Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    It's called having a balanced opinion. Everything has good and bad things about them. Only focusing on the good while completely ignoring the bad is dishonest and is not going to help further the game in any way, and it's not gonna spark any discussion. It will only satisfy people like you who wants to have shaders over their eyes to confirm your own opinions. Making such videos would be completely pointless.
    Well he's in doghouse with Blizzard nowadays after his streaming exploit idiocy, so I bet he will be nice and fluffy for a time, trying to woo Blizzard into giving him good graces.

eula : advertising exploits is bannable

adverises an exploit
    gets banned
    pikachu face

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    It is not for you to decide. They have use for it, they kill shit faster and complete challenges easier. They not only find use for those items but they earned them.
    You should complete content because you get better at the game, not because you outgear it. It is a loser mentality and it is bad for the game.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-03-26 at 06:03 PM.

It is not for you to decide. They have use for it, they kill shit faster and complete challenges easier. They not only find use for those items but they earned them.
    no they didn't earn them. Heroic is 400 ilvl and normal is 385. anything above that requires luck which by definition isn't earning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    eula : advertising exploits is bannable

adverises an exploit
    gets banned
    pikachu face

are you so filled with irrational rage that you didn't bother to read even 5 more words, let alone the op or god forbid actually watching the video after seeing the name preach?

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    no they didn't earn them. Heroic is 400 ilvl and normal is 385. anything above that requires luck which by definition isn't earning.

- - - Updated - - -

are you so filled with irrational rage that you didn't bother to read even 5 more words, let alone the op or god forbid actually watching the video after seeing the name preach?
    my post was about people defending preach getting banned
    go and read the eula again

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Does it really do that?
    Yes. I can, from experience, confirm that it helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    You call it outgearing, Blizzard calls it soft nerf to content. Ion said in Q&A that titanforging exists so hardstuck trash can get better gear doing same content and move on.
    Should players who are "stuck" get to move on though? If you're doing a heroic raid, and get stuck on, say, the 5th boss... do you actually deserve to move past that point? Maybe you just aren't a heroic-level raider.

I think most things in this thread come back to entitlement. The game now is designed to make everyone feel entitled to everything. Everyone can kill every boss, can get every piece of loot (with varying, random item levels) and experience all content, regardless of their own skill level. That just goes against everything I believe about video games. I want to feel like everything I do, every skill I learn, every stride I make in competence, comes with a reward. I don't want to feel like my skill and effort is completely untethered to the content and rewards I get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If he can do that, it's maybe because things aren't as pretty as you'd like them to be. Don't worry, it happens a lot, you'll be ok /pat

Btw, congratulations for your underlined ad hominem. Now I know that you have no real arguments
    Things aren't as pretty as I'd like them to be, that's true. But he's focussing way too hard on the negative. I'm all for nuance, Preach isn't. Do direct me to the part where I'm using ad hominem arguments though.

- - - Updated - - -

It's called having a balanced opinion. Everything has good and bad things about them. Only focusing on the good while completely ignoring the bad is dishonest and is not going to help further the game in any way, and it's not gonna spark any discussion. It will only satisfy people like you who wants to have shaders over their eyes to confirm your own opinions. Making such videos would be completely pointless.
    Yeah, if he'd have a balanced opinion, I'd be totally fine with him, except he doesn't. Most of his video's are negative. I'm all for having a good discussion about the game, a balanced one. He's mostly sprouting his criticism as if he's the authority on the game and knows what we all want from the game. I don't think BfA is awesome, far from it, but it certainly isn't as bad as Preach paints it out to be. He's just feeding off of the negativity and making a buck out of it. That's why I don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Players who only do heroic dont need 410 gear and players who only do normal dont need 400 gear. Players get a lot of gear which they don't have any use for.
    And if a player who does heroic gets over 410 how does it affect the mythic player in any way outside of "muh epeen?"

Hint it doesn't. They are not forced outside of some ego maniac mythic raider. Hell they might never see that 410 player. Simply put who the hell cares about what others have?

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Things aren't as pretty as I'd like them to be, that's true. But he's focussing way too hard on the negative. I'm all for nuance, Preach isn't. Do direct me to the part where I'm using ad hominem arguments though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if he'd have a balanced opinion, I'd be totally fine with him, except he doesn't. Most of his video's are negative. I'm all for having a good discussion about the game, a balanced one. He's mostly sprouting his criticism as if he's the authority on the game and knows what we all want from the game. I don't think BfA is awesome, far from it, but it certainly isn't as bad as Preach paints it out to be. He's just feeding off of the negativity and making a buck out of it. That's why I don't like him.
    You don't exactly come off as someone who has watched very much of his content, but get your opinion of him from braindead MMO-champion threads like these. He STILL makes zero money from his youtube videos. He is NOT exclusively negative in any of his videos. If your impression is that he's overly negative, it's because BfA is such a shitshow it has almost no positives about it. Why would he not make videos of that then? He has made videos about the good stuff too, however little that might be, but you've probably not even cared to look for them. And when he's made videos of all 3 positive things about BfA, what else is there to make videos of?

He made a greater number of positive videos during Legion, probably because the game didn't suck as bad, but he still put out his fair share of videos focusing on negative aspects then too, because the game wasn't at all flawless. The game right now is in a bad state, and not describing and discussing them in detail is not going to help anyone, except those that don't want to hear such opinions, because their personal feelings get hurt when someone says something bad about a video game.

What he means to do with critical videos is to encite discussion. You've stated several times you don't agree with his opinions, but you've yet to actually confront any of his claims from the video in the OP, or any of his videos for that matter. Every single post you've made in this thread has been the same "I can't stand his negativity, he's only feeding off of the state of the game and his fellow haters to make a quick buck" trite. In fact, looking at your post history, almost every post you've made on the entire site since christmas boils down to "I detest negative opinions but I'm not gonna explain why they're wrong. I still like BfA, and if you don't like it, quit. Down with negative content creators and their easy money!" There was one post where you stated you liked warfronts, emissaries and casual pvp.

Can you even write down the things you specifically disagree with him in the video and explain in detail why, or are you just going to stick with that you don't like him or his opinions because they're negative?

You don't exactly come off as someone who has watched very much of his content, but get your opinion of him from braindead MMO-champion threads like these. He STILL makes zero money from his youtube videos. He is NOT exclusively negative in any of his videos.
    I don't agree with his recent negative videos but he's not a whiner. I couldn't give a toss about high-level raiding but he knows his stuff and is always interesting-elitists annoy me but he doesn't usually.

Truth is Preach is one of a few big wow youtubers who hasn't deserted wow. And they just banned him. Smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And if a player who does heroic gets over 410 how does it affect the mythic player in any way outside of "muh epeen?"

Hint it doesn't. They are not forced outside of some ego maniac mythic raider. Hell they might never see that 410 player. Simply put who the hell cares about what others have?
    It’s not about mythic raiders.

Beating content by extremely outgearing it is not good for the game.

It’s not about mythic raiders.

Beating content by extremely outgearing it is not good for the game.
    seems like 80% of mythic raiders are doin it wrong then because most of them depend entirely on gear to clear most of bosses in there

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like 80% of mythic raiders are doin it wrong then because most of them depend entirely on gear to clear most of bosses in there
    Mythic is designed based on 400-415 gear.

Heroic is designed based on 385-400 gear.

If you go into heroic with 410+ gear you might as well play LFR.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    You keep believing that. Mythic doesn't truly get outgeared until there are major nerfs - far beyond what we had so far (most of which is countered by Demo lock nerfs) - or until next tier power jump. The only boss that gets completely crushed while ignoring all mechanics is the first one. Jadefire is fairly lenient, too, but nowhere near to same extent. Other ones will still murder you if you mess up.

Tantrum still deals a ton of damage and will kill people if you time it incorrectly/lose the orbs/fail on interrupts on two mobs. One badly placed gold puddle (or lightning orb) can mean a wipe on Opulence. Conclave is a boss that actually punishes you for having too much dps with crazy overlaps. Bad door placement/fire handling/tanks swaps on Rasta = still wipe. Failing on bots/putting dot on the raid/slow dispel on bomb? Wipe. Blockade might let you skip one set of adds but not much else. And Jaina is still a monster that will require hundreds of wipes for first kill.

You should complete content because you get better at the game, not because you outgear it. It is a loser mentality and it is bad for the game.
    You get gear because game rewards you with it. I dont care about you opinion about how game should be played honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post

Bosses in raids are only one source of loot. And they did, they complete challenge imposed by the game and get rewarded with loot. Also, by the game.

Your personal opinion is irrelevant, same as mine.

You get gear because game rewards you with it. I dont care about you opinion about how game should be played honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Bosses in raids are only one source of loot. And they did, they complete challenge imposed by the game and get rewarded with loot. Also, by the game.

Your personal opinion is irrelevant, same as mine.
    Most of the posts on these forums are personal opinions. And it’s okay. You not caring about our personal opinions is also a personal opinion in itself. And it’s okay.

The game rewards you gear that’s a fact. The effort you have to put in to get the reward is up for debate. The size and relevance of the reward is up for debate.

I don’t believe rewarding an excessive amount of gear is a good for the game. The learning curve of e.g. heroic raids is neglected if people outgear the content before starting it.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-03-28 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    More importantly you had to do an activity similar to what you were currently doing in order to replace your gear, like replacing your raid gear with gear from the new raid. In BfA the most trivial content in the game gave you mythic Uldir quality gear OR BETTER.
    Yep and it's awesome finally i can play my way woot!

Most of the posts on these forums are personal opinions. And it’s okay. You not caring about our personal opinions is also a personal opinion in itself. And it’s okay.

The game rewards you gear that’s a fact. The effort you have to put in to get the reward is up for debate. The size and relevance of the reward is up for debate.

I don’t believe rewarding an excessive amount of gear is a good for the game. The learning curve of e.g. heroic raids is neglected if people outgear the content before starting it.
    Which is all well and good but the "people dont deserve it" part is what i was refering too.

We can argue about how simple or how easy is to find loot (i dont have problem with showering loot, but i dont care what other people got and how). It is separate topic for me

Which is all well and good but the "people dont deserve it" part is what i was refering too.

We can argue about how simple or how easy is to find loot (i dont have problem with showering loot, but i dont care what other people got and how). It is separate topic for me
    I think there should be a healthy relationship between effort and reward. Currently it is a little bit skewed in my opinion.