Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Finaly a good soundtrack the MK X trailer was terrible.
    Good soundtrack? U must be kidding

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Literally wanted one character and we get him. Definitely looking forward to the release of the game.
    Whilst I like Saibot, he sounds like Klaw from Inspector Gadget and It makes me feel weird about him.

I know that many of you are from Usa and your culture is infused by SJW political nonsense.

But these girls looked different back in MK9. Why is Scarlet short-haired -fully covered arabian woman?

5+ Year Old Account
    I played MK4, never played another version, but after watching this trailer I really wanted to try MK11 once

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    I know that many of you are from Usa and your culture is infused by SJW political nonsense.

But these girls looked different back in MK9. Why is Scarlet short-haired -fully covered arabian woman?
    2 possible reasons
    1. Ed Boon figures its ok to rip someones spine out of their throat as long as your boobies are covered...

2. They are trying really hard to get into Main Stream E-Sports *see street fighter espn controversy when twice now they were forced to change costumes* not realizing they never will with the level of violence

3.They want to try to make it look like they are fighting in actual fighting clothes and not lingerie......which I can kinda respect but eh

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post

Looks like a basic redesign so she’s not just another katanna look alike. It’s pretty much the same thing they have been doing from game to game like making reptile a actual lizard or Ermac a mummy. It’s unlikly they it has any thing to do with SJW’s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    2 possible reasons
    1. Ed Boon figures its ok to rip someones spine out of their throat as long as your boobies are covered...

2. They are trying really hard to get into Main Stream E-Sports *see street fighter espn controversy when twice now they were forced to change costumes* not realizing they never will with the level of violence

3.They want to try to make it look like they are fighting in actual fighting clothes and not lingerie......which I can kinda respect but eh
    My biggest guess is that it’s for story reasons. Having jade katanna Millena and skatlet all look like different colour pallets is pretty awful if you want to have them inloved in a story like Mortal Kombat. Skatlet was just a dlc/background character in 9 but now it looks like she’s a main liner in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Looks like a basic redesign so she’s not just another katanna look alike. It’s pretty much the same thing they have been doing from game to game like making reptile a actual lizard or Ermac a mummy. It’s unlikly they it has any thing to do with SJW’s

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest guess is that it’s for story reasons. Having jade katanna Millena and skatlet all look like different colour pallets is pretty awful if you want to have them inloved in a story like Mortal Kombat. Skatlet was just a dlc/background character in 9 but now it looks like she’s a main liner in the story.
    Watch her be the main jobber since Reptile is not in the game.

Who am I kidding, its going to be Kotal, dude got beaten in his own reveal trailer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Watch her be the main jobber since Reptile is not in the game.

Who am I kidding, its going to be Kotal, dude got beaten in his own reveal trailer.
    I expect her to be kotal’s replacement for D’vorah but I really wouldn’t be surprised if she betrays him the same way for shao khan

damn, it looks AWESOME.

that Kitana is FIRE.

Revenant Liu Kang vs Raiden hype!!!

I hope Liu doesn't get stomped by much weaker opponents.

although apparently Cassie beats the living shit out of him in the first chapter.

Surprised Jax is in, waste of a slot in my opinion when Geras kinda plays a bit like him and the fact you also have his daughter in the game with similar style.

Story reason I could totally buy too...I mean i got a buddy who refuses to play fighters simply because a few have clone fighters..like the 2 sets of Ninjas in Mortal Kombat....but I will say that X they seemed to have made a conscientious effort to make the females...dramatically less skimpy which is continuing in 11 which I don't see it as a bad thing but more an odd choice..even Mileena a character who Ed Boon loves to make into fan service was pretty damned covered up in 10...and she has the personality to be almost naked and be happy with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Story reason I could totally buy too...I mean i got a buddy who refuses to play fighters simply because a few have clone fighters..like the 2 sets of Ninjas in Mortal Kombat....but I will say that X they seemed to have made a conscientious effort to make the females...dramatically less skimpy which is continuing in 11 which I don't see it as a bad thing but more an odd choice..even Mileena a character who Ed Boon loves to make into fan service was pretty damned covered up in 10...and she has the personality to be almost naked and be happy with it.
    I don't think with they were really trying to de simpify mileena i think they were just trying to make her more distinct by giving here some outfits further from kitana,but maybe shes also trying to be taken seriously as an emperor. kitana does look less skimpy though but shes also a mind controlled zombie so i don't think that really counts. soyna blade is getting old so it kinda makes sense she covers up more.

cassie is wearing a skin suit in X though which i think still counts as "skimpy". but mostly it seems like the old characters have had actual in world progress in one way or another which would explain there in story custom changes.

but really i think my gross bug is pulling ahead in the skimp field.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think with they were really trying to de simpify mileena i think they were just trying to make her more distinct by giving here some outfits further from kitana,but maybe shes also trying to be taken seriously as an emperor. kitana does look less skimpy though but shes also a mind controlled zombie so i don't think that really counts. soyna blade is getting old so it kinda makes sense she covers up more.
    I guess, but in Mileena's case, I think the sexuality was part of her character a little bit. You're supposed to think "wow, she's hot" but then BAM. Off comes the mask, then you see her teeth, then she has these gross fatalities where she eats someone's face, inhales people and pukes out their bones, eats nails then spits them back out with machine gun force, etc. Some shock value there when she goes from hot stripper to that.

Granted, maybe the shock value isn't there as much for long-time players anymore (since we all know what she's hiding behind the mask by now), but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    Surprised Jax is in, waste of a slot in my opinion when Geras kinda plays a bit like him and the fact you also have his daughter in the game with similar style.
    I agree. I like Jax, but I think it should be one or the other and not both in the same game as playable characters when his daughter is involved. Same thing with the Cage family. Just make Cassie the only one playable, then give her a Sonya stance and a Johnny stance. Sonya and Johnny could still be non-playable story characters, but at least that way their fighting styles could still be in the game without burning 3 character slots.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-28 at 01:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I guess, but in Mileena's case, I think the sexuality was part of her character a little bit. You're supposed to think "wow, she's hot" but then BAM. Off comes the mask, then you see her teeth, then she has these gross fatalities where she eats someone's face, inhales people and pukes out their bones, swallows a bucket of nails then pukes them back out with machine gun force, etc. Some shock value there when she goes from hot stripper to that.

Granted, maybe the shock value isn't there as much for long-time players anymore (since we all know what she's hiding behind the mask by now), but still.
    Id say mileena still hit wow box for me but I've never been a fan of her base custom like in 9 its to plain for my taste. I also really loved what they did with her mouth in X so i'm probably a bit bias to her X look.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Id say mileena still hit wow box for me but I've never been a fan of her base custom like in 9 its to plain for my taste. I also really loved what they did with her mouth in X so i'm probably a bit bias to her X look.
    Her Deception/Armageddon look was my favorite, I think. Still very skimpy, but not as much so as it was in MK9 and not as plain looking. Those games were also where the female ninja types started getting closer to their own outfits instead of just color swaps of the same leotard outfits, so this one was a little more unique. Also I liked how the veil she wore was just barely transparent enough that you could sort of see her teeth through it.

Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-27 at 03:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Her Deception/Armageddon look was my favorite, I think. Still very skimpy, but not as much so as it was in MK9 and not as plain looking. Those games were also where the female ninja types started getting closer to their own outfits instead of just color swaps of the same leotard outfits, so this one was a little more unique. Also I liked how the veil she wore was just barely transparent enough that you could sort of see her teeth through it.

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads...ion_render.png
    That one is personally my favourite As well i was a bit miffed it wasn’t in X as it’s got so much more flavour then her her default from 9 of the classic one.

Liking Jade currently, great move set and combo's.

Jade is one of the best.

Liu Kang's dragon is coming back at last!!!

oh and that one inch punch fatality was LIT.

Kung Lao has some cool moves as well.

now, give me Kitana and Mileena.

I'm ready for some brutal Mortal Kombat, being playing Injustice 2 alot again recently

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    feels like Bone Deep Baraka is just mixing up back 2, back 3, and tackle on knockdown.

There's probably an answer to it, but nobody i've played on the beta knows it. I've had more rage quits than I can count.

- - - Updated - - -

His down back X is the best anti-air among the beta roster easily.