View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bercow just took Greg Hands and made him look a complete idiot there

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    They voted on adding the amendment, now they are voting on whether to pass the motion which includes the amendment that was passed. In theory it should be the same thing, but you never know with this lot.
    And now they're playing children's shouting matches again... they do realise they're standing right at the cliff's edge, don't they? They got exactly one shot left, if they fuck this up while discussing Bercow's comments I don't see how anyone can not blame MPs for this mess as much as May.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    May is telling a population who continuously has threatened violence on Remain MPs that they are the enemy of the people and she is on their side. I mean I can blame the MPs as well but after that speech May should disappear from politics and hope to god no one dies if Brexit is overturned after pointing her finger.
    Do controversial bullshit and see controversial bullshit happening. I mean, seriously, politicians in the UK, as much as I prefer none of them come to harm, are EVERY BIT as responsible for this mess as the people think. And as we say in Germany, put 'em all in a sack and start clubbing, you can't hit the wrong one.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual motion had a larger majority than the amendment, looks like the no's had two abstains.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeez, one of the Conservative rebels against the Government was Boris Johnson's brother. That I didn't see coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Jeez, one of the Conservative rebels against the Government was Boris Johnson's brother. That I didn't see coming.
    Jo Johnson has basically been the anti Boris in the commons since the whole brexit shit started, he resigned from government back in December because he wants a second vote on the matter. I wouldn't have been shocked if when the 3 tories joined TIG if he had thoughts about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The government loses again, and now we can get some votes to see what Parliament wants to happen next. Protip for dribbles; it won't be no-deal.

In fact I kind of hope they have no-deal on there where people can vote without concern about any other aspect of this whole shitshow. I would be surprised if they even broke 3 figures in favour of that.
    Why are you celebrating? Seen a remain unicorn? The government has already said it will ignore the indicative votes.

Glad we agree that the votes for no deal will be in the 3 figures/hundreds. Looking forward to it myself...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't he a known remainer?
    No one's 100% sure, he was a minister who resigned because he disliked the PM's deal, but so did the ERG.

This is probably the most damning statement he's made, will be interesting if his brother attempts to fill the void if May resigns.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The government has already said it will ignore the indicative votes.
    The government did nothing of the sort. The government said that it would not commit to enacting the result of the indicative vote before they are tabled.

In fact, the PM said that the government will not ignore the indicative votes. Lidington said that the Government respected the results of the previous votes on preventing "No Deal" and extending Brexit beyond 29 March and that the House can expect to not be ignored.

The government said the opposite of what you say it said. So you are lying.

Isn't he a known remainer?
    Yes, he is. Johnson's Christmas dinners must be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The government did nothing of the sort. The government said that it would not commit to enacting the result of the indicative vote before they are tabled.

In fact, the PM said that the government will not ignore the indicative votes. Lidington said that the Government respected the results of the previous votes on preventing "No Deal" and extending Brexit beyond 29 March and that the House can expect to not be ignored.

It's funny how he wants to set it up so he gets someone to blame later. So transparent, those Brexiteers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Imagine if Downing St was on the monopoly board Boris probably gets stuck with Whitehall and doesn't get anywhere until he quits in a rage and wants to be the banker.

It's funny how he wants to set it up so he gets someone to blame later. So transparent, those Brexiteers.
    Coated with teflon to ensure nothing sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They basically just don't invite Boris and get on with it. He's the odd one out. Everyone else there is a remainer.

Also I think this is loss number 42 for May

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They basically just don't invite Boris and get on with it. He's the odd one out. Everyone else there is a remainer.

Also I think this is loss number 42 for May
    And minister resignations 27, 28 and 29

7+ Year Old Account

Really? I mean really? Do I have to source everything?

Government could ignore indicative Brexit votes, says Liam Fox :- International trade secretary says real choice is still between Theresa May’s deal and no deal

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-says-liam-fox

Perhaps you were ill-informed, mistaken when you said I was lying. No apology necessary or expected.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Really? I mean really? Do I have to source everything?

Government could ignore indicative Brexit votes, says Liam Fox :- International trade secretary says real choice is still between Theresa May’s deal and no deal

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-says-liam-fox

Perhaps you were ill-informed, mistaken when you said I was lying. No apology necessary or expected.
    The rather more senior minister David Lidington (the de facto deputy PM) said this evening of previous votes in the House (he references "no to no-deal" and "extension of leave date"):

"Neither [vote] was legally binding - but in each case the government has honoured the wishes of the House. I hope that might provide a modicum of assurance that in this government we don't intend to be dismissive of what the House decides."

7+ Year Old Account
    The rather more senior minister David Lidington (the de facto deputy PM) said this evening of previous votes in the House (he references "no to no-deal" and "extension of leave date"):

"Neither [vote] was legally binding - but in each case the government has honoured the wishes of the House. I hope that might provide a modicum of assurance that in this government we don't intend to be dismissive of what the House decides."
    I raise you David Lidington and give you one Theresa May, who said this afternoon...

Theresa May told MPs this afternoon she could not guarantee that she would commit to implementing anything they voted for in an indicative process because they could involve an 'outcome that is un-negotiable with the EU'. She added: 'No government could give a blank cheque to commit to an outcome without knowing what it is. So I cannot commit the Government to delivering the outcome of any votes held by this House, but I do commit to engaging constructively with this process'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Commons.html

You can go higher? At best you have a sympathetic ear from headmistress May who will politely listen to her errant schoolboys, while ignoring every word they say.

No apology needed or expected, I was not lying, as surely you can see.

At this point she's PM in name only. She keeps losing in parliament, losing members of her own cabinet. We're basically without a PM since no one can control the house.

Guys it really is Strong and Stable. Certainly not a coalition of chaos!

That was the news of the day for me, personally. When we have a minister resign here, it's pretty much a crisis in itself. But these three, so nonchalant "Oh, I'm going to vote against her, so I might as well quit while I still can... fuck this shit, I'm out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The actual motion had a larger majority than the amendment, looks like the no's had two abstains.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you not seen what Johnson's sister Rachel has been up to as a pro-Remainer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a clear majority now for either a softer or hard brexit, since it is hard to keep up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    BoJo isn't a Brexiteer as such, he's a charlatan. His commitment to Brexit is based purely around a gambit to become PM rather than a long standing ideological grudge. His family are ambivalent about his naked ambition, personally I think he's worse than a Brexiteer.