Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think the OP knows better but wants justification for their own bad deeds. Thats how these threads usually start.
    Lol, of coarse. We've all done it. I can't say I haven't. But it's the truth.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    There was drama? I thought it was just people using an obvious exploit and blizzard's obvious response.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    People these days think that if they just scream loud enough for long enough they can get out of any consequences.
    I doubt they can be heard over the slurping sound of corporate dick-sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by fwathplathar View Post
    How are you suffering? You just want to ruin other people's game you creepy little sadist. How they play the game is nothing to do with you.
    Because he won't be able to use the pot while it is disabled. He isn't the one ruining the game for others. UNder your hypothetical, it is the players who exploited who runied his fun because he won't be able to use the pot because of them. So, how they played absolutely would effect others if you got your way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Stupid ass streamers huh? I swear you guys who have such a hard on against popular players crack me up. I don’t get why you’re so salty against him. He also didn’t try to shift the blame. He admitted he fucked up. He flat out said when Blizzard called him before they banned him that he knew immediately he had goofed and he accepted it.

These people all deserved their bans, but Blizzard could have and should have stated that it’s obviously against the rules. That’s the point of them being on social media.

I also have to say it’s hilarious that apparently people who used this bug got to keep their characters. No rollbacks or anything. That’s just amazing. Shit I imagine that’s a fine trade off to them, get every character power leveled and then sit out for a week.
    Popular players, LOL. Those streamers bait you into following them by saying all the negative stuff they can even if they don't believe because the sheep will flock putting money in his pocket. They are nothing but manipulators.

if you report a bug and are met with no response it's logical to think the developer doesn't care about the bug. nobody should be claiming they were unsure if it was a bug or not, but that doesn't excuse blizzard's complete silence on it. taking 10 seconds to make a tweet that says "We are aware of the xp stacking potion bug, use it and you will be suspended" would have been a quick and easy way to stop it. sitting back and allowing players to form their own opinions on it was irresponsible on their part. i expect young gamers to be immature morons, i don't expect that from the developer, which is why they are more to blame here.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    if you report a bug and are met with no response it's logical to think the developer doesn't care about the bug. nobody should be claiming they were unsure if it was a bug or not, but that doesn't excuse blizzard's complete silence on it. taking 10 seconds to make a tweet that says "We are aware of the xp stacking potion bug, use it and you will be suspended" would have been a quick and easy way to stop it. sitting back and allowing players to form their own opinions on it was irresponsible on their part. i expect young gamers to be immature morons, i don't expect that from the developer, which is why they are more to blame here.
    There is a bug.
    People exploit the bug.
    This is against the ToS and therefore bannable.
    They get banned.
    Company is to blame because they didn't make a tweet.

hmmmmmmmm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    You can't get done saying everybody should have been sure it was a bug while saying that Blizzard also needs to respond. Just don't abuse bugs. Players are 100% to blame for exploiting a bug. Because they are the ones that choose to exploit it. You can't bring up immature morons while defending a group of people that are showing a lack of maturity for not owning up to their own choices.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What other potions in this game works the same way the XP pot did when it was bugged? I.e you were able to stack the way people were this time? In all of the existence of this game - when has that been possible?

What other "buffs", or items, were able to be stacked ONLY when you had several potions in your bag, non-stacked, but not if you had them stacked, in your bags?

I'm looking forward to another sound argument.
    There was an item from ICC actually, that is bought from a vendor after you kill Saurfang. It also stacked the same way this XP pot bug worked. I have no idea what the item did or was called, but it functioned the same way. So, this is something that happened in the game over 10 years ago at least, and one wonders how many other things work the same way that players haven't discovered yet. Yet another bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Stupid ass streamers huh? I swear you guys who have such a hard on against popular players crack me up. I don’t get why you’re so salty against him. He also didn’t try to shift the blame. He admitted he fucked up. He flat out said when Blizzard called him before they banned him that he knew immediately he had goofed and he accepted it.

These people all deserved their bans, but Blizzard could have and should have stated that it’s obviously against the rules. That’s the point of them being on social media.

I also have to say it’s hilarious that apparently people who used this bug got to keep their characters. No rollbacks or anything. That’s just amazing. Shit I imagine that’s a fine trade off to them, get every character power leveled and then sit out for a week.
    Streamers do nothing but complain about stuff all day because they don't like the game but they depend on it so they brain wash stupid people into thinking there is a problem with the game rather than quitting it and finding something they actually enjoy.
    Watch Preach's one hour whatever that is supposed to be. Right at the first 10 minutes he's like "Yea I admit I fcked up BUT HOLD THAT MIRROR UP TO BLIZZARD TOO". Blame shifting. He knows he can't lose his followers or he loses his money, so he shifts the blame to blizzard by feeding his already brain-washed herd how it is not his fault only.

If it's obviously against the rules, why do you need a tweet? It's obvious afterall.
    That's why I go on a knife-wielding rampage every saturday here, cuz the local police station didn't tweet at me saying I shouldn't.

I do agree with you on rollbacks. It's beyond bonkers they got to keep those characters. They should've been banned AND rolled back. Not given back the service medals tho. I have no idea why they didn't and I don't approve of it.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There was drama? I thought it was just people using an obvious exploit and blizzard's obvious response.
    You mean saying nothing about it for days and days while the potential bug wasn't being hotfixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    You mean saying nothing about it for days and days while the potential bug wasn't being hotfixed?
    You mean, it was being hotfixed you just don't know how hard it was for them to actually find the faulty code in such an ancient game?

They couldn't touch the basic main bag for more than a decade it was so hard for them.

Maybe don't do an obvious exploitation of a bug and you won't get banned next time.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    You mean, it was being hotfixed you just don't know how hard it was for them to actually find the faulty code in such an ancient game?

They couldn't touch the basic main bag for more than a decade it was so hard for them.

Maybe don't do an obvious exploitation of a bug and you won't get banned next time.
    I do not understand why so many people seem to be behaving like Blizzard's private police force.

The game had a bug in it, many took advantage. So what? They can do what they like with the game they paid for.

I don't see why it is the player's responsibility to fix the game.

I am not sure why you are blaming the players instead of Blizzard for creating a broken game.

Btw The bug can be fixed in two hours or less. I know because that's how fast this class of bug generally gets fixed which has happened repeatedly. It isn't in any way difficult for them to fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Streamers do nothing but complain about stuff all day because they don't like the game but they depend on it so they brain wash stupid people into thinking there is a problem with the game rather than quitting it and finding something they actually enjoy.
    There are a lot of streamers and they say a lot of things. Preach wasn't the worst offender with regard to negativity-those guys left months ago.

Ironically the streamers who are most loyal to Blizzard that got screwed by this. It was a very poor business decision to ban them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because he won't be able to use the pot while it is disabled. He isn't the one ruining the game for others. UNder your hypothetical, it is the players who exploited who runied his fun because he won't be able to use the pot because of them. So, how they played absolutely would effect others if you got your way.

- - - Updated - - -

Popular players, LOL. Those streamers bait you into following them by saying all the negative stuff they can even if they don't believe because the sheep will flock putting money in his pocket. They are nothing but manipulators.
    Hi you must be new here. Preach like many popular streamers have been around for years. You just registered that forum account less than a year ago so I’m going to guess you’re a little bit new to WoW. Or you’ve been banned so you remade. But either way, your logic fails. Why would streamers be negative? How the fuck is turning players AWAY from the game you play good for you? That’s like If Kripparian started shitting on HS 24/7 and having some large brained guy say he’s only doing it because he wants more money. It makes no sense. You want people to keep playing and enjoying the game you play. Otherwise if that game dies you have no fans which means no money.

I mean really wow. You’re saying he’s a manipulator rofl. He’s been around for fucking years. His views on the game constantly change. Like most people’s. If he started off as a streamer who does nothing but complain you might be on to something but as I said you’re a little new so you dont know any better.
    Last edited by Beet; 2019-03-27 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frayed tauren View Post
    I do not understand why so many people seem to be behaving like Blizzard's private police force.

The game had a bug in it, many took advantage. So what? They can do what they like with the game they paid for.

I don't see why it is the player's responsibility to fix the game.

I am not sure why you are blaming the players instead of Blizzard for creating a broken game.

Btw The bug can be fixed in two hours or less. I know because that's how fast this class of bug generally gets fixed which has happened repeatedly. It isn't in any way difficult for them to fix.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of streamers and they say a lot of things. Preach wasn't the worst offender with regard to negativity-those guys left months ago.

Ironically the streamers who are most loyal to Blizzard that got screwed by this. It was a very poor business decision to ban them.
    Taking advantage of it is fine if it were simply a single player experience. Then you should be free to alter or toy with the game as you wish. However this is an MMO where you are almost always directly relating to other players. Some gaining advantages by abusing a bug is a problem. You can blame Blizzard all you want but these things will pop up occasionally. Why it took so long to fix god knows but that doesn't give people the right to abused it regardless. Hell i remember the bans that happened because of a top guild exploiting the LK fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch Preach's one hour whatever that is supposed to be. Right at the first 10 minutes he's like "Yea I admit I fcked up BUT HOLD THAT MIRROR UP TO BLIZZARD TOO". Blame shifting. He knows he can't lose his followers or he loses his money, so he shifts the blame to blizzard by feeding his already brain-washed herd how it is not his fault only.

If it's obviously against the rules, why do you need a tweet? It's obvious afterall.
    That's why I go on a knife-wielding rampage every saturday here, cuz the local police station didn't tweet at me saying I shouldn't.

I do agree with you on rollbacks. It's beyond bonkers they got to keep those characters. They should've been banned AND rolled back. Not given back the service medals tho. I have no idea why they didn't and I don't approve of it.
    You’re so off base man. If it was all about money only why wouldn’t they just pretend they like the game? After all it gets them more money if WoW is considered popular and still amazing. It literally hurts their bottom dollar when they bitch so much about WoW that it turns fans off of it. The streamers have to be realistic otherwise they’ll get called shills.

And you said it when Preach admits he fucked up. He just didn’t think Blizzard would give a shit. He knew it wasn’t the right thing to do though. And look he was half right. Blizzard didn’t give enough of a shit to rollback so they all win in the end.

It’s obvious to me and you that it’s against the rules but there’s a lot of dummies that will see streamers and other players abusing it and think they’ll be fine if they do too. After all they had been warning Blizzard for days and nothing was said or done. That’s not how the Blizzard of old reacted. Shit even before they had social media they used to make big blue posts stating if something was being abused and that people would be punished for it. It wasn’t often that they did it, but it did happen. Like when that horde guild cheated to skip to Cthun after killing Skeram.

And your comparison is such a stretch it’s comical. Murder to using exp potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Taking advantage of it is fine if it were simply a single player experience. Then you should be free to alter or toy with the game as you wish. However this is an MMO where you are almost always directly relating to other players. Some gaining advantages by abusing a bug is a problem. You can blame Blizzard all you want but these things will pop up occasionally. Why it took so long to fix god knows but that doesn't give people the right to abused it regardless. Hell i remember the bans that happened because of a top guild exploiting the LK fight.
    This was essentially a single player experience. Unless you think retail wow leveling is something more than a solitary experience.

This impacted nobody else.

The LK fight is a good example of Blizzard's terrible exploit policy. The best guild in the world at the time was accused of exploitation. Blizzard banned them and then restored their LK world first. If even Blizzard can't even decide whether a ban is appropriate how the hell are players supposed to know?

After you individually separated each and every one of them in your bags cuz that's how the exploit worked?
    I'm not across the information about this exploit, but if this was the process to abuse this system, then the people who were caught have zero sympathy and zero excuses.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frayed tauren View Post
    I do not understand why so many people seem to be behaving like Blizzard's private police force. The game had a bug in it, many took advantage. So what? They can do what they like with the game they paid for. I don't see why it is the player's responsibility to fix the game. I am not sure why you are blaming the players instead of Blizzard for creating a broken game.
    Players literally can not do whatever they want. Have you even read the Terms of service and the end user license agreement? It isn't the players responsibility to fix the game. No one is blaming players for the bug existing. Players are 100% to blame for abuse the bug also known as exploiting.

You also have no proof or anything to say the bug can be fixed in two hours or less. What class of bug is this? How do you know exactly what was wrong to know how difficult it is? And it is certainly not poor business to ban streamers who encourage or exploit the game. Because they are breaking the rules. Blizzard doesn't like people that do that. It is never a poor business choice to take action against cheaters.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Players literally can not do whatever they want. Have you even read the Terms of service and the end user license agreement? It isn't the players responsibility to fix the game. No one is blaming players for the bug existing. Players are 100% to blame for abuse the bug also known as exploiting.

You also have no proof or anything to say the bug can be fixed in two hours or less. What class of bug is this? How do you know exactly what was wrong to know how difficult it is? And it is certainly not poor business to ban streamers who encourage or exploit the game. Because they are breaking the rules. Blizzard doesn't like people that do that. It is never a poor business choice to take action against cheaters.

*Sigh* A contract is only enforceable if it meets certain reasonable criteria. Companies can't trick people into becoming their slaves for example, doesn't matter if you get a signature or not.

In particular contracts have to have to clearly defined terms. The term "exploit" is not clearly defined. Blizzard would look stupid trying to argue that in court which is why they never do so even in the most serious cases. Having taken the cataclysm world first away and then returned it, after doing the exact same thing with the LK world first, no one could possibly rule in their favour however much of a corporate shill they were because they clearly make up the rules as they go along. So you can blather on about contracts all you like, it doesn't mean shit.

But well done for marginalizing the concept of individual freedom in favor of some kind of hellish rule by corporate dictate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You also have no proof or anything to say the bug can be fixed in two hours or less. What class of bug is this?
    It has been patiently explained numerous times in this thread already, if you don't know you shouldn't even be commenting on this issue.
    Last edited by frayed tauren; 2019-03-27 at 02:56 AM.

While players should have known better, Blizzard needs to start taking responsibility. Don't ban players because they cleverly used something in the game that you didn't intend to happen. Don't be so bad at fixing or correcting issues, and then you won't have so many people causing issues.