Thread: Telaamon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    sure, there are many explanations. But my point is, that blizz can create the one they want. And ultimative the one that gives blademasters to the alliance as a hero class, so that both sides can have blademasters. Since Samuro is still missing from wow (not the singer, the blademaster), he could absolutely be the one who returns out of nowhere and starts to train (or return with a lot of horde) blademasters.
    I am not saying that this proves anything, not that blademasters will be a hero class, but it could become a possibility with this little change. Blizz has the option to pull this card IF they want to
    well, he's dead.

and so far, he seems to have been the only one, even in the army of light.

personally, i'd love to see proper models for half-orc/half-draenei and have them as part of the alliance or something, that could give the alliance blademasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He is entirely a tribute character to the Wheel of Time, both in his name and in the naming of his techniques, unless you find me a Burning Blade clan Blademaster saying "Two Talbuks Clashing Horns" and Dawn Rises" like he is using blademaster sword forms and "Feed the flame, combat the darkness" referencing the Flame and the Void of course.
    so just to clarify:
    does the Wheel of time character have mirror images? honest question, because i really dont know. And I would accept the fact, that they just wanted to add a reference character to Wheel of Time. But the question is, why did they name him Blademaster, even if the character in WoT is named Blademaster. Because it automaticly bridges the connection to the WoW Blademasters. They easily could have named him Swordmaster to stop this "confusion".
    And with giving him the same abilities and put him in the spotlight (they could have taken another character, maybe another Vindicator) its kinda like "look guys, the Draenei have the same Blademasters as the Orcs have".
    Sure, it can be just a reference to WoT. But thats kinda confusing and a big chunk new lore.
    Again, if they just put a reference into the game, why come so close with something else that already is established and colide with it? (being that Blademasters where orc units, even in the Horde > No Tauren Troll or Ogre Blademaster)
    And i am not saying it is just a coincident. I just think that is unlikely.
    Because now, we do have the confimation that other races, Draenei in particular, can become Blademasters. This character makes this canon.
    And I am not against that. I just find it curious.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

10+ Year Old Account
    sure, there are many explanations. But my point is, that blizz can create the one they want. And ultimative the one that gives blademasters to the alliance as a hero class, so that both sides can have blademasters. Since Samuro is still missing from wow (not the singer, the blademaster), he could absolutely be the one who returns out of nowhere and starts to train (or return with a lot of horde) blademasters.
    I am not saying that this proves anything, not that blademasters will be a hero class, but it could become a possibility with this little change. Blizz has the option to pull this card IF they want to
    You could have just leaded with this "I think the creation and existence of this NPC is gonna pave the way for playable Blademasters" idea instead of vagueposting "MMmm Curious!" about it. ;p
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Look if they wanted to tie him to Orc Blademasters, why not give him a banner and a polearm? And no, they don't have mirror images in WoT, the blademasters there are entirely non-magical. And again, the in game Telaamon is an Army of Light Draenei so he never met an orc in his life before player orcs came to Argus
    we don't know that he didn't.

like i said already, there are fel orcs in the legion(we see fel orc blademasters, jubei'thos) and the army of light somehow made it to alternate draenor at some point, because we find alleria's arrow in shadowmoon valley, and that's where they got their un-mutated elekks.

I don't get the confusion. Obvious reference character is a reference...

what did they need to brand his blade and dubbed him kinslayer?

ON the blademaster bit, acting like it's unique for ONE group to grab a melee weapon and train to mastery? Blademaster is like monk or warrior or rogue.... you grab your preferred weapon and skills and train them. The rest is just rule of cool and someone trying to copy pasta character abilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not just Telaamon, <Blademaster> Telaamon. I find this is very curious, that there is a Draenei Blademaster in WoW now. Of course this is kinda old news, since he was on Argus, and later on the Vindicaar. But I have seen no one really talk about a Draenei Blademaster. Now there are of course other NPC that use that title, but I think the Warcraft lore mostly used Blademasters in the ranks of the orcs. Samuro, the one from Warcraft 3 even has entered the Nexus, and was, as Samwise Didier said in an interview, the original first pick for a unit in Heroes of the Storm, but hes entry was delayed.
    So Blademaster are not forgotten (in Pandaria there was Ishi ( I think thats how he was named) who followed Garrosh while he hunted for the big Bell, there where also those blind Blademaster in Siege of Ogrimmar) but why is there now a Draenei Blademaster? It is not just a title, he is the real deal, he has the mirror images, you even have to kill in a quest.
    Just a coincident? Why bother to create this character? Why not just use another Vindicator? Would fit the narrative of the Draenei. They established that there are Blademasters, and now, they are on both sides, Horde and Alliance.
    Anyone else thought it was interesting, that they did that?
    Iknowright. I'm so curious to this day how the fudge Is he a Blademaster, I can imagine an Interesting story where as a young Draenei he was taught to be a Blademaster by the Burning Blades only to then realize he Is loyal to his people Instead, ran away from the orcs, murdering his way past their ranks and becoming the first and last Draenei Blademaster with an orcish sword that he re-forged In the light/draenei's image.

If only they just added that, I'd be happy. It takes a few sentances and literally 1 minute that I spent to make that shit up to make people happy about the Lore behind a character. And I'm a Roleplayer, have been for 14 years on WoW and It doesn't even have to take that to make up a basic story like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    its just a minor character that they got rid off quickly for a campaign quest.

i doubt the blademaster title has any sort of significance other than "look, he is good with swords!"
    What the fudge do you mean It has no significance, If you don't care about Lore what are you doing here? He clearly uses abilities similar to Burning Blade Blademasters, It's a specific line of traits and mannerisms to their clan and their orcs. Myself being a giant Orc and Grom Hellscream fanboy, I was curious how Is it a Draenei got to be a Blademaster with abilities like an Orc Blademaster.

Did he steal one of their swords that grants them such abilities and reforged It Into a more light-based draenei sword? Too bad Blizzard just does these things for "Cool" or "Reference" sake and nothing else. No real lore explenation, no cool speculations. It's just "Oh he's there to be cool/to be a reference" nothing else and that's a damn shame.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    What the fudge do you mean It has no significance, If you don't care about Lore what are you doing here? He clearly uses abilities similar to Burning Blade Blademasters, It's a specific line of traits and mannerisms to their clan and their orcs. Myself being a giant Orc and Grom Hellscream fanboy, I was curious how Is it a Draenei got to be a Blademaster with abilities like an Orc Blademaster.
    calm yourself down for gods sake.
    i meant that HIS title has no significance, not that the blademaster title in general has none.

Look if they wanted to tie him to Orc Blademasters, why not give him a banner and a polearm? And no, they don't have mirror images in WoT, the blademasters there are entirely non-magical. And again, the in game Telaamon is an Army of Light Draenei so he never met an orc in his life before player orcs came to Argus
    No, he did not meet an Orc Blademaster. There could be some interesting lore behind this. Yes, they also did not give him a banner. But maybe because there are not Banners of the Army of Light? He could have had an alliance banner for sure. Weird they did not use that. Polearm is another thing. There are Two Handes Swords in Hellfire Citadel wich are to me the real Blademaster weapons, but of course there is this famous Polearm Lantresor and i think it was Rend drop. An updated version of this would be awesome. I think they went with the Sword he uses because it is the draenei style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    You could have just leaded with this "I think the creation and existence of this NPC is gonna pave the way for playable Blademasters" idea instead of vagueposting "MMmm Curious!" about it. ;p
    you got me there. I really do love to be able to play a Blademaster hero class, (big surprise given my mmo champ stuff I show, i know) but still it is really interesting to me. But more interesting is, that no one seems to talk about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I don't get the confusion. Obvious reference character is a reference...

what did they need to brand his blade and dubbed him kinslayer?

ON the blademaster bit, acting like it's unique for ONE group to grab a melee weapon and train to mastery? Blademaster is like monk or warrior or rogue.... you grab your preferred weapon and skills and train them. The rest is just rule of cool and someone trying to copy pasta character abilities.
    But there are not Macemasters or Axemasters. Blademaster is not just someone who uses a blade masterfully. it is a special unit from wc3 that comes with special abilities and you can say code of conduct i guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Iknowrigh..."snip"
    I am glad i am not the only one thinking like that. I really would love to see blizz expand the lore around that character or that story why there is a Draenei Blademaster. And, since I have been caught. I really do want Blademasters as a playble class in wow. Was totally happy when Samwise Didier intrduces Samuro to HotS (caught it after a few seconds while he live drawed the character on stream) and was totally surprised about Telaamon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    calm yourself down for gods sake.
    i meant that HIS title has no significance, not that the blademaster title in general has none.
    well the thing is, I get that the WoT character is named Blademaster. But this character colides with the lore of wow. sure they can just say, he was the only one, there are no more Draenei Blademaster. Fair point. But this just opens up the possibility that there are Blademasters for both factions. Meaning there is a possible class in there. And the lore. Of course all the intersting lore if you like the Blademaster lore itself, like i do
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Every Class, even lore classes, are archetypal in nature and share skill sets for recognizability's sake rather than origination hegemony. Like how there are Scarlet Monks but they have no connection to Pandaren Monks, even if they share skill sets.
    Aaaaaaactually you may want to go read the dungeon journal for the scarlet cathedral rework in MOP.

Edit: Ah I'll just post it.

Brother Korloff first learned of the monk's deadly arts from pandaren ambassadors as they journeyed through Azeroth. When the crusader demonstrated this martial style to his superiors, they unanimously ordered Korloff to train an entire generation of initiates in the ways of the monk.

But there are not Macemasters or Axemasters. Blademaster is not just someone who uses a blade masterfully. it is a special unit from wc3 that comes with special abilities and you can say code of conduct i guess
    Well... actually.... we have some axemasters
    Oathsworn
    Frostborn

And then some variants of armsmen who specialized in various weaponry like the old school Arms specs for Pole/axe (eventually fused into poleaxe), and mace.

There are also spearmaster npc's

Honestly you're arguing that there can only be one instance of the term PERIOD because it was a hero unit in the RTS... so was brewmaster and look at the class that is universally added to every race except for the cata ones.

edit:

this is not anywhere on a level like Hakkar Houndmaster/Soulflayer. This is guys who are good with swords....

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Aaaaaaactually you may want to go read the dungeon journal for the scarlet cathedral rework in MOP.

Edit: Ah I'll just post it.

Brother Korloff first learned of the monk's deadly arts from pandaren ambassadors as they journeyed through Azeroth. When the crusader demonstrated this martial style to his superiors, they unanimously ordered Korloff to train an entire generation of initiates in the ways of the monk.
    Ah, my mistake! The point still stands, like with Auchenai Monks.

Just to point out... Scarlet Monks were a unit in the original Scarlet Monastery as well.

edit:

just saying they existed prior to the spread of monks training everyone in their martial ways. At least as I understand the only thing close to a 'monk' trainer prior to the Mists parting were wannabe rogue npc's like Master Kang.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-03-29 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Well... actually.... we have some axemasters
    Oathsworn
    Frostborn
    Ah, Cheers, I stand corrected. But I still hope there wont be any Macemasters, that just sounds wrong.

I know, that there are other Blademasters. I think the Klaxxi have some of them in their ranks, so i am not strickly arguing that there are only the Blademasters I talk about in wow. To me Telaamon, is a Blademaster as you could describe the unit in WC3 and the Blademasters I refer to (Ishi, Wanakada, Samuro, Mankrik) He uses the same ability and his style is close (could be coincident). He has no shoulders, but he lacks the flag, the beadnecklace and the free chest so thats to the style. Still, If Blizz just wanted to put a reference character into the game, why create such a confusion? Why not call him Swordmaster? Same thing. Why give him one of the signature moves of the Blademaster unit?
    Ulitmatively they created the possibility of Draenei Blademasters, the same as the unit in WC3. If that is on purpose or just a coincident is blizzards decision.
    (300)

Ulitmatively they created the possibility of Draenei Blademasters, the same as the unit in WC3. If that is on purpose or just a coincident is blizzards decision.
    Intern 1 made a refference character. Intern 2 saw "Blademaster" in the name and gave him blademaster abilities.

"Blademaster" probably meant that he was really, really good with swords & crap.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    "Blademaster" probably meant that he was really, really good with swords & crap.
    Yeah, but thats the point. We do have Blademasters in the game that have a specific kind of abilities and he uses him. Making not just someone who is pretty good at swordsmanship, but that makes him a real deal Blademaster as he was in the WC3 game.
    (300)

Yeah, but thats the point. We do have Blademasters in the game that have a specific kind of abilities and he uses him. Making not just someone who is pretty good at swordsmanship, but that makes him a real deal Blademaster as he was in the WC3 game.
    would be a good argument...

but warlocks aren't demonhunters despite a large number of them having metamorphosis.

Likewise, Teron Gorefiend IS a death knight... but not the type from WC3. also another thing to note is that Telaamon's abilities seem to be:

Righteous Blade
    Melee Range
    Instant
    Strikes the enemy with a divine blade, inflicting Holy damage.

Light's Radiance
    2 sec cast
    Channels the power of the Light to bombard all nearby enemies with Holy energy, inflicting Holy damage every 1 sec.

Blazing Divide

50 yd range
    Instant
    Deals 22 Holy damage to all targets in front of the caster.

Arc Blade
    8 yd range
    Instant
    3 sec cooldown
    Flips behind the target and inflicts 1 Physical damage.

Arc Blade
    100 yd range
    Instant
    Flips behind the target and inflicts 1 Physical damage.

Note that the blademaster as seen in HotS and WC3 had the abilities of Wind Walk (invisibility, +movement speed, bonus damage on first hit), critical strike (passive chance to deal bonus damage or eventually triggering bonus damage through repeat hits or on activation), Mirror Image and bladestorm.

I will note that while Telaamon does have mirror image units in the database it is not listed as one of his abilities. So he HAS a sword and is called blademaster... that's about where the similarities between him and Samuro style blademasters ends.

edit:

overall. using class names and features as a measure for teh lore is a bad idea because the writers don't bother with it either. Character classes are whatever smattering of whatever that fits that creator's fancy. That's why Thrall was a shaman in plate with a hammer that at times was 2h and at times 1h or why Anduin is a priest in plate.... not a paladin, a priest. Some death knights are really warlocks and use 2h maces to beat everything to death and so on.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-03-29 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I barely recognised the character, and now he's dead.

I feel so reluctant to get invested in new characters anymore.
    #boycottchina

He should have died in the Dazar' Alor Raid

Such a waste of potential.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I barely recognised the character, and now he's dead.

I feel so reluctant to get invested in new characters anymore.
    Yup, decent characters only get used by side quests or obscure plots and die off or disappear. Like Kiryn and Clutchpop.

OR they take them an kill them off screen. RIP Admiral Taylor.