10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It's the Dominion Takeover event... Basically you have marked areas where a boatload of dominion spawn. There are some guys with slightly different movesets with more armor and shields that have a higher chance of dropping loot. Clearing out one of the marked areas still gives you a chest. It's just not communicated very well.
    We spent two hours clearing out these marked areas... And no chest ever spawned, in any of the areas.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

It's just not communicated very well.
    That will start being a problem imo. Yesterday I was having a look at the Challenges and I've indeed seen something about the Warden, this challenge is time-limited. There is nothing ingame that informs you that something is supposed to happen in Freeplay. I think there isn't even a tweet or whatever.

I didn't set foot in Freeplay for days because as a solo player it's a lot more efficient and fun to just run Contracts/Legendary mission/Strongholds, had I known there was something happening in Freeplay I'd probably go from time to time.

Why isn't it news-worthy ? There is literally a news page when you connect, which is currently empty, I really don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That will start being a problem imo. Yesterday I was having a look at the Challenges and I've indeed seen something about the Warden, this challenge is time-limited. There is nothing ingame that informs you that something is supposed to happen in Freeplay. I think there isn't even a tweet or whatever.

I didn't set foot in Freeplay for days because as a solo player it's a lot more efficient and fun to just run Contracts/Legendary mission/Strongholds, had I known there was something happening in Freeplay I'd probably go from time to time.

Why isn't it news-worthy ? There is literally a news page when you connect, which is currently empty, I really don't understand.
    Is your news even working? Mine is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    We spent two hours clearing out these marked areas... And no chest ever spawned, in any of the areas.
    Weird... I got like 4(?) chests last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Media is bribed more or less (i remember watching anthem video of some youtuber that was called to play the demo and then asked to make a positive scripted video and he refused), pre realise trailers pretty much always lie how the game looks, games come out more and more polished, fun gets removed (blizzard loves doing this for some reason), pre-orders and much more.
    Sauce on that Yt video?

And stop it with this "bribed media" nonsense. It's a conspiracy, it always has been and it always will be.

Is your news even working? Mine is not.
    I think it was working until 1.0.4 or the previous loot hotfix. It was showing some news, clicking on them brought you to the EA Anthem website on the relevant page.

But since then, nothing, all empty. Dunno if broken or just no news. Sad, because they could easily put a small text (even with no link) to tell us something is supposed to happen in Freeplay.

I think it was working until 1.0.4 or the previous loot hotfix. It was showing some news, clicking on them brought you to the EA Anthem website on the relevant page.

But since then, nothing, all empty. Dunno if broken or just no news. Sad, because they could easily put a small text (even with no link) to tell us something is supposed to happen in Freeplay.
    Right... I think events should be labeled in the news.

I get their reasoning for having it just kind of there... Encourage player exploration, etc... but it's kind of annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sauce on that Yt video?

And stop it with this "bribed media" nonsense. It's a conspiracy, it always has been and it always will be.
    Here it is:

And there were 3 more, but i cant find them. Probaly deleted or put on private.

Here it is:

And there were 3 more, but i cant find them. Probaly deleted or put on private.
    Didn't we already debunk this nonsense like 100 pages ago? And no, that's not proof of bribery in the slightest.

I don't want to rewatch the video to debunk point by point, but if you want to share any of the sensational allegations I'm happy to bat them down again. Also, influencers aren't the same as traditional press, FYI. Traditional press aren't taking big sponsorship/ad deals personally like influencers do, they have ad departments that handle that so that editorial can operate independently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we already debunk this nonsense like 100 pages ago? And no, that's not proof of bribery in the slightest.

I don't want to rewatch the video to debunk point by point, but if you want to share any of the sensational allegations I'm happy to bat them down again. Also, influencers aren't the same as traditional press, FYI. Traditional press aren't taking big sponsorship/ad deals personally like influencers do, they have ad departments that handle that so that editorial can operate independently.
    Well there is this:
    https://www.theverge.com/2016/7/12/1...tc-warner-bros
    https://kotaku.com/the-messy-story-b...ame-1644092214
    Quite old.
    And here is non-influencer version:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/com...tuber_for_our/

Old news about influencers, not press. And issues arising from that have already been largely addressed through the FCC.

And here is non-influencer version:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/com...tuber_for_our/
    Uh...

On one of my normal PR rounds I received an email from a very popular YouTuber
    These are all issues with influencers (new media), largely arising from the fact that it was a totally new category. The influencers themselves were poorly educated on the rules they had to follow (both through their own ignorance and through their networks/management being similarly ignorant) and some marketing/PR firms/departments decided to exploit this.

Literally nothing you posted remotely hints at traditional press being paid to positively cover/review the game. Your "point" is still a baseless allegation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird... I got like 4(?) chests last night.
    Yeah, I dunno. WE DID find a world event (though it seemed very strange, it took us literally almost two hours to find an actual world event), but we found two of these 'other things' and after clearing everything out just... nothing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Old news about influencers, not press. And issues arising from that have already been largely addressed through the FCC.

Uh...

These are all issues with influencers (new media), largely arising from the fact that it was a totally new category. The influencers themselves were poorly educated on the rules they had to follow (both through their own ignorance and through their networks/management being similarly ignorant) and some marketing/PR firms/departments decided to exploit this.
    Sponsored journalism is nothing new. It isn't limited to just "new media". You will never be able to prove that it happens unless some one blows the whistle or does an really bad job at writing/composing the story. The entire reason why Dev's or marketing teams give interviews to newspapers and media is to get articles in their favor to drive up the buzz. Some they most certainly pay for. Others they do not pay for. Some I'm sure are given favors for future coverage etc.

Like I said though you won't be able to specifically say it happened for anthem because nothing leaked. But there is little reason to make a division between streamers and influencers and "old media". They are the same thing now. The "old media" were the influencers of their day. They wrote articles to get more people reading in order to get more views of the ads.

There is nothing wrong with developers paying for advertisements. Streamers playing the game is no different then paying Game Informer to run a featured story aka advertisement.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Sponsored journalism is nothing new. It isn't limited to just "new media". You will never be able to prove that it happens unless some one blows the whistle or does an really bad job at writing/composing the story. The entire reason why Dev's or marketing teams give interviews to newspapers and media is to get articles in their favor to drive up the buzz. Some they most certainly pay for. Others they do not pay for. Some I'm sure are given favors for future coverage etc.

Like I said though you won't be able to specifically say it happened for anthem because nothing leaked. But there is little reason to make a division between streamers and influencers and "old media". They are the same thing now. The "old media" were the influencers of their day. They wrote articles to get more people reading in order to get more views of the ads.

There is nothing wrong with developers paying for advertisements. Streamers playing the game is no different then paying Game Informer to run a featured story aka advertisement.
    EA actually has 2 different programs for paid vs non paid content. They require two different disclosure types. In fact, during the lead up to Anthem's release someone go in trouble because they made a paid video seem like an unpaid video.

This game feels when you hate one ability, just got my freaking THIRD Binary Star with godly rolls.

1 Elysian Chest opened in two Strongholds (mine), that'll take hundreds to get all the rewards...
    I think I've seen one asshole rushing the chest at the last second too. Hope he failed.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-03-29 at 07:49 PM.

Anyways - Here's some info on the next small update
    https://twitter.com/Darokaz/status/1111709343198658560
    Before the weekend hits I wanted to give a quick update to the #AnthemGame community. The team is still working on the next big update, including new content that we announced on the roadmap.
    1/4
    We’re also working on a smaller update to fix some recent issues including:
    1. Elysian Caches not showing the rewards you got right away.
    2. Loot dropping for javelins that you aren’t currently using.
    3. The newsfeed not showing up properly.
    2/4
    I'm also working on the next livestream, which may be delayed a bit off the two week cadence we've been going with. I really want to show everyone the new content we're working on, but I also want to make sure it's ready to present ������
    3/4
    Lastly, we're still working to address a lot of the reports we've been getting on players not being able to complete challenges, missing percentages on items (visual bug) and more. Stay tuned for more updates next week!
    4/4

15+ Year Old Account
    EA actually has 2 different programs for paid vs non paid content. They require two different disclosure types. In fact, during the lead up to Anthem's release someone go in trouble because they made a paid video seem like an unpaid video.
    There are ways to do it with written media that technically doesn't require a "this article was paid for". But you are right that all streamers, and video content, is supposed to clearly state that they were paid to play/review. Warner Brothers and Shadows of Mordor got in trouble (no real punishment) for having it hidden behind the "show more description" or not at all on paid for content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    This game feels when you hate one ability, just got my freaking THIRD Binary Star with godly rolls.

1 Elysian Chest opened in two Strongholds (mine), that'll take hundreds to get all the rewards...
    I think I've seen one asshole rushing the chest at the last second too. Hope he failed.
    Hmm....maybe that Ai thing could be at least half true:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa..._store_issues/
    https://www.techpowerup.com/240655/l...pian-nightmare
    (its quite old news tho)
    Just beware its un-comfirmed.

Try to do something that you would never do in Anthem and report us back of how was the loot .

(its quite old news tho)

Try to do something that you would never do in Anthem and report us back of how was the loot .
    Yeah no... That comes from 4chan. It's fake.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...piracy-theory/

(its quite old news tho)

I don't think there is something like that, just the RNG that likes messing with me. But two of my first legendary abilities were Black Ice and Thousand Suns (both with good rolls) so I won't complain much, at this point the only thing I'm dreaming of is a legendary Winter's Wrath.

Yeah no... That comes from 4chan. It's fake.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...piracy-theory/
    It still blows my mind people fall for this garbage.