Captain Marvel. 10/10 loved it, can't wait to see more of her character. I loved that she was never the stereotypical "love interest". The soundtrack straight out of my childhood didn't hurt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse 8.5/10

Holy, shit. There is nothing I did not love about this movie. Except that if I didn't have epilepsy, now I might.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by KristenOne View Post
    Us Creepy doplegangers kill lots of people. It's fine, scares enough, few icky moments but a finale twist which you knew was coming from 3mins into the film let it down a touch. Never really becomes super tense and sometimes it felt comedic too far.
    Those first minutes did reveal things...and yes, you knew it was going to come back...

Us

8.5/10

"Who are you people?"

"We're Americans."

or

"Kiss my anus."
    "Hey, hey, hey. Language."
    "I said 'anus', it isn't a swear word."
    "I wish you would've used a swear word in this case."

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

US - 8/10
    It was pretty entertaining, but you have to shut your mind off because the movie creates a lot of questions that hurt the movie if you think about it too much.

Green Book 8 / 10

Shazam - 7/10

Quite a bit of humor that just didnt work for me. Seemed like there was something off with the directing when it came o Billy. Young Billy and Shazam Billy were very, very different as if they were completely different characters when they are supposed to be the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 9.5/10 - absolutely great movie with a wonderful balance of characters, overall plot, and animation.

Captain Marvel - 8.5/10 - Definitely worth the watch. Brie is merely okay, but everything else about the movie is very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Shazam - 7/10

Quite a bit of humor that just didnt work for me. Seemed like there was something off with the directing when it came o Billy. Young Billy and Shazam Billy were very, very different as if they were completely different characters when they are supposed to be the same.
    Shazam Billy isn't really supposed to be the same as young Billy. When using the powers he gains wisdom and knowledge beyond that of a normal person or a kid. Granted I have not seen the movie so maybe they don't explain anything that would indicate they would be at least somewhat different.

Avengers: Age of Ultron 2/10

Was browsing through my wifes movie collection when I found this movie. Not knowing much about comic book characters at all I assumed that this Ultron is a) the robot guy from the animated Superman show or b) That robot batman clone from the animated Batman show. Both shows that I enjoyed immensely as a kid. Anyway as it later turned out the robot from the Superman show is called Metallo and the robot from the Batman show doesn't have a name but was created by an entity named H.A.R.D.A.C.

Anyway I thought I was in for 2 hours of pure entertainment but realized right away that this crap isn't for me. I don't even know where to begin with the cringe.

The archer guy in the opening was beyond cringe. Same goes for the chick on the motorcycle or her performance or believability in general.
    One of the robots or the Iron Man suit reassuring the audience every 5 minutes that no civilian got harmed or was in harms way.
    The 'people of east south Chimponia deserve to live a life without fear" speech was pure embarrassment.
    10'000 mini Ultron robots being defeated with ease. That was quite the Star Wars déjà vu.
    Ultrons new body that ended up in the hands of the Avengers also looked unbelievably dumb.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-03-29 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Shazam Billy isn't really supposed to be the same as young Billy. When using the powers he gains wisdom and knowledge beyond that of a normal person or a kid. Granted I have not seen the movie so maybe they don't explain anything that would indicate they would be at least somewhat different.
    Well, he’s the same kid just in an adult body. I havent read a ton of Shazam but from what I’ve read, the wisdom of Solomon and all that never really makes him more mature or anything. He’s still the kid. Their personalities in the movie are just so different. In regards to his powers, its almost like the wisdom of Solomon and the courage of Achilles had the opposite effect that they were supposed to have. I dont want to spoil it so i dont want to get into specifics but it was a strange choice.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2019-03-29 at 08:10 PM.

The Beach Bum - 9/10

Huge Harmony Korine fan, knew what I was getting into. Was actually surprised to see how much of a celebration of life and joy it was. Not as amazing as Spring Breakers, and definitely has far less to say about society, but incredibly entertaining regardless.

Captain Marvel 5/10
    The movie was okay as far as Marvel movies, the side characters were the best part of the movie.
    But you wanna know what wasn't the best part of the movie? The protagonist. There's nothing likable about her and she's about as stone-faced as a statue.

Captain Marvel - 8/10

Some scenes are a bit boring but still, I enjoyed the movie.

Us.
    After watching what I still consider to be the best horror trailer ever made, I went into it expecting crafty storyline, cleverly hidden messages, and the proper pacing that would be in league with Get Out.

What I got was a piece of shit executed by a complete retard who got lucky with his first film. Fortunately for him, every plot hole and lazily forced "message" can be looked at as a "twist with a deeper meaning" to the average dipshit.

Way to destroy a brilliant premise, Peele. Still better than the majority of horror films, but that isn't saying much.

5/10
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2019-04-02 at 11:38 AM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Glass. 4/10

Till the end it was a solid 7/10 (maybe even higher considering James McAvoy's spectacular acting) but fuck that ending. It's the kind of ending I would have (and actually have in the past) written as an edgy teen/YA just wanting to give everyone who enjoyed my story the middle finger because that's cool.
    I rarely have seen a movie treat its main characters worse.
    Hoped for a post credit scene but nope.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-04-04 at 10:53 AM.

The Outlaw King 8/10 (a sequel to Braveheart, sort of)
    The Sisters Brothers 8/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Solo : A Star Wars Story - 5/10

Had a lot of action but still felt really boring. Donald Glover was a good cast for Lando but I just couldn't enjoy the rest of the cast. It just felt like I was watching someone LARP as Han Solo. Also Woody Harrelson just ruins my suspension of disbelief. He has literally no range as an actor.
    how could you not enjoy the mother of dragons !?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumblebee: C-

Way better than most of the other Transformer movies but it still suffered from bad acting and over the top characters. The sub plot also felt forced and plot armor for the main character was not credible.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2019-04-04 at 08:38 PM.

shazam 7/10
    was funny, loved zachery levi - the start was a bit slow and boring