Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    No, they don't.

Before Ion we had someone called Tom Chilton.

You probably are barely familiar with him, since he was extremely quiet and super behind the scenes and led to the xpac called wod, which is still worse than bfa no matter how many people spin wod to have been this fantasy world thats 100x better than bfa.

Ion did what no other could - brought us into a consistent release schedule, and also brought us legion.

Ion needs to stay.
    I remember when we had Ghostcrawler and he was blamed for all the problems with the game and everyone knew he was the reason mages were never nerfed because he played a mage than when he quit working at Blizzard it was released he played a Priest and the next person got the blame for everything and now people want Ghostcrawler back.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    So this is how people get that many posts; defending BFA.
    “Captured”

So this is how you come up with insults
    "lol you interact with the community alot"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    True. It's amazing how negative people are. Ion comes across as and honest fairly well spoken guy. The game obviously is not in a good state right now, but I don't think the Q&A's are that terrible. Ion has answered more than one hard hitting question before (for example, telling us about class design philosophy in an earlier Q&A). I really don't know what you people want answered.

That said, I'd love to see one with a few of the class devs answering questions, similar to how they did the story stuff.
    Funnily enough, I find Ion's statements extremely fabricated and unsincere. Whether he plays this charade of Q&A's of his own accord, or because he's forced by someone up the food chain... isn't too important in the grand picture. I don't know, he could be being 100% sincere for all we know, but there is something in his body language, in his face, in his general attitude makes him look like a liar. His all too known -and widely used- "lawyerspeak" doesn't help either.

That being said, 1) it's better to have these Q&A's, with all their flaws, than not having them, and 2) Ion, as arrogant and smug as he seems to be, is as dependant on his bosses as any other employee; he's been given a quite bad hand (less budget, rushed release, awful brand PR in general), and he does what he understands is best - best for his bosses in the first place. He wouldn't be getting a 7-figure paycheck otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    I agree.

Personally, I think Activision / Blizzard need to go on their hands and knees and beg every single person who was on the team back in TBC / WOTLK era to come back to the game because thats when WoW was at its peak. Those people could maybe bring it back up the hill.

Lore / Ion are just the equivalent of wetbread. Look at Ben Brode for an example of someone who brings the hype even when talking out of his behind. Ben Brode didn't say very many useful things but he actually made people happy by his excitement for the game.
    I respectfully disagree. Simply bringing back big names won't change anything if the company's corporate culture doesn't change first. Which is far more difficult than hunting the old lions, which is quite difficult in itself, I'd wager.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-03-28 at 04:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    i wish they'd answer harder questions instead of answering a 4th question about titan forging and RNG. i wanna hear about new stuff.
    Considering that a huge percentage of the posts on this forum are complaining about those two topics it's pretty obvious why they keep coming back to it.

No particular opinion about Lore, but i like Ion and apart from some issues\decisions, i think he's been great for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Same. Moved to FF14 which is a far superior game and has devs that listen, give a damn and aren't making a product for the shareholders.

Seriously go watch the recent Fan Festivals (FF14 fan events). So much energy and passion compared to recent Blizzcons.
    good thing you come here to continue to tell us about how much you hate the game.

have to do something to do during the gcd downtime i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    good thing you come here to continue to tell us about how much you hate the game.

have to do something to do during the gcd downtime i guess.
    Yeah i do love how everyone complains about the GCD in wow then praises FF14... like... wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That's what happens when you have to deal with asshats yelling at you 24/7 because they can't figure out how to stop playing a game they don't like.
    Eyyy, that's so true.

And dont matter who would take over, after 1 Q&A people would scream that the new ones need to be fired, always been like that and always will.

Some people bitch and demand that they are fired just becouse they dont give the answer people wanna hear and those will never be happy.

In the last Q&A They were just dodging questions plainly, and just prolonging the long ones to finish the time. There's no point in Q&A like this.

infracted.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

They don't look excited at all. Which doesn't feel good.

I liked reading Ghostcrawler's watercoolers back in the day and he generally seems like a very down to earth person, so I wonder if he would've done a better job at something like Q&A livestreams. Not that I particularly mind Ion, even if he does seem a bit lawyer-ish at times. Josh on the other hand comes across as if he's had all life sucked out of him. It's a shame since I actually enjoyed him on Tankspot back in the days.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

wow..most of the comments here are personal attacks, how is that related to the Q & A?

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

You guys will keep projecting whoever on whoever will be there. Won't change jack.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I am not saying they need to be fired. They need to be replaced for the Q&As. I feel the streams are just tarnished at this point and Blizz needs to assign a new face to freshen things up for 8.2. I see them and I think, "well, this is all about to be some garbage bullshit." Give me some charisma. Even they look like they want to die during it.

Maybe its just me.
    So, you'd rather be lied to by someone who makes the lies sound better?

Personally, I'd rather see Blizz invest in WoW again instead of trying to shortcut everything. Give us some fresh ideas and lots of new content...not reskins and difficulty sliders of limited content.

You can disagree with the vision, but Ion's reasoning is usually sound. I understand some people do not get the answers they like, because they would like a different direction for the game, but that would not change with 'fresh faces' for the Q&A. At least Ion answering means it does come straight from the horses mouth.
    They have become a bit too cynical about their audience though. I realize them sitting there and every time knowing that the forums will be "a shitshow, obviously" no matter what they say must be strenuous, but they can't reciprocate that part as people will feel they lost respect for the players.
    And finally they spend some time and cash on at least trying to improve the logistics with the new setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You guys will keep projecting whoever on whoever will be there. Won't change jack.
    Pretty much, Ion and Lore are yet another bunch of target dummies taking one for the team. I think he's fine with that, because it's a better option compared to putting random devs up for abuse and it is their job after all, Lore's by definition and Ion's pretty much too really.

Why I bet Ion/Lore will be canonized too as some sort of martyrs when they step down at some point, just like Ghostcrawler, Morhaime and so on are.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I would guess you don't like the direction of the game so of course you don't like the Q&A's. Personally I think Ion has been very honest about what they're looking to change and what they're not looking to change and I couldn't ask for more than that out of Q&A sessions. What I despise are sessions in which the host pretends to care about everyone's stupid suggestions and complaints. But hey, that's just me.
    I found him a breath of fresh air when he took over. He seems to be very honest about the direction of the game even if it pisses off some vocal groups. Agreed, I would rather someone who sticks to the plan and lets us know than some wishy washy guy trying to make everyone happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    They don't look excited at all. Which doesn't feel good.
    Ion and Lore never look excited. That's their faces. I bet if they were excitedwe'd be hard pressed to notice. Plus it's a fucking Q & A, not a big stage announcement.