Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno if another race is the best use of developer time right now, but these look cool and i very much appreciate the amount of work you put into these

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    It would be ironic that when they finally do nice looking night elves, it goes to the alliance, and that the night elves the blood elves have more of a link to, the naga ones because their ancestors were Zin'Azshari elves. While the uglier ones, the nightborne go horde, and they are the ones that were personally related to the alliance night elves, cos they come from the same city.
    I would argue about the Nightborne in the Alliance, but I am sure that naga ought to be Horde. We have to remember that this was why Vashj saved Kael'thas. Also, Naga don't fit Alliance very well. They would feel better among Blood Elves and the Forsaken and mentally retarded naga brutes would befriend orcs quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    I dunno if another race is the best use of developer time right now, but these look cool and i very much appreciate the amount of work you put into these
    Do you want to push the art team to class design? In fact, they could update more spell effects, such as slow fall hand animation or hammer of rightiousness explosion.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I would argue about the Nightborne in the Alliance, but I am sure that naga ought to be Horde. We have to remember that this was why Vashj saved Kael'thas. Also, Naga don't fit Alliance very well. They would feel better among Blood Elves and the Forsaken and mentally retarded naga brutes would befriend orcs quickly.
    Agreed. They are better for the horde. Vash’j already worked with blood elves, and she was aware that the blood elves were descendant from Zin’Azhari highborne.

But the nightborne, in particular Thalyssra and rebels in 7.0/1 behaves a lot more like the night elves alliance play from the first Kaldorei resistance in War of Ancients from Suramar people, who incidentally came from that city too. I would have preferred the naz’dorei in the horde and the nightborne in the alliance feels better

As a compromise though they could do Naz’dorei version based on pale skin rather than purple skin and have that faction join the horde. Pale skin with scales and normal eyes instead of golden. But instead of normal irises, have whirlpools. Uses the blood elf base instead of the night elf with animations. Their naga forms would have different colour ranges like red, orange, Emerald. We could have them as a faction that are close to Azshara and opposed to the Naz’dorei, but have been undermining Azshara secretly, backstabbing her at the last minute.

While the Naz’dorei get help from Elune to gain their form. These ones get help from the Sunwell. And it turns out some they were part of Darth’remars original group that sacrificed themselves staying behind to make sure he and as many escaped with Tyrande so long ago

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Introduction

Nazdorei are a rebellious group of Naga that turned against Queen Azshara and her tyrannical reign. Hundreds of years ago, they secretly returned to their faith and once again started to worship the moon goddess. During this time, many have been exposed and paid with their lives for such a treason, with only very few ending up exiled to the Abyssal Depths of Vashj'ir.
    It was only after their sacrifice that was made during the fall of Azshara that all of the faithful have finally redeemed themselves and received Elune's great blessing. They were granted the ability to return to their elven form and they took upon their new name - Nazdorei, the children of the sea.
    You sire, have my vote! amazing!, even the racials are balanced and interesting

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure you could argue, like many of us did for nightborne who should have been with the night elves, but truth is arguments exist for every side.

The naga and the draenei worked with the blood elves , and the draenei ended up alliance.

Also I'm pretty sure Vashj'r was working on behalf of Azshara and the old gods and not a rebel group opposed to the queen and old gods evil.

Also like nightborne, naga and satyr are night elf lore groups, I don't see why they should keep being placed on the horde when the whole point of the kaldorei were those opposed to Azshara. If a small group continues doing that and Elune answers their call, they should be with the night elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Agreed. They are better for the horde. Vash’j already worked with blood elves, and she was aware that the blood elves were descendant from Zin’Azhari highborne.
    What is it with hoodies always wanting to steal alliance elves, they want nightborne, they want naga night elves, they want high elves, like every elven group that has cool stuff or looks should therefore be horde.

Elves by virtue aren't the horde type, but as they've already got the two most prolific elven groups including the kaldorei one, I think it's time the alliance and nightbelves keep their elf kin, seeing blizzard keeps wiping them out. They need the numbers, unless blizzard want the horde as the elf faction.

But the nightborne, in particular Thalyssra and rebels in 7.0/1 behaves a lot more like the night elves alliance play from the first Kaldorei resistance in War of Ancients from Suramar people, who incidentally came from that city too
    We at least agree on this part.

I would have preferred the naz’dorei in the horde and the nightborne in the alliance feels better

As a compromise though they could do Naz’dorei version based on pale skin rather than purple skin and have that faction join the horde. Pale skin with scales and normal eyes instead of golden. But instead of normal irises, have whirlpools. Uses the blood elf base instead of the night elf with animations. Their naga forms would have different colour ranges like red, orange, Emerald. We could have them as a faction that are close to Azshara and opposed to the Naz’dorei, but have been undermining Azshara secretly, backstabbing her at the last minute.
    Mace suggested this a while ago, but on the premise that nightborne would go alliance, then naga elf horde.

But truth is naga and nightborne are night elf related groups. Blood elves have their own, like San'layn, fel elves, darkfallen, void elves and can have new ones like wretched elves restored differently etc.

Don't need to keep taking the alliance elves over. If they redeem satyrs, they should go with the night elves and look like Illidari, even join them as warlocks and mages - maybe the night elf warlock uses the illidari customisation, just like the demon hunter, but these ones are restored satyr, with Elune leaving remi ders.

Same with the nAz'dorei, if they get redeemed they should be with the night elves, same with the Farondis.

These are all parts of the night elves, they shouldn't be leaving their identity to the horde, but instead rebuild the night elf people with all their eras and cultures coming together as a nation.

Would be so cool, kaldorei, naz'dorei, illidari, Farondis, shal'dorei, worgen Night elves we could call the Drin'dorei or Gol'dorei all coming together, even if the shal'dorei ones defect and regain their night elf models but with arcane tunes to distinguish them from horde shal'dorei.

It would be like the whole night elf race is coming together, those who rejected evil and returned from it, to make a last stand , last nation of the kaldorei.

There would be playable representation of these groups as followz
    • Naz'dorei would be the allied race, however,
    • llidari/restored satyr would be customizations available to the warlock and demon hunter classes
    • Defected shal'dorei who gain their nelf models back would be a customisation to all night elves because it would just be arcane runes with some new hairstyles and faces on night elf models
    • Worgen night elves would be a druid class only customisation, with the ability to shift to a worgen only out of combat, however the night elf form can add wolf torso and antlers as customization.
    • Restored Farondis would look like normal elves but maybe have a distinguishing g feature of stars on their skin and hair, use naz'dorei faces without tentacles and be an extra night elf customisation like night warrior available to all but Druid, warlock and demon hunter classes.

All the npcs of the various groups would have their signature appearance, but players who choose shal'dorei runes or Farondis skins can do so as both defected nightborne/ restored Farondis or as darnassian night elves who have enhanced themselves in those manner. Just as those who play druid and opt for the worgen skin, but doing so carries the implication your character is a worgen night elf or defected nightborne or restored farondis as oer case rather than a Darnassian

The restoration of Shaladrassil and the link to the emerald dream in night elves is what allows worgen night elves to retain their elven forms unlike human worgen whose base state is worgen. It only affects night elves as they are the ones linked to Shaladrassil, and is why Worgen humans can't enter combat in human form, and night elf worgen can't enter combat in worgen form game mechanics wise. They could allow those druids who go for the worgen customization to have a wolf version of cat and bear form, like a worgen man for bears and a wolf for cat as extra options
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-03-22 at 05:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you want to push the art team to class design? In fact, they could update more spell effects, such as slow fall hand animation or hammer of rightiousness explosion.
    I was approaching this from the perspective of if the new race was actually to be added to the game, rather than just the concepts and designs being created

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    I was approaching this from the perspective of if the new race was actually to be added to the game, rather than just the concepts and designs being created
    They have a great art team, they need to do both more race class specific stuff, which could involve some more sub-groups as special customizations unique to certain classes, and they need to do stuff like this.. I'd so totally play one of these as my new main.

That's pretty awesome! Love the two-forms idea similar to the Worgen one.

Great job

They can't say no to a Naga allied race now!

Damn, I really like this concept, especially with the updated elf-form models! Great work! I wish it were real.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    That's pretty awesome! Love the two-forms idea similar to the Worgen one.

Great job

They can't say no to a Naga allied race now!
    Of course they can, because these things wouldn't be Naga it is either snake people all the way, or not at all. At least in my opinion ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Of course they can, because these things wouldn't be Naga it is either snake people all the way, or not at all. At least in my opinion ;P
    They can say no, ooor make the option to stay in nagaform all the time for those who wants. I am just weak for female, eh, snakeladies I guess

I think it looks nice though. Well executed idea

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They can say no, ooor make the option to stay in nagaform all the time for those who wants. I am just weak for female, eh, snakeladies I guess

I think it looks nice though. Well executed idea
    It is a nice idea, but they simply aren't naga with the transformation option.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to drop by again and say how amazing this concept and art are, and thank you for making male NE-ish faces that don't look like wrinkled old men or super "I'm always angry Cap" and are varied. I can see a blend of angry, sorrowful, weathered, hardened, and stoic choices! Your concepts cannot be understated

5+ Year Old Account
    Epic job OP, I'd really like to see your suggestions implemented, really nice suggestions /clap
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Why is this called Naga at all.. it’s just Fish-dorei.

15+ Year Old Account
    More elves?

Night Elves, Nightborne, Blood elves, void elves, forest elves, high elves, undead elves, spider elves, goat elves (satyr), water elves (naga), primordial elves (trolls and all their distinct variants)...

World of Elfcraft.

Very well done.

Can people please fuck off with the FUCKING elves already. Jesus christ. Why does everything have to be elves????

If they're gonna make Naga playable, they damn better find a way to make it work with mounts and gear. Otherwise just fuck off with that shit. I don't want Naga if I have to be an elf 50% of the time.

I like the idea of redeemed Naga, or Nazj'dorei, though it sounds only feasible once the source of the corruption is gone (N'zoth rather than Azshara).

I'd also go with an even more distinctive look, otherwise it's just another variety of Elf. Perhaps two arms, two legs, less of a snout for the males, but keeping everything else the same.

Amazing job, really well done but to be honest if I had to play a Naga, I would like to play it as a naga and wait for Blizzard to find a way to fix they tail with mog and mount rather than another variety of elf.