Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Try rereading it yourself. He only agreed to that because she was going to use her ex-boyfriend's sperm instead if he said no.
    Like I said, he insisted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    She can just fucking adopt a child. Holy fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

When the child is 18 - don't you think its possible they will want to know who the father is... or even sooner? This dude will go on a date and have to tell people "well I don't TECHNICALLY have children...."

- - - Updated - - -

They signed a contract. She can adopt a child.

- - - Updated - - -

Precedence, and the article says otherwise..
    It does not say otherwise. It says it is a possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The court nullified the section of the contract that said he has to agree to implantation, specifically stating "her right to procreate supersedes his right to choose."

She has unilateral choice in attempting to become pregnant and he has zero recourse regardless of outcome.
    Yes, I know. What is your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    "Italso states the other parent has no rights or obligations."

I hope that means he doesn't have to pay child support.
    they literally say the opposite in first paragraph, he will pay for child support and he has no right to even object
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Rape isn't just someone being sexually assaulted. Rape is asserting control over someone's life without their permission or desire to have it done.
    ya that's not rape like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I did and nothing in it made any of this rape.
    He consented, but under stipulation of a contract. Did you read that part?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Well, along with the article and precedence, he very likely will. Unless you have evidence to say the contrary?

7+ Year Old Account
    again that doesn't make it rape it makes it a breach of contract.

again that doesn't make it rape it makes it a breach of contract.
    He did not consent to this - the contract says both people must consent - and he did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did not consent to this - the contract says both people must consent - and he did not.
    Which means he can sue her in civil court for breach of contract, but can't actually stop her from doing this, it means he may be able to get damages or monetary compensation (whatever they put in the contract). It may mean jack.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Which means he can sue her in civil court for breach of contract, but can't actually stop her from doing this, it means he may be able to get damages or monetary compensation (whatever they put in the contract). It may mean jack.
    Which will then go to child support

7+ Year Old Account
    the man was not raped he gave his sperm willingly. the woman breaching the contract is a different problem but that does not make it rape in any way.

n, the man was not raped he gave his sperm willingly. the woman breaching the contract is a different problem but that does not make it rape in any way.
    Do you actually need me to link the full definition? Technically it is -

He gave his sperm willingly - under certain circumstances, if you cannot see how incredibly wrong this is, then there is no talking to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, along with the article and precedence, he very likely will. Unless you have evidence to say the contrary?
    ..and the judge said that the woman's right to have children were more important than his right not to have children so ... Not sure why you keep bringing this up. It is only interesting if he is forced to be anything more than a sperm donor. We do not have "evidence" of either way as of now but we also have no reason to think that there is anything malicious in the woman's desire to have a kid of her own.

OPs post was written in a way that made it seem like entrapment but there is nothing to suggest that this is the case. It is a woman who no longer can have kids due to a cancer treatment and a man who is trying to stop her from having her own children.

Like I said, he insisted.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I know. What is your point?
    Because while it's not rape, the outcome is the same. Now in the state of Arizona it's legal for a rapist to block an abortion because the rapists right to procreate trumps the victims choice.
    And no, that's not hyperbole, that's the actual wording of the decision.

He gave his sperm willingly - under certain circumstances, if you cannot see how incredibly wrong this is, then there is no talking to you.
    Technically, he didn't say it wasn't wrong...he said it wasn't rape.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account

why would you think it not being rape means its ok? on the scale of things being bad it isn't only rape and ok.

do you not know what rape is? dude consented the fact that he didn't want her to use her ex isn't relevant no one made him say yes.
    You are correct. No one made him say yes. Which is why this ruling is hilariously wrong.

So if I steal your car against your will, is that rape too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    He gave his sperm willingly under false pretenses. Not the same as rape, but very very fucked up and shady, and arguably some sort of sexual crime.... Well it would be at least, in a country that wasn't completely retarded like mine is.
    I don't think i would say its false pretenses i think its just a shitty ultimatum unless she was planning this from the start.

but ya its a messed up things to do and he should probably go to court to clear him self of any reliability.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-03-30 at 01:23 AM.

..and the judge said that the woman's right to have children were more important than his right not to have children so ... Not sure why you keep bringing this up. It is only interesting if he is forced to be anything more than a sperm donor. We do not have "evidence" of either way as of now but we also have no reason to think that there is anything malicious in the woman's desire to have a kid of her own.

OPs post was written in a way that made it seem like entrapment but there is nothing to suggest that this is the case. It is a woman who no longer can have kids due to a cancer treatment and a man who is trying to stop her from having her own children.
    False - we have evidence that says otherwise - the article in the OP, and precedence.

The judge is wrong, the contract should be upheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Holy shit imagine being so delusional that you actually think this is what is happening. Even when a man is literally stripped of legal rights, he is still the bad guy rofl.

OF COURSE.
    This is exactly what is happening. As for all the speculations of how he is going to pay for the rest of his life and she tricked him..this is just speculation. All that we know is that she can no longer have children and wanted to use the fertilized eggs and the guy said no.

As long as she does not force him to take part in any way this is a very minor issue and again, we have no reason at all to think she will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Technically, he didn't say it wasn't wrong...he said it wasn't rape.
    He is saying he fully consented to this, which isn't true.

Also- the dictionary definition of rape goes beyond sexual assault, so the OP was using the word correctly, whether we like it or not.