Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spell Batching will be replicated in Classic

"For WoW Classic, we’re moving spell casts to a low-priority loop that will cause them to be processed at the frequency that best fits how the game actually played in version 1.12. Two mages will be able to Polymorph each other somewhat reliably, resulting in two sheep nervously pacing around at range. Two warriors will be able to Charge one another, and the end result will be both warriors standing stunned in each other’s original location."

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...classic/137118

This is some extreme authenticity I didn't expect them to bother with to be honest. Interesting that they go this far to retain the "feel" of the gameplay.

I have no problem with this. But I am surprised.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nice move, I really see they care about the project and listen at the feedback but people will still complain about something 'coz it ain't authentic enough.

In the end, can't wait for Classic to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post
    This is some extreme authenticity I didn't expect them to bother with to be honest. Interesting that they go this far to retain the "feel" of the gameplay.

Me neither, I love how they're backing up their words so far.

I also absolutely love how they're keeping us up to date and not in the dark when it comes to what they're working on, not to fire a shot at the live team but more content updates like this would be beneficial, it works wonders.

Love it! I'm still frustrated that they said it'll be released in "summer" which probably means August.. We can't wait that long..!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    "...Two warriors will be able to Charge one another, and the end result will be both warriors standing stunned in each other’s original location."

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...classic/137118
    Ah yes - I forgot about how this happened fairly frequently. Then came the change of camera if needed. Man so much has changed.
    Allarise - lfgdating.com.
    In it for the mount hunting.

I’m kinda surprised they bothered to put this in, but hey, more power to ‘em!
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

This is something that i never seen someone asking for. Still they went out of their way to provide it and to communicate that they will!
    In my opinion this is good marketing on top of providing a authentic classic experience to their audience!
    People stated that they want it classic, and devs are trying to deliver! It will even make more of the "retail" players to wanna try it out and compare this "old style" wow to the game they enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    This is something that i never seen someone asking for. Still they went out of their way to provide it and to communicate that they will!
    In my opinion this is good marketing on top of providing a authentic classic experience to their audience!
    People stated that they want it classic, and devs are trying to deliver! It will even make more of the "retail" players to wanna try it out and compare this "old style" wow to the game they enjoy!
    Well said. It's an excellent marketing strategy! Especially because as you've highlighted pretty much no one has asked for this but it really shows off they are looking at those small details that players will not have considered but will definitely miss should they not be part of the experience on Classic release.

It's posts like this that really give me faith in the Classic experience Blizzard is putting together.

Pleasantly surprised at Blizzards dedication on certain issues lately, not that I personally cared about this issue.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post

There were people complaining about it. Surely they read the forums. Apparently it was easy enough to implement, so why not? Actually they did not replicate it, they just made system which should work similarly.

- - - Updated - - -

This is something that i never seen someone asking for. Still they went out of their way to provide it and to communicate that they will!!
    I've seen quite a few very loud threads about it.

This is something that i never seen someone asking for.
    You may not have seen people ask for this specifically...but surely you must have seen some of the countless #nochanges threads.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I also didnt expect them to do this but it must be a pretty easy tweak for them technically/cost wise. Ill take it, i plan on playing a rogue again
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2019-03-28 at 09:30 PM.

The Classic Team is almost singlehandedly restoring my faith in Blizzard, now if only the retail team could be as good
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Man the news coming out of Classic shows me they are really putting effort in.. I am starting to get ALMOST impressed with these guys.

As long as Ion stays out of Classic... it's be amazing!

It's not something a lot of people even knew had changed tbh. I've been playing PServers for years but I didn't know it had changed on retail. There was an in depth thread on /r/classicwow and that's where I learnt about it. It got reposted on the WoW forums and maybe even here?

7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

Please, don't think that I'm criticizing or something like that, but... people really asked for it and already long ago. First threads were somewhere half a year before (if not earlier). I'm sure, that saw them.

But my reaction is generally similar to this+this.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-03-29 at 05:50 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

You really gotta wonder if these guys have gotten their hands on it and are just having fun doing what they like to do. They have decisions to make, but I get the feeling they are loving tackling technical issues. No real worry about design or creating fresh new content, it's just about rebuilding something. Something tells me it had been so long since many of them played it that once they got to messing with it that it grabbed them again.

i honestly had no idea this was removed in retail, but i havent done pvp since early wrath.