Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    It's me.

Rude.
    You need to see a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess i have to get some vpn now. To avoid this cenzorship and country blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    This legislation won't be applied to that level, ever. Can you imagine the sheer number of claims, counter claims etc that would arise. The reason this has been pushed so hard is actually the music industry. Platforms like youtube have safe harbours for the usage of music as it is currently free expression and so pay far less in royalties which spotify, apple etc do not have and pay more. This legislation is all about big cooperation's getting money out of other big cooperation's. The idea it's for the artist and content creater is bullshit propoganda but the idea it will mean suddenly you can't ever watch anything on youtube again is also bullshit propoganda.
    They can never manually check every single video uploaded to YouTube. They need to block EU uploads the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I guess i have to get some vpn now. To avoid this cenzorship and country blocking.
    Before EU takes one from China's book and makes VPNs illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    You need to see a doctor.
    For what? Handsomitis?

For what? Handsomitis?
    no your eyes are slight jaundiced. and your gums are fairly pale and you face should be more flush with a smile that wide.

do you smoke ?
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-03-26 at 07:09 PM.

no your eyes are slight jaundiced. and your gums are fairly pale and you face should be more flush with a smile that wide.
    I am feelings fine, but I will keep that in mind for my next check up. Thank you.

Who's the face in your dp? Did you pay them to use it?
    It's Charlie Kirk, not him, he's trolling you guys.

https://old.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHo...maga_adjacent/

I am feelings fine, but I will keep that in mind for my next check up. Thank you.
    do you smoke ? because that would explain the gums and cheeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    It's Charlie Kirk, not him, he's trolling you guys.

https://old.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHo...maga_adjacent/
    out of curiosity i checked, i was also not far off on his health issues as hes recently been to hospital for a blood clot.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is just the Directive, and we won't know if the resulting laws will require things like upload filters for... probably another two years. Doesn't stop the nutters from going on a crusade but then again does anything..?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    This is just the Directive, and we won't know if the resulting laws will require things like upload filters for... probably another two years. Doesn't stop the nutters from going on a crusade but then again does anything..?
    The laws don't spell "filter", but their requirements will need filters.

Directive means nothing tbh. States should but don't have to really push out legislation in that matter. It's not directly applying as law.

Whole intellectual property is a fallacy. You cannot posses what is infinitely replicable. Thoughts and ideas are not a subject to ownership.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathoren View Post
    Broadly put, makes all websites responsible for all content published there, including user content. Also there is now a new form of copyright whereby content owners can charge for merely linking their content, with possible fines for linking without the owner's consent. In order to implement and monitor this, a different section of the legislation calls for an EU-wide upload filter, monitoring and censoring all information being uploaded.

Welcome to the nightmare dystopia.
    How the hell are we supposed to share anything then? "Ah, here's a link to where you can legitimately purchase this great song I heard" A-BANNED!

I mean hell, how much copyrighted content have just I posted on this website over the years? Typically small clips of TV shows when discussing our favorites (which has lead me to discover several amazing TV shows which I have financially supported), and other such things. Is MMO-Champion going to be fined? Am I? Both?

EU is trash indeed. USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

10+ Year Old Account
    The effects of this won't be right away, and it is going to come down to how what each country decides to implement as part of the EUs directive. This is the EU giving every european country the power to be like china or russia with its internet control if they so wish.

This will open a door to show how each country thinks of its citizens freedoms online.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Vint Cerf, Tim Berners-Lee, Jimmy Wales, and Mitchell Baker, Brewster Kahle, Tim Wu, and over 70 other experts on the Internet, net neutrality, and other related topics strongly opposed it and tried to get it halted before it even got this far, but I guess they're all nutters too, hm?

The letter they signed

By requiring Internet platforms to perform automatic filtering all of the content that their users upload, Article 13 takes an unprecedented step towards the transformation of the Internet, from an open platform for sharing and innovation, into a tool for the automated surveillance and control of its users.
    We support the consideration of measures that would improve the ability for creators to receive fair remuneration for the use of their works online. But we cannot support Article 13, which would mandate Internet platforms to embed an automated infrastructure for monitoring and censorship deep into their networks. For the sake of the Internet’s future, we urge you to vote for the deletion of this proposal.

I'm not too happy because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    this is concerning to me. youtube is a rather stupidly run website and big companies tend to just blanket enforce rules to save money. that means european laws will affect other nations. i wonder what is going to happen to let's plays, abridged series, memes, etc. i'm all for protecting copyright when it's justified but i'm pretty sure this is just going to be abused by big companies to silence critics even more.
    in that case youtube is pretty much done for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post

Hopefully, it won't affect people in America. If you're in the EU, you'll just get a "not available in your country".
    it's almost like you didn't bother to read either the document or the last 4 pages of this thread.....who are we kidding of course you didn't hubcap. also it would be the other way around. also nice name change there.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-03-26 at 08:31 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Can't take the guy seriously when he pushes batshit far-right conspiracy lunacy; it calls into question his framing of everything else.

I'm not generally in favor of anything that's going to potentially fuck with fair use of copyrighted materials, but seriously, when you present this shit as some kind of political attack by "the left" against "the right", you're a frakkin' nutcase.
    This is really my problem too. And almost everyone I've challenged on the issue just vomits forth more garbage. I can see potential problems with the laws, but this sort of absurd fear-mongering by a bunch of whiny youtubers is just bullshit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Please explain to me how companies protecting their intellectual property is bad.

What gives you the right to steal other people's content?
    Did you just post your vacation pictures at the Eiffeltower on your blog? Ah well, that’s France’s intellectual property, here is your fine and take down notice. Have fun!

It’s not about people stealing art or songs or other intellectual properties. It’s about so much more, things that will affect everyone. We already have laws to protect intellectual property and copyright, this isn’t needed for that.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The laws don't spell "filter", but their requirements will need filters.
    It'll just be one way to draft it. In fact the current one nearly didn't make it through. There's already multiple filters existing in one way or another and all for different purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Vint Cerf, Tim Berners-Lee, Jimmy Wales, and Mitchell Baker, Brewster Kahle, Tim Wu, and over 70 other experts on the Internet, net neutrality, and other related topics strongly opposed it and tried to get it halted before it even got this far, but I guess they're all nutters too, hm?

The letter they signed
    I believe many of them are arguing from the reality that the internet and airwaves aren't their own elements in terms of copyrights, while many companies so far have gotten away with arguing that they are - All while at the same time running away with extended copyrights and muddling the concepts of fair-use and public domain. This only seeks to find a way to correct that, as it is currently chaos with no end in sight because fair-use has become meaningless online without rules to frame it in-between and also protect the little guys the same as the big ones - which has so far used their big wallets to threaten exhaustive litigation and denied settlements to keep a good thing running as long as possible.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-03-26 at 10:18 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.