Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Can't help but feel that Talanji's powers are just an asspull and they will strech it as much as they want if the story needs it. I don't feel like her powers are justified or earned but maybe that's just because she's a brand new character. She's becoming (an ugly) Mary Sue.

I also think that it will be harder and harder to introduce a brand new character with great power.

But I love that we got Thalyssra. In my mind she's almost as powerful as Jaina. I absolutely prefer her over Talanji.
    Really? I feel her powers and the level makes sense. She's a Zandalari priestess and the princess, so her level of ability should be higher than any other troll priest around. She's also not so OP she can 1v1, so she constantly has to ask for help. Plus her loa's powers aren't as asspully as the light/void.

I can't see how she's a legitimate Mary Sue when she isn't the strongest leader and had to work for and earn her people's love with our help. Her crowning was even met with a coup.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the thing. Most of the great elf mages got killed in Warcraft 3. Of the great ones that survived, Kael'thas was hit with the villain bat, many stayed on Outland with the Scryers.

The only ones left are Rommath and Aethas. While both have had more screen time than your average NPC, neither has had a chance to show their strength.
    Well, there's also Thalen who just shrugged off Jaina's attack into which she poured all of her might.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Night elf: Ugh, can't find a relevant night elf mage, kinda sad.
    Well, Night Elves proper reintroduced magic to their race only recently (~5-6 years ago in lore). And the Shen'dralar stagnated for 10k years. And sacrificed each other to Immol'thar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Did you play Legion? Was barely about orcs or humans
    A human kingdom being the center-stage of resistance up until Argus and its human leader constantly in your face is not about humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Trikszter View Post
    Blizzard have wrote a few great mages like Medivh, Khadgar and Jaina, but this is a privilige only for humans. There are other races with strong mage potential, like what nelf mages used to be. Azhara and Illidan were Heavy hitters comparable to the guardian power level Aegwynn, again a human.
    A draenei lives much longer Than other races so they could produce a few capable mages, yet We have seen No one since their arriving on Azeroth. And this is only alliance side. It was the Belfs who taught humans magic. Ok 90% of the races died thanks to the scourge, so only 2-4 truly great mages left including Kael’thas who was the last truly great magi of the belfs in lore since We have seen nothing from Rommath or the others that could be named as a feat.
    Blizz could have been introduced great mages with the Nightborne to the horde, but currently thallysra fails to match these expectations. Ellisand and her mates were Good ones, until We killed them all. Nightborne made Aluneth wonder about their city or whatever, and he thinks humans dont live long enough to become truly strong, yet so far We have seen nothing remarkable from them. The void elves showed More capacity in the warcampaign that most nborne or belf ever did. Its Not a problem, but it’s on alli side.
    On horde side We have No one with great potency. Pandaren could have been the answer for this since they exists since the nelfs but No.
    Please correct me if i’m wrong. Also sry for my bad english.
    Archimonde and most of his followers were mages and even then they impressed sargeras. Well for horde races dead ones would be atleast Kael and his father and currently alive strong mages are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    snip
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    snip
    snip
    You all are right. I totally ignored the fact that she's powered by all the loas. I am a mess.

I guess I am a bit judgy and for some reason I never started liking her that much. But I don't like the zandalari females in general so that might be it.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

5+ Year Old Account
    You all are right. I totally ignored the fact that she's powered by all the loas. I am a mess.

I guess I am a bit judgy and for some reason I never started liking her that much. But I don't like the zandalari females in general so that might be it.
    That's fair, I personally never liked female orcs so I can't blame preferences.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    As for mages, there's the one Forsaken dude in the mage order hall, right?
    Meryl is a human mage who was so powerful that he resurrected himself after his death in Troll Wars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, there's also Thalen who just shrugged off Jaina's attack into which she poured all of her might.
    He is "evil", so we can't see any more of him unless he will die in raid.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Blizzard have wrote a few great mages like Medivh, Khadgar and Jaina, but this is a privilige only for humans. There are other races with strong mage potential, like what nelf mages used to be. Azhara and Illidan were Heavy hitters comparable to the guardian power level Aegwynn, again a human.
    A draenei lives much longer Than other races so they could produce a few capable mages, yet We have seen No one since their arriving on Azeroth. And this is only alliance side. It was the Belfs who taught humans magic. Ok 90% of the races died thanks to the scourge, so only 2-4 truly great mages left including Kael’thas who was the last truly great magi of the belfs in lore since We have seen nothing from Rommath or the others that could be named as a feat.
    Blizz could have been introduced great mages with the Nightborne to the horde, but currently thallysra fails to match these expectations. Ellisand and her mates were Good ones, until We killed them all. Nightborne made Aluneth wonder about their city or whatever, and he thinks humans dont live long enough to become truly strong, yet so far We have seen nothing remarkable from them. The void elves showed More capacity in the warcampaign that most nborne or belf ever did. Its Not a problem, but it’s on alli side.
    On horde side We have No one with great potency. Pandaren could have been the answer for this since they exists since the nelfs but No.
    Please correct me if i’m wrong. Also sry for my bad english.
    Well, you had Kael'thas, we have Rommath, Thalyssra, Occuleth, Valtrois.

The Night Elves have the cast from Dire Maul, the Highbourne. Can't remember the names on the spot rn.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Kael'thas needs to come back somehow and lead the elves once again. These " magnificent high born sassy" elves are being useless irrelevant day players at best with a boring nobody of a leader as Lor'themar. Kael'thas has style, is pompous, has a phoenix, and a personality. Bring him back asap and I could consider playing Horde.

On topic:

Blood elves: Aethas Sunreaver, Magister Rommath
    Draenei: Archmage Tameera or sth, was a mage in Argus, kinda irrelevant
    Nightborne: Thalyssra and Valtrois, slowly fading.
    Night elf: Ugh, can't find a relevant night elf mage, kinda sad.
    I'm just sayin, we know the Sunwell can bring people back to life (Kel Thuzad) when you have their remains. And I'm just sayin, some dude has Kael's head (Or If youre on any of my characters then I do because I never turned the quest in because I liked the idea of keeping it). They realized they did Illidan dirty and brought him back and they did Kael WAAAY worse (Seriously I could go on for hours about how much Blizzard ruined Kael in BC).

We're just a quick Sunwell Swirly and bing bang boom one of the best characters Blizzard ever wrote is back in action and since we got a Holy-Sunwell now Kael is cured from his addiction and fel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She wasn't, not to mention Rhonin was never sold as strongest mage on the planet either.
    actually while rhonin was leader of the kirin tor he was named the strongest mortal mage on azeroth, the title and mantle were passed to jaina once he was killed, this includes all elves due to the lore plot of 'humans being the shortest living beings with the greatest potential' and with the dragon aspects all but extinct now there's nobody to challenge that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Archimonde and most of his followers were mages and even then they impressed sargeras. Well for horde races dead ones would be atleast Kael and his father and currently alive strong mages are rare.
    part of the reason draenei don't wield their power over the arcane with much public showing is due to this fact, they likely feel it is taboo to do so thanks to the fall from grace their brethren underwent with sargeras, and they likely feel it should be restrained not flaunted.

Eh I can relate with that, I have the same problem with most goblins and female humans that looks very goofy and the freaking ningens are everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    actually while rhonin was leader of the kirin tor he was named the strongest mortal mage on azeroth, the title and mantle were passed to jaina once he was killed, this includes all elves due to the lore plot of 'humans being the shortest living beings with the greatest potential' and with the dragon aspects all but extinct now there's nobody to challenge that.
    Source, should be fun, because there is nothing in the lore that supports this statement in any way.

The only ones left are Rommath and Aethas. While both have had more screen time than your average NPC, neither has had a chance to show their strength.
    That is exactly how I feel about the Shen'dralar and Mordant Evenshade. Cata never showed them in action, choosing only to show case their novices. But with Legion done, with the details we got with the nightborne, farondis and Moonguard, I get the feeling that is the level they are comparable with.

I loved how powerful Prince Farondis and the Moonguard Leaders, especially Lothrius came across as. They really kicked ass. Hope we'll see more of hthem. but doubtful.

Thalyssra while a very well done character, did not come across as quite that powerful, several opportunities to fight, and engage, and what she produces is really not combat worthy. I have no doubt she's an accomplished arcanist, but maybe in other tings , not battle.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That is exactly how I feel about the Shen'dralar and Mordant Evenshade. Cata never showed them in action, choosing only to show case their novices. But with Legion done, with the details we got with the nightborne, farondis and Moonguard, I get the feeling that is the level they are comparable with.

I loved how powerful Prince Farondis and the Moonguard Leaders, especially Lothrius came across as. They really kicked ass. Hope we'll see more of hthem. but doubtful.

Thalyssra while a very well done character, did not come across as quite that powerful, several opportunities to fight, and engage, and what she produces is really not combat worthy. I have no doubt she's an accomplished arcanist, but maybe in other tings , not battle.
    Mordant was driven from eldre'thalas alongside his brethren years ago, Farondis too wasn't really out of the ordinary in terms of mages they are what you would expect from someone holding the title archmage.

Mordant was driven from eldre'thalas alongside his brethren years ago, Farondis too wasn't really out of the ordinary in terms of mages they are what you would expect from someone holding the title archmage.
    And what do you base that on? Sounds a bit like bias to me. I thought it was rather extraordinary, that even as a ghost he is able to pack the sort of punch he does. Or do you think just anybody is Highborne Prince?

Mordant was driven from eldre'thalas alongside his brethren years ago,
    And? that doesn't mean they aren't powerful or talented. Unless you think the group of mages that are classed as Queen Azshara's most revered arcanists - which sort of puts them top of the range, processing all her greatest projects in secret are nothing.

Because you don't see them do much in their screen time? I don't think meeting them at the stage their city has fallen to ruins and their intoxivcated on demonic sapping energy is them anywhere close to normal let alone their full potential.

Now they've had a few years to get clean and uncorrupted, I would like to see how they get played out.

And what do you base that on? Sounds a bit like bias to me. I thought it was rather extraordinary, that even as a ghost he is able to pack the sort of punch he does. Or do you think just anybody is Highborne Prince?
    I expect Archmages to be able to pull that shit and the extraordinary ones being able to do the shit Jaina pulls, unless someone interrupts them.

And? that doesn't mean they aren't powerful or talented. Unless you think the group of mages that are classed as Queen Azshara's most revered arcanists - which sort of puts them top of the range, processing all her greatest projects in secret are nothing.
    Yeah they got the knowledge prior to the arrival of the legion, while those that were in the capital were tutored by demons, who were very much ahead in magic until they decided to rebel because they couldn't bear the shit they Queen was pulling.

Because you don't see them do much in their screen time? I don't think meeting them at the stage their city has fallen to ruins and their intoxivcated on demonic sapping energy is them anywhere close to normal let alone their full potential.
    No because there is nothing that really gives them the edge to be honest, they had a lot of potential until they decided to butcher almost the entire population at this moment they strated their decline and it was sealed with the horde kicking their teeth in.

Yeah they got the knowledge prior to the arrival of the legion, while those that were in the capital were tutored by demons, who were very much ahead in magic until they decided to rebel because they couldn't bear the shit they Queen was pulling.

Tutoring? That is a stretch, they were helping them make portals big enough for Sargeras to enter the world, not the finer techniques of magical theory and combat.

Those same demon affiliating elves were whooped by their resistance counterparts.

Tutoring? That is a stretch, they were helping them make portals big enough for Sargeras to enter the world, not the finer techniques of magical theory and combat.

Those same demon affiliating elves were whooped by their resistance counterparts.
    The demons were still thousands of years ahead and they did teach the highborne some stuff, yes the demons were beaten but it doesn't change the fact that they were tens of thousands of years ahead of the highborne in the magical department.

No because there is nothing that really gives them the edge to be honest, they had a lot of potential until they decided to butcher almost the entire population at this moment they strated their decline and it was sealed with the horde kicking their teeth in.
    That doesn't mean they arent extremely talented or powerful. We already have confirmation that they were incredible. Your race or city in decline doesn't mean you as an individual are any less knowledgeable, powerful or great as you have ever been.

We are not talking about the civilization of Eldre'thalas but about powerful non human mages. Also do not forget I am expressing a desire to see more of him and his group in action.

It's funny you don't see me going on about all the ways I think Rommath is a crap mage and how there is nothing that really gives him the edge, or any other blood elf mage for that matter. Why? Because I am not biased against them nor do I keep trying to show or point out how unremarkable and untalented or unimpressive they might be now after the scourge ruined most of what they did in the last 7,000 years, and the lack of Jaina type level of activity from any of them is somehow proof that they really arent anything remarkable.

Why again? Cos I'm not biased against them in favour of my favourite, so it doesn't occur to me

- - - Updated - - -

The demons were still thousands of years ahead and they did teach the highborne some stuff, yes the demons were beaten but it doesn't change the fact that they were tens of thousands of years ahead of the highborne in the magical department.
    They helped them build bigger portals, and they needed the expertise and knowledge of the elves just as much. The book even covers that, otherwise the demons would have just taken over building the portals themselves.

Ut was a joint effort and they needed the elves. The elves are portrayed as quite exceptional with magic, and they were no noobs to the demons either. The legion would not have been able to get a first invasion if the Queen hadn't let them in. I so sometimes wonder how it would have been if all the night elves were United as one against the demons.

Let us not forget, they beat them with their chief asset and greatest leader playing for the opposite side

That doesn't mean they arent extremely talented or powerful. We already have confirmation that they were incredible. Your race or city in decline doesn't mean you as an individual are any less knowledgeable, powerful or great as you have ever been.
    That is the thing we don't have confirmation that they were super awesome sauce over the eons, quite the opposite with screwing themselves over reduncing their number to a handful and later being handily beaten by a horde expedition being driven from their libraries and all they achieved while going cold turkey from demonic energies.

We are not talking about the civilization of Eldre'thalas but about powerful non human mages. Also do not forget I am expressing a desire to see more of him and his group in action.
    And we did they were active during the war of the thorns yet ultimately couldn't turn the tide.

It's funny you don't see me going on about all the ways I think Rommath is a crap mage and how there is nothing that really gives him the edge, or any other blood elf mage for that matter. Why? Because I am not biased against them nor do I keep trying to show or point out how unremarkable and untalented or unimpressive they might be now after the scourge ruined most of what they did in the last 7,000 years, and the lack of Jaina type level of activity from any of them is somehow proof that they really arent anything remarkable.
    I expect Rommath to be a decent archmage but I do not expect him to be super awesome sauce, because the most gifted elf mages died during the third war due to treachery, you desperately want to put the shen'dralar on a pedestal for no other reason for them being associated with the night elves, because you want that they go back to being a mighty arcane culture, despite the fact that night elves to this day despise the arcane and barely tolerate the highborne that returned and even shun the ones that took the opportunity to learn from the highborne.

Why again? Cos I'm not biased against them in favour of my favourite, so it doesn't occur to me
    You try to paint the shen'dralar as something they simply aren't, being super awesome mages with all the answers,but the lore makes it very clear they are not. Yet you desperately cling to that group and to an extend the moonguard to get the night elves into the arcane niche once again a place that is utterly despised by their mainstream culture. Simply because you do not like the fact that night elves never will again embrace the arcane in a big way, that is what their offshoots the nightborne, blood elves and Naga are for, the continuation of arcane culture.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2019-03-30 at 03:42 AM.