Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Any other non human mage ?

Blizzard have wrote a few great mages like Medivh, Khadgar and Jaina, but this is a privilige only for humans. There are other races with strong mage potential, like what nelf mages used to be. Azhara and Illidan were Heavy hitters comparable to the guardian power level Aegwynn, again a human.
    A draenei lives much longer Than other races so they could produce a few capable mages, yet We have seen No one since their arriving on Azeroth. And this is only alliance side. It was the Belfs who taught humans magic. Ok 90% of the races died thanks to the scourge, so only 2-4 truly great mages left including Kael’thas who was the last truly great magi of the belfs in lore since We have seen nothing from Rommath or the others that could be named as a feat.
    Blizz could have been introduced great mages with the Nightborne to the horde, but currently thallysra fails to match these expectations. Ellisand and her mates were Good ones, until We killed them all. Nightborne made Aluneth wonder about their city or whatever, and he thinks humans dont live long enough to become truly strong, yet so far We have seen nothing remarkable from them. The void elves showed More capacity in the warcampaign that most nborne or belf ever did. Its Not a problem, but it’s on alli side.
    On horde side We have No one with great potency. Pandaren could have been the answer for this since they exists since the nelfs but No.
    Please correct me if i’m wrong. Also sry for my bad english.

Yes Thats true. But for a change they could introduced a non human. I loved Khadgar, but its frustrating. Every exp is More or less based on the deeds of a mage(a human one).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would like them to give Rommath a chance to show off. He should be able to at least hold Jaina down on a duel.
    That would be awesome. Alliance got a lot of characters with magical powers, but on horde side its only Sylvanas and Talanji who has shown a few tricks and that lackluster, knowing what they would capable of. I’m sure Rommath is on Jaina lvl but the writers not interested in a strong horde

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if they ever create an expansion that doesn't prominently feature humans OR orcs.
    Just an entire (dark iron) dwarf / (highmountain) tauren themed expansion.
    Yes.
    That'd be sweet.
    I mean, it'd alienate a bunch of people who hold no affinity for these races, but still.
    Pretty sweet.

As for mages, there's the one Forsaken dude in the mage order hall, right?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Yepp but he is a human, a dead one but still. And its disturbing. The story would feel fresher if they could introduce New characters with power. Talanji was a pleasant surprise for me, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trikszter View Post
    Yepp but he is a human, a dead one but still. And its disturbing. The story would feel fresher if they could introduce New characters with power. Talanji was a pleasant surprise for me, to be honest.
    Can't help but feel that Talanji's powers are just an asspull and they will strech it as much as they want if the story needs it. I don't feel like her powers are justified or earned but maybe that's just because she's a brand new character. She's becoming (an ugly) Mary Sue.

I also think that it will be harder and harder to introduce a brand new character with great power.

But I love that we got Thalyssra. In my mind she's almost as powerful as Jaina. I absolutely prefer her over Talanji.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-03-29 at 09:05 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Can't help but feel that Talanji's powers are just an asspull and they will strech it as much as they want if the story needs it. I don't feel like her powers are justified or earned but maybe that's just because she's a brand new character. She's becoming (an ugly) Mary Sue.

I also think that it will be harder and harder to introduce a brand new character with great power.

But I love that we got Thalyssra. In my mind she's almost as powerful as Jaina. I absolutely prefer her over Talanji.
    Talanji powers comes from the loa, like many trolls they are powerful if they have a strong conexion with then and the zandalaris are the priest of the troll civilization which makes sensed in context and what we see in lore.

Jaina got a huge power boost despite of being defeated easily by Arthas
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Aren't we forgetting the eminent Millhouse Manastorm?
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    Aren't we forgetting the eminent Millhouse Manastorm?
    No, we are only trying to forget him. Obviously not enough effort to erase him from our memories.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas needs to come back somehow and lead the elves once again. These " magnificent high born sassy" elves are being useless irrelevant day players at best with a boring nobody of a leader as Lor'themar. Kael'thas has style, is pompous, has a phoenix, and a personality. Bring him back asap and I could consider playing Horde.

On topic:

Blood elves: Aethas Sunreaver, Magister Rommath
    Draenei: Archmage Tameera or sth, was a mage in Argus, kinda irrelevant
    Nightborne: Thalyssra and Valtrois, slowly fading.
    Night elf: Ugh, can't find a relevant night elf mage, kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post

Same here, but they basicly abandoned Thallysra for Talanji, while We seen only a fraction of her true capabalities. Ohh the unused potential. Talanji’s power comes from rezan, beonsamdi and the other loa mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Kael'thas needs to come back somehow and lead the elves once again. These " magnificent high born sassy" elves are being useless irrelevant day players at best with a boring nobody of a leader as Lor'themar. Kael'thas has style, is pompous, has a phoenix, and a personality. Bring him back asap and I could consider playing Horde.

On topic:

Blood elves: Aethas Sunreaver, Magister Rommath
    Draenei: Archmage Tameera or sth, was a mage in Argus, kinda irrelevant
    Nightborne: Thalyssra and Valtrois, slowly fading.
    Night elf: Ugh, can't find a relevant night elf mage, kinda sad.
    Like they are going to bring back good character without it guzzling on human spunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would like them to give Rommath a chance to show off. He should be able to at least hold Jaina down on a duel.
    in recent times blizzard have 'nerfed' how powerful jaina is due to her rejoining the alliances ranks, but in lore terms she was stated after the passing of rhonin
    to be considered the most powerful mage left on azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Like they are going to bring back good character without it guzzling on human spunk.
    He might still be in love with Jaina. They can try to unite the elves with the Alliance, something Alleria is still trying in paper.

He might still be in love with Jaina. They can try to unite the elves with the Alliance, something Alleria is still trying in paper.
    What did I just say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What did I just say.
    But that's the only way to make elves relevant. Association with good old humans.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Goblin Akazamzarak is probably one of the most powerful mages in existence. He bypassed several ancient Kirin Tor wards when he created multiple direct portals that could bring a bunch of powerful spellcasters to Dalaran, and he did it in seconds without any help.

Aside from him, you got the whole Nightborne cast with their mages (especially Occuleth, he's mighty), Magister Umbric of the Void Elves, Millhouse Manastorm, etc.

But you do have a point. We could've used some spellcasters from other factions that aren't elves or the Kirin Tor. Those other factions usually have champions from classes that are more traditional instead.

But that's the only way to make elves relevant. Association with good old humans.
    Well at least isn't female elf with a human
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    in recent times blizzard have 'nerfed' how powerful jaina is due to her rejoining the alliances ranks, but in lore terms she was stated after the passing of rhonin
    She wasn't, not to mention Rhonin was never sold as strongest mage on the planet either.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    Jaina soloing entire city is "post-nerf".

Sssssuuuure.