Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That it's not released yet is the only/main argument you guys keep parroting.
    ye and its a pretty valid argument for a game with hundreds of million dollar budget, in development longer than any AAA game and yet they have so little to show. if the game is not even out, thats the biggest problem of them all lol

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That it's not released yet is the only/main argument you guys keep parroting.
    I'd say that is a pretty damn good argument against this game with the amount of money it has squandered to this point. I'd say some other arguments are:
    *It is still in early Alpha with not much to do and see after many years (Remember it was supposed to launch years ago as well).
    *It has had tons of feature creep, the scope of the game is all over the place now.
    *The team behind this game has posted multiple 'deadlines' and missed all of them.
    *There really is no end in sight as to when this massive game with a giant money sucking vortex will ever be complete.
    *There is a fully functional cash shop for a game that is not released.
    *They had to take money from outside investors so it is no longer just crowdfunded. (That to me is a huge red flag.)

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    This game has used more budget than any AAA game ever released so far, and have nothing to show for it besides some tech demos in an alpha
    you have obviously not played the current version of the game at all, in its own right its a fully functional game and there is many things you can do.

Lets compare this to GTA 5 for example which is costing in a similar price range, Star Citizen has half the staff and it took years to get to that point, this game is several times larger/complex than any other AAA game currently available, development of a game like this was always going to be longer than many games released currently.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Nope not one single person in this ENTIRE thread has made one single valid or cogent argument in criticism of this game. And you say those people have a problem. Lol.
    ok, so is that supposed to be an argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    This game has used more budget than any AAA game ever released so far, and have nothing to show for it besides some tech demos in an alpha
    that is factually incorrect and demonstrably so. why even lie so blatantly? this is the reason why there is no cogent argument coming from detractors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ... again, who's "you guys"? and where exactly is this “invalid criticism” that I’ve made?
    many, i am too lazy to go searching through your history, i am offering you the opportunity to make a cogent argument now. the choice is yours.
    You just keep putting everyone you disagree with into this silly made up group while labeling it as something convenient, then you just keep throwing the same over-generalized bullshit at it again, and again, hoping it finally sticks… it doesn’t.
    what are you even talking about? hoping it sticks? you deride the game and those who back it hence you are a detractor. what's so hard to understand about that. you may not like the group you are in, but that's entirely due to your own actions. don't blame me for the consequence of your choices.
    It's okay mate, no need to be sorry over it.

I’m sure that…. Oh…

Oh well, as you say, there are other ways to deal with it, asking you in the first place was just kind of silly to start with, thanks though.
    really don't care, the images are actually thumbnails you will notice that when you click on them you get the original resolution as, like i said, the source is 4k to 8k. /shrug.
    I'd say that is a pretty damn good argument against this game with the amount of money it has squandered to this point
    that's not a valid argument, that's just an opinion, not factual or even relevant. games are made by different publishers with different capital and infrastructure in place, there is no standard. hence you have no frame of reference. /sigh
    I'd say some other arguments are:
    *It is still in early Alpha with not much to do and see after many years (Remember it was supposed to launch years ago as well).
    opinion, not a valid argument. not to mention you know you are lying yet still feel comfortable enough to type out those lies.
    *It has had tons of feature creep, the scope of the game is all over the place now.
    yet again, opinion and not a valid argument. the scope of the game literally changed with the introduction of milestones (supported by the backers themselves). there has been no feature creep added since the end of the milestone campaign in 2013/2014 i forget. smh.
    *The team behind this game has posted multiple 'deadlines' and missed all of them.
    none of those where deadlines, they literally only had the year; no month, no date. not only that they also said, if you bothered to read the ToS, that any date is subject to change. then we get into the fact that ALL developers miss deadlines, you just get to see CIG's goal periods because of their open development. again, not a valid argument, especially when the main reason for crowd-funding in the first place was so they could literally take as long as was needed to get the game truly ready before release.
    *There really is no end in sight as to when this massive game with a giant money sucking vortex will ever be complete.
    when it's done ofc, how is this even an argument? smh.
    *There is a fully functional cash shop for a game that is not released.
    please tell me this is not how you argue about irl stuff? you are complaining about a game that relies on crowdfunding for it's development incentivising...more...funding to keep development going, funding which is 100% voluntary? not a valid argument, they literally even have mechanisms in place to mitigate any unintentional advantage. /sigh
    *They had to take money from outside investors so it is no longer just crowdfunded. (That to me is a huge red flag.)
    they have literally had investors from the beginning and how does getting an investment stop the game from being crowdfunded? you do realize that the investment is not even for the development of the games, right? it is strictly for the marketing of Squadron 42.

this tires me. these things are so easily debunked, yet these forced narratives are perpetuated ad nauseum in this thread. meh, it was my own fault for even engaging with you people. you make me sad for the future of humanity when this is the level of discourse and people are so wantonly disingenuous and revel in a staggering lack of critical thinking, misinformation and a weird fascination with contrarianism.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    this tires me. these things are so easily debunked, yet these forced narratives are perpetuated ad nauseum in this thread. meh, it was my own fault for even engaging with you people. you make me sad for the future of humanity when this is the level of discourse and people are so wantonly disingenuous and revel in a staggering lack of critical thinking, misinformation and a weird fascination with contrarianism.
    Oh brother, this is why it isn't worth responding to you further. You act like it was hard work to type out a few words in a forum post. Also, you do realize that people having 'opinions' in an argument is perfectly fine right? I mean hell one of the definitions of it is "an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one." No where does it say opinions are not allowed. Also, plenty of what I said was factual but because you claim it is debunked or wrong you suddenly think you win. That is why it is not worth arguing further. You are being dishonest intentionally so I will not waste my time further.

New Patch 3.5 should arrive next week (currently on private test servers). Besides the usual bugfixes the new major features include flight model revamp, female avatars, more indepth face customization, new full planet & city, 2 moons, new ship's, new weapons, new npc/questgiver.

To think that multiple engineers spent months of time developing something as inconsequential as a "DNA face customizer" is actually quite sickening to me as an engineer. Though I'm sure they had fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    To think that multiple engineers spent months of time developing something as inconsequential as a "DNA face customizer" is actually quite sickening to me as an engineer. Though I'm sure they had fun doing it.
    I mean they've proven that they have a pathological need to take some basic/irrelevant concepts and take ages in developing them countless times.

At this point it's just feature creep. I mean the games blown all of it's budget nearly and still in Alpha. And had to ask for outside investment to help itself. The game is in a dismal state right now if you can even call it a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean they've proven that they have a pathological need to take some basic/irrelevant concepts and take ages in developing them countless times.

At this point it's just feature creep. I mean the games blown all of it's budget nearly and still in Alpha. And had to ask for outside investment to help itself. The game is in a dismal state right now if you can even call it a game.
    Agree, I wonder when they're actually gonna call quits on it. Can we open a bet here? Bankruptcy, or just early release.

I mean, they'll probably release 2020 at earliest, with maybe a quarter of the game, and call it 'finished', only to sell content in patches later.

-New SC Patch adds 1 more planet.

But in all seriousness, this game could have been so much, and they had the resources and the back of hundreds of thousands.

To make an analogy, they wanted to build a house, and while the house still has no roof and is not fully completed, they decide to adjust the luminosity of the light bulb in the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Agree, I wonder when they're actually gonna call quits on it. Can we open a bet here? Bankruptcy, or just early release.

I mean, they'll probably release 2020 at earliest, with maybe a quarter of the game, and call it 'finished', only to sell content in patches later.

But in all seriousness, this game could have been so much, and they had the resources and the back of hundreds of thousands.

To make an analogy, they wanted to build a house, and while the house still has no roof and is not fully completed, they decide to adjust the luminosity of the light bulb in the oven.
    They aren't going to go bankrupt anytime soon, certainly not if they keep having 6mil+ months of selling jpgs during the holiday season. But it doesn't make me feel any better about it.

Now that's a "complain" I would never expected to see on mmochampion.

Yeah how dare dev's take the time and effort to build a character costumization feature on mmorpg.

Off all the shitposts hating on Star Citizen this is probably the dumbest one. Congrats I guess.

Definitely not going bankrupt when they are selling P2W ships as @Cracked said. Sadly people throwing money blindly at that are part of what is keeping the project afloat. And outside investment of course. Which says a lot when a crowdfunded project of $250 million had to get outside investment to help.

But yeah this game has absolutely no hope. There's nothing to look forward to and no sign of Beta or even anything close to release getting any closer this year or hell even next year.

People wonder what's wrong with the gaming industry and this is it. Crowdfunding or devs in general that take money and fail to deliver a product or deliver a mediocre one. People like CR aren't video game enthusiasts. They are just businessmen sadly.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-26 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post

Ogh can't wait to enjoy flying through that in my fully equipped IDris, on my VR Desktop with a 20GHZ Processor and Nvidia 9k. In 2029.

Ogh can't wait to enjoy flying through that in my fully equipped IDris, on my VR Desktop with a 20GHZ Processor and Nvidia 9k. In 2029.
    You'll have a blast for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Definitely not going bankrupt when they are selling P2W ships as @Cracked said. Sadly people throwing money blindly at that are part of what is keeping the project afloat. And outside investment of course. Which says a lot when a crowdfunded project of $250 million had to get outside investment to help.

But yeah this game has absolutely no hope. There's nothing to look forward to and no sign of Beta or even anything close to release getting any closer this year or hell even next year.

People wonder what's wrong with the gaming industry and this is it. Crowdfunding or devs in general that take money and fail to deliver a product or deliver a mediocre one. People like CR aren't video game enthusiasts. They are just businessmen sadly.
    why are you even here apart from bumping up your post count, you provide no valid input in any discussion about the game.

This game is much larger than any AAA game or any game currently out, so development time wise is more than reasonable, P2W is irrelevant as the game is one not focused on PvP and we dont know how ingame mechanics are going to work, its not as if having the biggest ship in the game will net you access to better paying missions, im also pretty sure if you play squadron 42 first your character will transfer over to the PU and by then you should have a decent combat ship to start off with.

If you even pay attention even a little bit you see clearly the progress of how the game is coming along with a playabel version of the game every step of the way, i would rather a game take longer to be completed and be much more of a game than what most games do these days.

SQ 42 is going to release first currently at around 40% and should be in alpha Q1 of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    why are you even here apart from bumping up your post count, you provide no valid input in any discussion about the game.

This game is much larger than any AAA game or any game currently out, so development time wise is more than reasonable, P2W is irrelevant as the game is one not focused on PvP and we dont know how ingame mechanics are going to work, its not as if having the biggest ship in the game will net you access to better paying missions, im also pretty sure if you play squadron 42 first your character will transfer over to the PU and by then you should have a decent combat ship to start off with.

If you even pay attention even a little bit you see clearly the progress of how the game is coming along with a playabel version of the game every step of the way, i would rather a game take longer to be completed and be much more of a game than what most games do these days.

SQ 42 is going to release first currently at around 40% and should be in alpha Q1 of next year.
    Ummmmm P2W is NOT irrelevant and you are freaking nuts if you think that. Not 'focused' on PvP. You don't freaking know what it will be focused on, the game has not released. You think there won't be roving kill squads out there to take down whales? Give me a break man.

Then you say you don't know how in game mechanics are going to work but then are quick to lay down what the bigger ship can't do.

Ummmmm P2W is NOT irrelevant and you are freaking nuts if you think that. Not 'focused' on PvP. You don't freaking know what it will be focused on, the game has not released. You think there won't be roving kill squads out there to take down whales? Give me a break man.

Then you say you don't know how in game mechanics are going to work but then are quick to lay down what the bigger ship can't do.
    The ships you buy are just a basic model, if you have even tried playing the game a larger ship has problems with smaller ships, and what would the point be in a group trying to destroy other players, wouldnt a real pirate want to steal that ship instead and make a much larger profit, there will be some major disadvantages to being a pirate we dont know about yet.

Also the space you can play with is massive, if you pay attention you should be able to notice a pirate early enough to run away. Bigger ships cost more to crew, operate, repair so your not going to always use that ship unless your going to get something out it.

The P2W is irrelevant as we dont know how the mechanics will work ingame, there is also going to be private servers introduced at some point, also whos to say a PvE only option wont be implemented, apart from the starter ships most other ships will be able to hold their own.

The P2W is irrelevant as we dont know how the mechanics will work ingame
    Isn't that an oddity in itself, that 6 1/2 years after the Kickstarter we still don't know how or what the mechanics are to counteract P2W?
    To be fair CIG have brought it on themselves and really it should be up to them to provide reasons why the game will not be P2W, the fact that they haven't clarified should act as a warning sign, if nothing else.

Personally I don't see how they can avoid it but I would like for them to prove everyone wrong.

...there is also going to be private servers introduced at some point, also whos to say a PvE only option wont be implemented, apart from the starter ships most other ships will be able to hold their own.
    Last word was that private servers would be coming after every other thing had been added to the game. Lando said it would be a long, long time after the game had been released so it's not really a valid alternative to the suspected P2W PvP server setup they will be launching with.

There used to be a planned PvE option via the PvP/PvE slider but that got scrapped from what I remember.

I can't prove it of course, but I suspect the $40M or w/e they got of venture funding was specifically earmarked to finish SQ42 and bring it to market. Would be the only way I could see investing that money now would make sense. They would get their money back and RSI would have another cash infusion from that to finish the MMO features.

Everyone still making sure to send there retirements to this project?