Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    stop thinking about the story, it has stopped making sense a long time ago

I stopped thinking about it when there were infinite timelines but only one Legion

I would like to just think that it was a very well aimed shot at the heart. Because nathanos is some super ranger or something?

The trail of the arrow Nathanos shot was purple, so it's probably not a normal arrow, but a Black Arrow, which is magic. Also, Nathanos apparently has an ability called Death of the Hero with some ridiculously long cast time, long enough to say an entire speech and be interrupted by a passing-by Falstad. Maybe he was casting that the whole time Baine was trying to save Zelling from execution by shifting all the blame on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Undead's mortality is what Blizzard wants it to be, simple as. There's an NPC in Nazmir that got cut in half that's still alive and has you put him back together.
    I remember a weird quest in Icecrown where you put a draenei paladin or something back together. I could be mistaken on the draenei part, you're helping a DK do it. It made me wonder 'can dks legit res now?'

I hope they either give us an explanation or "resurrect" Zeililng.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Why do you think she introduced Calia new undead form?
    Because she's a shitty writer?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Sylvanas covered her midriff because she has a massive hole there from when she tried to kill herself but jumping off of Icecrown and impaling herself on one of the citadels saronite spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Because she's a shitty writer?
    I actually like Christie Golden, she does a great job being consistent with Anduin, and Jaina has far more personality than she ever did. But she is is a lot like Richard Knaak, in that she isn't able to write cultures really well, when she writes Night elves or Dwarfs there's nothing about the way they are written that comes off unique. Except maybe Orcs, she can write orcs pretty well. Rise of the Horde and Lord of the Clans are two of my favourite books, both by Golden.

Knaak though was good at writing the dragon aspects. My biggest problem with Knaak though was his writing style as a whole sucked. Golden can actually write a good full story, at least when its solely on humans (or Orcs)
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-29 at 10:33 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    This is honestly the best way to consume Blizzard storytelling. There are no carefully considered rules and there's no real consistency. They try and make it seem like there is in some of their lore tomes (though I've no idea why, since it does nothing but shoot them in the foot), but anything that happens is entirely at the whims of what the story demands at that very moment.
    Almost like real life!

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I thought Sylvanas covered her midriff because she has a massive hole there from when she tried to kill herself by jumping off Icecrown and impaling herself on one of the citadel's saronite spikes.

Nice theory. I like it!

While other factions serve replaceable warchiefs, kings and other such ranks, the Forsaken are unique in that they revere and follow a specific individual. It would certainly lessen her ability to inspire unwavering, fanatical devotion if she had very visible evidence of her attempt to abandon "her people" and embrace the respite of death; an option the average Forsaken must NEVER contemplate, as they are always surrounded by servants of The Dark Lady.

Such inconvenient truths must be covered up, and never spoken of again.
    Last edited by thottstation; 2019-03-29 at 11:27 PM.

Sylvanas always packs some holy water-dipped arrows just in case she needs to murder some more of her own people as of late.

Undead resistance is incredibly inconsistent. On the one hand they sometimes survive being cut in half or Garrosh likes them as cannon fodder because they're resilient, on the other hand a Worgen can easily kill one with a single claw swipe and Sylvanas can rip undead bears in half and is herself oneshot by a bullet despite being far, far more powerful than Zelling.

There's tons of possible in-universe explanations even if the out of universe one is inconsistency; Nathanos used a black/magic arrow, or he's just that good thanks to dead human potential, or Zelling died of a disease so his body is weaker than usual, etc.

I thought Sylvanas covered her midriff because she has a massive hole there from when she tried to kill herself but jumping off of Icecrown and impaling herself on one of the citadels saronite spikes.
    you'd think that... or maybe the scar that likely would have been left when she was originally killed from Frostmourne

But I think the midriff thing had an interview where a dev had a chat with his daughter about why sylvanas wore bikini armor and he didn't like the response he had for his daughter.

edit:

honestly I'd rather see the scars and be reminded that undead are undead...

but then again. china likely would still censor it
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-03-30 at 12:13 AM.

I was interested reading about Zelling, but it is a Sylvanas thread again.

Hey wat, Zelling is dead???

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

I actually like Christie Golden, she does a great job being consistent with Anduin, and Jaina has far more personality than she ever did. But she is is a lot like Richard Knaak, in that she isn't able to write cultures really well, when she writes Night elves or Dwarfs there's nothing about the way they are written that comes off unique. Except maybe Orcs, she can write orcs pretty well. Rise of the Horde and Lord of the Clans are two of my favourite books, both by Golden.

Knaak though was good at writing the dragon aspects. My biggest problem with Knaak though was his writing style as a whole sucked. Golden can actually write a good full story, at least when its solely on humans (or Orcs)
    The Val'kyr "Restore" her, she is an elevated undead, one with neigh indestructible flesh. It never went into detail on why she had no markings on her body however, it was mentioned that Arthas didn't know either in his book.

Old lore was that he kept her body in a enchanted iron coffin to preserve it to torture her spirit with the sight of it, that could be why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I was interested reading about Zelling, but it is a Sylvanas thread again.

Hey wat, Zelling is dead???
    He tripped onto an arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    He tripped onto an arrow
    Aww, what a tragic way to die. His life was a tragedy, poor man.

Sylvanas shoots magic arrows that can kill demons in a single blow and blow up siege towers with ease. I am not sure why you think its inconceivable she could kill a weak Forsaken also.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Sylvanas shoots magic arrows that can kill demons in a single blow and blow up siege towers with ease. I am not sure why you think its inconceivable she could kill a weak Forsaken also.
    Because Sylvanas wasn't the one doing it, it was Nathanos. Although I think he shoots magic arrows too.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Because Sylvanas wasn't the one doing it, it was Nathanos. Although I think he shoots magic arrows too.
    I assume that Nathanos post ritual has a similar skillset to dark rangers though on a lesser scale compared to Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Don't worry, I'm only parodying the Horde koolaid.
    C'mon pal don't be like that, everyone got fucked by this expansion, I am only playing for my zandalaris and raid team(shame I can't smack Jaina for more time)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I assume that Nathanos post ritual has a similar skillset to dark rangers though on a lesser scale compared to Sylvanas.
    I think so too. He's not on Sylvanas's level, but he does have some interesting abilities, especially if you play the Alliance campaign and have him as your opponent