10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    And that last point gets me annoyed even more. Even every Trumpian fuckbag in this thread argues from that same vague place of Yeah, maybe Trump did commit a crime, but it wasn't this one and you didn't catch him! Neener neener! Imagine being that okay with the corruption of your chosen team's chosen candidate. That's an unprecedented level of fuckery and nothing to be proud of. It's a mental god damn illness.
    I think that's what annoys me the most.

Like, I get supporting Republicans and Republican policies, but isn't there a goddamn point where one would say "now hold up, this is too far?" Why is civility, integrity and compromise suddenly a bad thing? Why did people suddenly become convinced that liberals "hate America" and "want to destroy us all?"

And why rally around a man who's been a known lying con man for since the 1980s?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post

Again, I don't think barr lied. I just think he used some pretty wide latitude with terms when he ethically shouldn't have.
    While i agree with your general point here, if someone intentionally twists language so that they can imply something that is false while saying something that is only technically true that's a lie. Its a lie of omission.

Again, I don't think barr lied. I just think he used some pretty wide latitude with terms when he ethically shouldn't have.
    he intentionally quoted only partial sentences from the report, and definitely is painting a narrative. I"m not saying he's lying about no collusion, there wasn't any. I personally thinks he's at the very least misleading and has not answered any of the most obvious questions that are just out there, lingering, unanswered. no bones throne, nothing. As Colbert said tonight, this is just like the terrible ending of LOST where there is just more questions unanswered we just want the answers, nothing more. But this isn't a tv show, we can get those answers, i want them, everyone should. and ASAP so we can put this to rest and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    So basically if/when the report is released to Congress, it'll be very similar to this forum, where people will argue semantics for days and both sides will declare victory?
    Again, if you're taking barr's letter at face value you don't understand what his views on even the possibility of the president committing obstruction (he doesn't believe a president can obstruct justice) or what "failed to establish" mean wrt standards of proof. If you want to say I'm arguing semantics, fine, but that's exactly what barr did: he played a semantics game to whitewash the report he was given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I think that's what annoys me the most.

Like, I get supporting Republicans and Republican policies, but isn't there a goddamn point where one would say "now hold up, this is too far?" Why is civility, integrity and compromise suddenly a bad thing? Why did people suddenly become convinced that liberals "hate America" and "want to destroy us all?"

And why rally around a man who's been a known lying con man for since the 1980s?
    The short answer to the first part -- because there is no current good Republican policies. Everything about them in the last 10 years has been about not allowing any Democratic policies to pass without fighting tooth and nail over it.

The answer to the second part -- because he makes Liberals mad at that goes right along with the first point. If you can't govern via policy just make the other side mad and make your followers happy.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    he intentionally quoted only partial sentences from the report, and definitely is painting a narrative. I"m not saying he's lying about no collusion, there wasn't any. I personally thinks he's at the very least misleading and has not answered any of the most obvious questions that are just out there, lingering, unanswered. no bones throne, nothing. As Colbert said tonight, this is just like the terrible ending of LOST where there is just more questions unanswered we just want the answers, nothing more. But this isn't a tv show, we can get those answers, i want them, everyone should. and ASAP so we can put this to rest and move on.
    Again, "failed to establish" does not mean there was no collusion. It means the status of the investigations into russian interference in the 2016 election at the time of the reports submission to barr didn't meet the standard of proof needed for an indictment. That's a clear difference from saying there wasn't any "collusion." The evidence mueller has could be "clear and convincing" and he still wouldn't be able to release it except through barr's willingness or a subpoena.

Edit: wow, meet not meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    While i agree with your general point here, if someone intentionally twists language so that they can imply something that is false while saying something that is only technically true that's a lie. Its a lie of omission.
    Lies of omission don't matter in the context of barr's letter. I strongly doubt he'd be in legal jeopardy for anything he wrote in the letter.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-03-26 at 05:38 AM.

Let me predict what the report will look like for the public

<------(Redacted)-----------> The <------------------>Trump <-------------------
    --------->Campaign<------------------------------------------>did<------>
    <---->not<------------------------------------->collude<--------------------------------------->
    <------------------------->with<------------------------------->Russia<-------------->
    <-------------------->

Again, "failed to establish" does not mean there was no collusion. It means the status of the investigations into russian interference in the 2016 election at the time of the reports submission to barr didn't meat the standard of proof needed for an indictment. That's a clear difference from saying there wasn't any "collusion." The evidence mueller has could be "clear and convincing" and he still wouldn't be able to release it except through barr's willingness or a subpoena.

Lies of omission don't matter in the context of barr's letter. I strongly doubt he'd be in legal jeopardy for anything he wrote in the letter.
    Well nadler and schiff have given him till april 2nd to give the report or they will subpeona and take it to the supreme court if need be. So if barr isn't misleading and has nothing to hide, he can as you say willingly hand it over by the 2nd.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to say....

LOL @ ALL YOU LEFTIST CONSPIRACY NUTS!!! CHUCK SHUMERm NACY PELOISI, MAXINE WATERS! LOL AT YOU!! HAHAHAHAHA

"OHHHH RUSSIA RUSSIA!! WE KNOW TEH RUSSIANS WERE INVOLVED!! COLLUSION!!!! TRUMP MAN BAD!! MULLER WILL GETTEM!!"

I've heard this for 2 years!! TWO FUCKING YEARS OF NON STOP LIES!!
    Well the you wanted answers and they're in...
    YOU WERE WRONG! YOU WERE WRONG IN 2016 AND NOW YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN. You're not looking for justice.... You're looking for POWER.. These Dems are the ones who are corrupted.

Say you're sorry and we can move on...

If you cant do that than you obviously dont want the truth... YOU ONLY WANT LIES...
    Trump keeps winning and winning and you cant handle it!
    Sorry just had to rant!
    But seriously... you all are really retarded

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Let me predict what the report will look like for the public

<------(Redacted)-----------> The <------------------>Trump <-------------------
    --------->Campaign<------------------------------------------>did<------>
    <---->not<------------------------------------->collude<--------------------------------------->
    <------------------------->with<------------------------------->Russia<-------------->
    <-------------------->
    MAYBE BARR IS A RUSSIAN!!! NO MUELLER IS! HMMMMM??? Lets get another special counsel!!! /s
    Last edited by buddhapunch09; 2019-03-26 at 05:54 AM.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    I just want to say....

LOL @ ALL YOU LEFTIST CONSPIRACY NUTS!!! CHUCK SHUMERm NACY PELOISI, MAXINE WATERS! LOL AT YOU!! HAHAHAHAHA

"OHHHH RUSSIA RUSSIA!! WE KNOW TEH RUSSIANS WERE INVOLVED!! COLLUSION!!!! TRUMP MAN BAD!! MULLER WILL GETTEM!!"

YOU WERE WRONG! YOU WERE WRONG IN 2016 AND NOW YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN. You're not looking for justice.... You're looking for POWER.. These Dems are the ones who are corrupted.

If you cant do that than you obviously dont want the truth... YOU ONLY WANT LIES...
    Sorry just had to rant!

- - - Updated - - -

MAYBE BARR IS A RUSSIAN!!! NO MUELLER IS! HMMMMM??? Lets get another special counsel!!! /s
    Do you want to add something of substance to the conversation? Or you going to continue being wrong?

I just want to say....

Sorry just had to rant!

- - - Updated - - -

First off it was a joke, i know this is the internet and but the sarcasm/joke wasn't that hard to see.

yes 2 years of waiting on the investigation, in which he know about the same as we did friday except for the fact the Mueller personally will not bring charges against Trump-thats it. In a document that is reportedly simply gigantic. But we also know this investigation not only payed for itself but 34 people had numerous charges brought against them, many of them already found guilty.

Furthermore "Trump man bad" is simple but accurate, he has literal zero redeeming factors. Economy? tax scam is a bust. draining the swamp? haha he's pouring toxic sludge and bathing in the swamp; how many people had to resign for general corruption?, then of course you have ridiculous levels of nepotism. We are the laughing stock of the international community, NK is running circles around Trump and China is having a field day expanding their influence and soft power. We can't forget of course his lying about EVERYTHING, I mean he even lied about how much golf he played in a single day.

Nothing Barr has said is of any substance, he already told everyone what team he plays for when he pushed for the Iran-contra pardons. He's basically the pinnacle of party over country. He allowed a Republican president go around congress to sell weapons to a dictatorship so he can fund right wing terrorist groups in South America go unpunished and now he is allowing a sitting president who conspired with a hostile foreign power to go unpunished. Literally nothing he says holds any value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Do you want to add something of substance to the conversation? Or you going to continue being wrong?
    LOL Yeah how about you stop listening and buying into this fake news! FACE IT MAN!! YOU GOT PLAYED!! YOU GOT PLAYED FOR 2 YEARS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
    AND YOU STILL BELIEVE IT!!!
    WAKE UP! lolol
    I literally cant argue or bring up facts to you... You're like one of those people who believes in the flat earth. I cant help you man! lol

The investigation was predicated on with the express purpose of finding direct evidence of Trump colluding with the Russians in the 2016 election. NO COLLUSION.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

LOL Yeah how about you stop listening and buying into this fake news! FACE IT MAN!! YOU GOT PLAYED!! YOU GOT PLAYED FOR 2 YEARS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
    WAKE UP! lolol
    I literally cant argue or bring up facts to you... You're like one of those people who believes in the flat earth. I cant help you man! lol

The investigation was predicated on with the express purpose of finding direct evidence of Trump colluding with the Russians in the 2016 election. NO COLLUSION.
    Sorry, I don't watch Fox News. And we haven't been played, I just know that Barr isn't the best person to be determining that Trump is cleared of wrong-doing, considering that dumb fuck got the Iran-Contra people pardoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    McConnell and the republicans also blocked a resolution to release the full report. So much for transparency
    Hmm...I wonder why they dont want it released. Must be because they are so innocent that any commoner reading it would be blinded by their benevolence. Yep, has to be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Brohan, that was just some post-irony.
    Nothing like some "what I meant was."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

WAKE UP! lolol

you haven't brought any facts of relevance just "TaKe THaT YOu dAmN LIbErALs!!!!!!!!!!" is about all your screeching.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Russian collusion conspiracy theorists are the flat Earthers of politics.
    While we have a president that still believes and practically solely pushed the conspiracy that the previous one wasn't born here and he was trying to bring about Sharia Law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    To be fair, I would agree to a point. They love the money Trump brings in via viewership. When you consider their reporters admit the Trump investigations are "nothing burgers" when off camera, it tells you they don't really care...at least some anyway. But that's about it. Either they hate Trump, or they are lying and being dramatic for ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what you are so upset about. Each side has conspiracies. Each side is hypocritical, being outraged that everyone doesn't believe the conspiracies against their opposition, while also outraged that everyone doesn't dismiss the conspiracy theories about their own side.

Sorry I made you upset. That wasn't my intention. Just showing the ridiculousness of being against the other side for doing the same thing your side is doing.
    Truemp not releasing his tax returns is not a conspiracy, the only people that want something hidden that bad are people guilty of something and old civilizations trying to hide powerful artifacts. I think we can guess which one Trump is doing. There is literally no reason to not release them and no reason to go to the supreme Court to do so.

But I guess common sense is also a fucking conspiracy.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Just for some perspective, even fox news is running pieces that say barr was whitewashing the report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    you haven't brought any facts of relevance just "TaKe THaT YOu dAmN LIbErALs!!!!!!!!!!" is about all your screeching.
    Because there wasnt any evidence at ALL!!
    We literally went off the dossier that was a he said she said thing.

Dems spent all this time and now they've lost the 2020 election... You can quote me on that!!!! No wonder they want to get rid of the electoral college lol.
    I PROMISE YOU. Trump has this in the bag. 2 terms because of this stupid investigation.

Just for some perspective, even fox news is running pieces that say barr was whitewashing the report.
    You know things are fucked up when even Fox News is going WTF.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD