Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Had an epiphany today.

"I just realized why i cant relate to people, i live in a mental space people are only willing to take vacations to"

I actually wrote that down in notepad to remind myself that what im doing is important, some people need to care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    "I just realized why i cant relate to people, i live in a mental space people are only willing to take vacations to"

I actually wrote that down in notepad to remind myself that what im doing is important, some people need to care.
    I think you are going to need to elaborate a little bit better, because so far now, it just sounds like you are pontificating. Why do people need to care? I am not saying they should or shouldn't.

Because people usually won't just because you feel you have something too say. The real question is do you?

I can't tell you the number of goofballs that have an epiphany after they watched a one hour documentary or some shit that "Changed their lives". That shit is exhausting.

Because despite your intentions and how NEW you think everything is, it typically is not, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to share your new found perspective.

But honestly life has to be tried and tested in order for it to mean anything, especially relating to others.

If your life is completely changed by a movie or documentary or single events. You either likely are deluding yourself, or whatever it is you believed before was so loose to begin with, the only real question is why did YOU believe or want to believe it in the first place.

It's like someone who gets out of prison who suddenly thinks they are a fucking sage or oracle of truth, because they spent 10 years learning shit most people figured out by never having to go to prison. Just saying

What is the perspective really.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I think you are going to need to elaborate a little bit better, because so far now, it just sounds like you are pontificating. Why do people need to care? I am not saying they should or shouldn't.

Because people usually won't just because you feel you have something too say. The real question is do you?

I can't tell you the number of goofballs that have an epiphany after they watched a one hour documentary or some shit that "Changed their lives". That shit is exhausting.

Because despite your intentions and how NEW you think everything is, it typically is not, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to share your new found perspective.

But honestly life has to be tried and tested in order for it to mean anything, especially relating to others.

If your life is completely changed by a movie or documentary or single events. You either likely are deluding yourself, or whatever it is you believed before was so loose to begin with, the only real question is why did YOU believe or want to believe it in the first place.

It's like someone who gets out of prison who suddenly thinks they are a fucking sage or oracle of truth, because they spent 10 years learning shit most people figured out by never having to go to prison. Just saying

What is the perspective really.
    The things i think about on a daily basis are things most people only give a brief thought to, then they go back to their daily lives where everything makes sense. I just wanted to write down why i cant relate to anyone, we are living two different existences.

10+ Year Old Account
    The things i think about on a daily basis are things only give a brief thought to, then they go back to their daily lives where everything makes sense. I just wanted to write down why i cant relate to anyone, we are living to different existences.
    I think most people do what you do, but most people realize out of frustration they are limited in what they can do, so they mostly do next to nothing. At least directly.

I think most people do what you do, but most people realize out of frustration they are limited in what they can do, so they mostly do next to nothing. At least directly.
    That's something i think about rather frequently, how am i supposed to make a difference if im speaking a different language?

The thing is, ive got nothing better to do lol. The best version of myself is this one, if more people thought this way some of the harder questions would have been answered already.

Be the best you, you can be. You dont have to compete with anyone, we all have our own special skill set.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's something i think about rather frequently, how am i supposed to make a difference if im speaking a different language?

The thing is, ive got nothing better to do lol. The best version of myself is this one, if more people thought this way some of the harder questions would have been answered already.

Be the best you, you can be. You dont have to compete with anyone, we all have our own special skill set.
    Well what is it you want to make a difference about specifically?

So edgy

Be the best you, go into your mental palace where other people can't go because you transcend time, space and science to reach the inner truths of the Being.

Dude ...
    You're you. Shocker, I know. Get over it.
    You are you. Not the secret offspring of Jesus x Tesla

Well what is it you want to make a difference about specifically?
    In a few words? We have lost sight of what is important on a global scale, the things we put importance on today are not a way forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a few words? We have lost sight of what is important on a global scale, the things we put importance on today are not a way forward.
    And what do you feel those important things are?

I knew who made this thread just by title alone. My only advice, get over yourself you aren't special.

And what do you feel those important things are?
    We are in a dark ages of sorts, in my best estimation.

Just because we can build skyscapers, iphones and alter dna does not mean we are on the right path. I have a near 100% confidence level that all of these things have been achieved at some point in distant history only to end in misery. Life repeats itself, we just need to find where all the information was lost along the way. We need to further study ancient civilizations and what was important to them and why, this is the only way we can fix our own.

Oh it's you again. Yes, you're "special".

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Oh it's you again. Yes, you're "special".
    I am just being the best me i can be. For some people that would merely mean being a crazy cat lady, or a football coach.

If people were more in tune with themselves, the world would be in a better place.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are in a dark ages of sorts, in my best estimation.

Just because we can build skyscapers, iphones and alter dna does not mean we are on the right path. I have a near 100% confidence level that all of these things have been achieved at some point in distant history only to end in misery. Life repeats itself, we just need to find where all the information was lost along the way. We need to further study ancient civilizations and what was important to them and why, this is the only way we can fix our own.
    Depends on what you think that path should be. If you mean spiritual enlightenment, then I would agree with you in part but disagree in other. I don't think technology hinders that, even if it can.

History does repeat itself, and so does insanity, specifically if the end result is undesired. However sometimes it isn't undesired. As for Misery, it depends what you mean, there is objective misery, then their is misery on a individual scale.

Unless that reaches a critical level meaning a sizable portion of people hard to say if it's a problem or what kind of problem it is, or even if it can or should be fixed.

As for ancient civilizations, if they knew anything, and many did, it would have survived to now, anything else they knew wasn't important enough to save them or in anyway be useful.

It's important to study history to learn from it, not to emulate it or obsess over conditions we haven't produced organically so any attempt to mimic is going to be artificial an not authentic.

I still fail to understand what you feel is specifically important. So far I get Technology is bad, Which i kind of agree because it's begun to out pace our humanity, and about the meaning of life which you haven't specifically said,and thrown to Ancient civilizations who might have the answers, which I would say they clearly did not.

Anything that happened then that is meant to survive now did, now is the only time that matters, this is it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, this thread again.

Dude, stop trying to intimate that you're a special brand of deep thinker that the rest of us should be aspiring towards. No offense but you pretty much come across as a crackpot with an unhealthy propensity for delusions of grandeur. Not because you dare to defy convention, but because the direction in which do defy convention is nuts.

You're not wrong that people in general are on the "wrong" path, it's just that your path is even crazier.

Depends on what you think that path should be. If you mean spiritual enlightenment, then I would agree with you in part but disagree in other. I don't think technology hinders that, even if it can.

History does repeat itself, and so does insanity, specifically if the end result is undesired. However sometimes it isn't undesired. As for Misery, it depends what you mean, there is objective misery, then their is misery on a individual scale.

Unless that reaches a critical level meaning a sizable portion of people hard to say if it's a problem or what kind of problem it is, or even if it can or should be fixed.

As for ancient civilizations, if they knew anything, and many did, it would have survived to now, anything else they knew wasn't important enough to save them or in anyway be useful.

It's important to study history to learn from it, not to emulate it or obsess over conditions we haven't produced organically so any attempt to mimic is going to be artificial an not authentic.

I still fail to understand what you feel is specifically important. So far I get Technology is bad, Which i kind of agree because it's begun to out pace our humanity, and about the meaning of life which you haven't specifically said,and thrown to Ancient civilizations who might have the answers, which I would say they clearly did not.

Anything that happened then that is meant to survive now did, now is the only time that matters, this is it.
    If i have to spell it out, humanity is missing a purpose...a guiding light. I feel strongly that ancient cultures knew more about the origins of our existence than the history books let on. I mention technology because that is merely a distraction for us now, if we had knowledge of a true creator as i feel the ancients did our path would have been much different. I dont know how far back we need to go to find this information but i have full confidence it is there, and most likely miles below the sea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Sigh, this thread again.

Dude, stop trying to intimate that you're a special brand of deep thinker that the rest of us should be aspiring towards. No offense but you pretty much come across as a crackpot with an unhealthy propensity for delusions of grandeur. Not because you dare to defy convention, but because the direction in which do defy convention is nuts.

You're not wrong that people in general are on the "wrong" path, it's just that your path is even crazier.
    Pray tell, how exactly am i crazier than billions of people staring at a 5" slab of glass and metal all day?

The things i think about on a daily basis are things most people only give a brief thought to, then they go back to their daily lives where everything makes sense. I just wanted to write down why i cant relate to anyone, we are living two different existences.
    Okay, buddy. I'm sure being a teenager has given you all sorts of reason to think that you're super special, but you ought to realize that actually talking about these insane delusions just makes you come off as super cringy. Bland observations with no substance meant only to sound deep are just a balloon waiting to be popped. Do yourself a favor, get off this train before you become too insufferable to have friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Okay, buddy. I'm sure being a teenager has given you all sorts of reason to think that you're super special, but you ought to realize that actually talking about these insane delusions just makes you come off as super cringy. Bland observations with no substance meant only to sound deep are just a balloon waiting to be popped. Do yourself a favor, get off this train before you become too insufferable to have friends.
    Well first off the substance is there, people simply like the idea of a randomly placed speck of dust in the universe than one that suggests a special place.

Second, im 37 and was super popular in school, just turns out im better at thought than i was with other people.

My reaction is dependent a bit on how old you are. No, I'm not asking. Don't say.

If you're under 20, then your general attitude here is archetypal of adolescence. Mentally, you distance yourself from the group in order to create your sense of independence. It usually is expressed as being superior, but there's also an underbelly of uncertainty. That explains the post to forums about your epiphany instead of just going about your day knowing that what you wrote in your notepad was true. Why post this? Did you hope to reconnect with the group and hear some encouragement? Honestly, I do encourage this. Step out, figure out who you are and what works for you, and then return to the group as an individual with contributions. I remember feeling this when I was younger. All is well.

If you're older than 20, I'm concerned. We aren't talking about normal brain development toward independence anymore. We're into the realm of superior, grandiose thinking that's associated with narcissistic personality disorder or worse. Just know that your whole "most people" comments are straight up strawmanning. You don't know what or how deeply people think. Don't pretend to.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)