Poll: United Horde Vs Alliance

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Horde United Horde Vs Alliance

Hi , I'm want to ask a question about the outcome of the war in BfA if The Horde was united and their goal was to make the Alliance bend the knee or to wipe it out ( yea yea i know for game play no faction will be wipe out). Why I make this post is because in the last two wars MoP and BfA the Horde never stood as one, always to have a rebellion inside of it when was the war against the Alliance.
    So united Horde against the Alliance in BfA, i do not think the Warchief matters as long the goal is to kneel or wipe the Alliance, do you think the Alliance will stand a chance or will be a more balance war ?

When you think about it, every war between Horde and Alliance it ended with Horde's self sabotage.

Unless it was retconned or I'm misremembering, I always thought Horde would win the Second War if not for Gul'dan's treachery. As for MoP and Bfa, I'm not so sure.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2019-03-26 at 05:20 PM.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    History repeats itself.

The bad written lore too.

Horde at least has a reasonable explanation to not show full might, while alliance is just power dumbed and shackled in the most stupid and ridiculous code of honor ever ('toxic' masculinity free).

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

We know how the story goes since it happened like 5 times before. The Horde with its evil leader steamrolls over another faction's city and burns it down (Teldrasil = Stormwind) then the other leaders come together and demolish the horde and the cycle repeats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    We know how the story goes since it happened like 5 times before. The Horde with its evil leader steamrolls over another faction's city and burns it down (Teldrasil = Stormwind) then the other leaders come together and demolish the horde and the cycle repeats.
    No, then the Horde gets sabotaged by someone from within the Horde and loses. :P

If we're assuming the Horde is united, are we similarly assuming the Alliance aren't amnesiac morons and get to use all at their disposal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Horde, sadly, will never be united. Every time we fight the Alliance we end up fighting each other instead. It’s boring and I’m sick of it.

Even if we were united we probably wouldn’t win. The Alliance has too many OP characters that they can use against us. Something Blizzard hasn’t bothered sorting out, creating a massive lore power gap. It’s pretty frustrating for both sides since the Alliance is shackled and the Horde feels like it’s getting handicap benefits instead of being able to fight fairly.

Current horde vs current Alliance would still have the horde lose even if they were united, Jaina has become OP, the Vindicar and now with a buffed Tyrande, Malfurion and Alleria which even in the hypotetical case they aren't near of the level of Jaina, those 3 are still more powerful than Baine, Saurfang or even Thalyssra. However the alliance lacks strategy which always comes back to bite back their ass so probably the outcome will be a long and bloody war with heavy casualties but the alliance win because they have many instant win buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If the alliance was actually united in comptly wiping out the horde they would win. The alliance has almost always had more fire power there just a bunch of bleeding hearts so they never go to extremes like the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure, i would say an united horde, but the Alliance never hit with their full might (Maybe trying to be "good") and having in mind that sometimes Blizzard decide not to use some things for the sake of it: Lightforged ship?

The Alliance are currently winning and the internal struggles within the Horde don't seem to be a major reason why (unless Saurfang would have been able to see through the Alliance plans in Dazar'Alor), so I think this one goes to them.

Horde would have won back in MoP, though. Garrosh was doing pretty well until he got revolution'd to the ground.

It is the very nature of the Horde to betray itself from within, from Doomhammer betraying Blackhand, to Gul'dan betraying Doomhammer. And then literally every other story line where Horde betrays itself for some reason. That is the only story line that Blizzard knows how to do with Horde.

The Alliance is Lawful Stupid and the Horde is Chaotic Stupid. If either one stopped being stupid they would stomp the other.

The horde has no chance at all, theoretically the Alliance has manpower, technological and magical advantage. Also, we have Velen (watch the movie: Edge of Tomorrow, to understand while he is an ultimate superweapon)

The only thing why horde still exists is that its needed for subscriptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise the Alliance would probably dismantle the Horde, they have a way too much firepower....if they didn't have a heart the horde would suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbushIntheDark View Post
    The Alliance is Lawful Stupid and the Horde is Chaotic Stupid. If either one stopped being stupid they would stomp the other.
    This perfectly sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Current horde vs current Alliance would still have the horde lose even if they were united, Jaina has become OP, the Vindicar and now with a buffed Tyrande, Malfurion and Alleria which even in the hypotetical case they aren't near of the level of Jaina, those 3 are still more powerful than Baine, Saurfang or even Thalyssra. However the alliance lacks strategy which always comes back to bite back their ass so probably the outcome will be a long and bloody war with heavy casualties but the alliance win because they have many instant win buttons
    Malfurion is much stronger than Jaina, lol

We saw the true power of the Horde in WC2.
    Once united we become very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But the Horde lost WC2. And most of its firepower was enslaved red dragons.
    The Horde didn't lose for lack of manpower. We lost for the same reason we always do - some jackass goes traitor. In this case, it was Orgrim separating his forces and Gul'dan bailing. Were even just the clans Gul'dan had with him been back with Orgrim, it's mentioned he would've won at Lordaeron.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And the Alliance had Alterac betray them and the elves pull back. Also as I said, the main firepower of the orcs and the only reason the Kul Tiran navy didn't end them was that they got Nefarian's help and got themselves a red dragon army. Really, pointing out the one thing that went wrong for one side has no merit if you don't point those that went wrong for the other side as well.
    It's different situations. Alterac was scared of the military power of the Horde, assuming it to be a united entity. By contrast, the Horde's schism happened because of internal factors. I'm not so much putting it as a dig at the Alliance, but that in WC2 the factions were at their closest in terms of having comparable power. The dragons were a big thing it's true, but then again so were the gryphon riders and the Horde were able to keep Khaz Modan on lock down and nearly take over Lordaeron without either their dragons or troll allies.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.