Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Soooo are you eight years old? Seriously, get a better adjective than "stinky" if you're gonna try and bait.
    Yes. I am eight years old and played the eu launch inside my father's testicle with a nano computer.
    I'm sorry for saying stinky... Let me try some translation software: Nausing? Barbaric? Uncivilised? Also... Tends!
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Yes the story behind it is totally understandable (ofc it is, it is just mainstream lore made for the masses).
    I just don't understand how bloodelf players can feel any immersion when playing with orcs and living or log in into tends in some desert. It's not about being racist it's about style, aesthetics and immersion.
    Considering this the belfs in the orcish horde make zero sense and you know that. No matter which story they come up with.
    It's like putting undeads, demons and squirrels into a faction with light forged draenei and naaru. Sure you could write some story around it and release some novels people would prbly even buy... It would still make no sense.
    Just because it doesn't conform to existing fantasy tropes doesn't mean that it's unimmersive.

I for one like the change of pace. It's interesting to see Elves fighting alongside the 'monsters'. The Orcs and Trolls of Azeroth aren't mindless, beast-like brutes here. They have goals and ambitions which can line up with the Elves own.

Looks and aesthetics do not define a people or the allies they make.

7+ Year Old Account
    the good old elf fan, only care about aesthetics, pitiful

This is not LOTR or silmarilion

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    And the alliance players been whining ever since.
    So have the original players who played horde

Blood elves in the Horde is the first piece of really bad writing Blizzard ever did. While they might have been angry with the Alliance, they disliked the Horde even more. But Metzen and the writers threw that out the window because not enough people were playing Horde and they needed a "human" race.

There are a lot of things about the current factions that do not make sense at current. I think they're setting things up for a third faction, and if they are not then they should.

I am an elf fan. I have 6 nightelf 120 chars and generally make the transmog look like real kaldorei.
    But I also like blood elves... I create one every x months just to join the rest of the faction and then immediately stop.

1) Oggrimar: how the hell can you live there? I play this game since eu launch and would have prbly stopped years ago when I would log into wow and see this.... "City".
    It is basically a big Campsite with stinky orcs in it. Why do orcs live in tends? How can blood elves live with them in that stinky tends?
    2) Racial aesthetics: look at orcs then look at blood elves - this does not fit, and I don't know a single rpg where nobel high elves team up with stinky barbarian orcs

To sum it up : I would love to play a blood elf but I can't because I need to play horde then :/
    I think if the horde races would not include orcs, trolls and undead and the horde would not be named "horde" but "Outcasts" this "highelfmegathread" would not exist
    Maybe look into the lore and the story of why the Blood Elves are in the Horde. The Alliance treated them like cats piss. The Blood Elves IMO is only in the horde because they cannot go it alone. They dislike the alliance more than the horde because the horde has never in their eyes abandoned them.

Blood Elves live in Silvermoon, rarely do they live in orgrimmar.

How do you know the tents smell? Didnt realise you had a smelloscope.

Seriously read the lore and backstory. Things that happened in Warcraft 3, before and after.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    A better question might be, how can the night elves stand to fight with the humans?

The difference in culture is just as large there, if not larger. It's not like night elves would be keen to view timber houses and cobblestones with any measure of favor.

But of course, what you're really asking is, "why can't I play the pretty race and be surrounded by pretty things?" which is a far cry from actually being rationally objective.
    Yet all the long vigil night elf homes are made of timber, and they also hunt animals as feral druids and hunters, not quite the tree hugger , don't hurt a fly race many people imagine them to be.

Yet night elves can build cities like Suramar, Eldre'thalas and Zin'Azshari. They understand humans more than you think. And just because they spent 10,000 years without living in their cities doesn't mean they don't know how to. It's the same generation of night elves still around.

Arthas should've wiped out the Blood Elves when he had the chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Well, I think it is telling that they are Blood Elves when it could literally be any of the other Horde races. He specifically says "Elves..." too. I would imagine this is done on purpose.

I guess I don't recall other allied races not being friendly with the entire Horde, but I could be wrong. I know the main races start on neutral with the Forsaken and Blood Elves. I think in Classic Forsaken started Neutral with the entire Horde (save themselves), has that changed?
    Nope, the reputations still begin in Neutral for them.
    And I suppose they used the Elves there because Elves are the kind of race that would call everything other than them "primitive" and act like annoying tourists
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I am an elf fan. I have 6 nightelf 120 chars and generally make the transmog look like real kaldorei.
    But I also like blood elves... I create one every x months just to join the rest of the faction and then immediately stop.

1) Oggrimar: how the hell can you live there? I play this game since eu launch and would have prbly stopped years ago when I would log into wow and see this.... "City".
    It is basically a big Campsite with stinky orcs in it. Why do orcs live in tends? How can blood elves live with them in that stinky tends?
    2) Racial aesthetics: look at orcs then look at blood elves - this does not fit, and I don't know a single rpg where nobel high elves team up with stinky barbarian orcs

To sum it up : I would love to play a blood elf but I can't because I need to play horde then :/
    I think if the horde races would not include orcs, trolls and undead and the horde would not be named "horde" but "Outcasts" this "highelfmegathread" would not exist
    Because Orcs are monstrous on the Outside...but humans are monstrous on the inside...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Basically you want high elves in the alliance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

How can void elves stand with the humans who tried to genocide them repeatedly?

They still have their own city and culture. They dont all move to Org just cause they joined the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like you didn't play Warcraft 3, OP. If you did you'd know why they joined the Horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think a better question would of been. "How can Blood elf players stand to fight with the trolls." Cause let's not forget. Even if it may have not be the Darkspear, THe elves and trolls have hated each other for years. You would think the Elves would be questioning them. And yes, It may have not been the Darkspear, but still.

Worgen should be Horde. Why would Big Bad Wolf join some pink-haired pygmies?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate the orc aesthetic, but I love taurens, belfs, trolls and pandaren. I avoid Orgrimmar and Draenor like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I think a better question would of been. "How can Blood elf players stand to fight with the trolls." Cause let's not forget. Even if it may have not be the Darkspear, THe elves and trolls have hated each other for years. You would think the Elves would be questioning them. And yes, It may have not been the Darkspear, but still.
    They are much different trolls. They have different colors and that makes a big difference. It would be like saying that Forest Trolls hate Night Elves because of them being elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

i imagine stormwind smells like london or paris in the middle ages, also i dont think ironforge smells very good either, nothing but sweaty hairy dudes working in forges underground.