuff out Israel are long gone. to be brutally honest Israel should just finish the job and take the lot and have done with it. we all know thats where it will eventually end up any way and it's a war that Isreal has been preparing for since the last ceasefire.

Did you ever seriously consider joining the military?
    No. I prefer to patch people up rather than blowing them up. To each his own, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Oh i dunno, watching my fellow countrymen get shot at a jewish museum, or blown up at the airport, or my neighbouring country having people gunned down in the tram, or my german friends who watched their people get mown over by a truck , or a van in the uk... you know all those little things add up.
    Combine that with the coke crime and gun / grenade crimes, the visa abuse etc.

So now every time i read about belgian isis combatants getting the death penalty in Iraq, or afew dozen of those dirty rats getting torn to pieces by a single soldier... it kinda puts a smile on my face.

Let's face it these are heinous little cowards, and the world is a better place without any of them in it.
    not to mention the grande concert in manchester.

what a mack, was his name Soap by chance?

i did seriously consider military service, but my mom hated the idea. and i was a mama's boy. i sometimes wonder if i would be alive today if i had joined (would have joined in 2006). sometimes i regret it because i feel like i thrive on a team, but then i don't because i've been allowed so much because of others that have served. so i stop thinking about myself and i think of my friends that served or are serving.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

This thread is a good example of how people would rather go for each others' throats than have peace. You guys can't even have a civil discussion without insulting each other so how is the world supposed to ever find peace? Maybe the military and ISIS aren't the real problem. Maybe it's just human nature to be shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    No, I'm saying there is nothing heroic about blowing up 30 people in their homeland. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
    It wasn't their homeland. Most of those left are foreign fighters who went there to indulge their rape, murder and paedophilic fantasies.