View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It's been twenty minutes, I don't feel any different.
    To feel the benefits of Brexit, you have to be a true believer. Close your eyes, wish for unicorns really hard, then send £50 to Nigel Farage. That should do it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You keep talking about the 17 million. As I've already pointed out to you, 1 million of them are already dead. If you can count dead people, I can certainly count babies.

As for the senile old people, I'm pretty sure most of them were in the 17 million anyway. You can have them.
    Dead people - classy. But since you want to go there, there's a by-election next Thursday in Newport. A Labour constituency that voted 56/44 in favour of leave and yet was represented by a staunchly pro EU MP.

It will be the first chance for the people to indicate how they feel about that in electing their new MP.

Fancy your chances do you? Let's see if remainers celebration of dead brexiteers changes things in their favour... I think you will be surprised.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

To feel the benefits of Brexit, you have to be a true believer. Close your eyes, wish for unicorns really hard, then send £50 to Nigel Farage. That should do it.
    A bit like those preachers in the US that get people to send in money that John Oliver was talking about last year. Except they are more realistic about what will happen with the money.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Dead people - classy. But since you want to go there, there's a by-election next Thursday in Newport. A Labour constituency that voted 56/44 in favour of leave and yet was represented by a staunchly pro EU MP.

It will be the first chance for the people to indicate how they feel about that in electing their new MP.

Fancy your chances do you? Let's see if remainers celebration of dead brexiteers changes things in their favour... I think you will be surprised.
    Who was celebrating? I think you were reading too much into that. I was just pointing out a fact. I can explain what those are, since your posts indicate a lack of experience.

As for elections, bring them on. We will have the EU election soon. Let's see whose base is more motivated to get involved in that. I think you are going to be depressed and terrified.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who was celebrating? I think you were reading too much into that. I was just pointing out a fact. I can explain what those are, since your posts indicate a lack of experience.

As for elections, bring them on. We will have the EU election soon. Let's see whose base is more motivated to get involved in that. I think you are going to be depressed and terrified.
    Hahaha, methinks you are relying too much on feckless lazy students being able to get out of bed and vote. They couldn't be arsed last time and certainly won't this time, after their hangovers from the night before having spent their student loans on funding profits for that great brexiteer Tim Martin of Wetherspoons. Meantime my May 2nd local elections voting card arrived today, safe in the draw primed and ready. I promise you I will be voting, convenient day to hold the general election too. You are right, bring it on...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Her face in the thumnbail is priceless.

> When you want to be the next Margaret Thatcher but end up being the next Neville Chamberlain.
    Oh no worries, plenty will remember her as another Thatcher.

Hahaha, methinks you are relying too much on feckless lazy students being able to get out of bed and vote. They couldn't be arsed last time and certainly won't this time, after their hangovers from the night before having spent their student loans on funding profits for that great brexiteer Tim Martin of Wetherspoons. Meantime my May 2nd local elections voting card arrived today, safe in the draw primed and ready. I promise you I will be voting, convenient day to hold the general election too. You are right, bring it on...
    Minimum time for a general election is 6 weeks (so if one were called right now it wouldn't be until after May 13th), which would start no later than two weeks after a no-confidence motion passes. So if Jeremy Corbyn calls and wins a no-confidence motion in the government next week, assuming May is stubborn enough to try and draw it out the earliest the election could be called is 16 April, with a general election happening in the week of 27 May (the week after the European Parliament elections).

Of course, the Tories would be contesting the election in the middle of a leadership contest, as May promised to not lead the party in the next general election, which would somewhat distract them from the campaign.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2019-03-30 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really the rational racist option is to be in favour of Brexit. Brexit means by necessity a lot of non-European immigrants to cover the spots of the European ones.
    Did you mean that the other way around?

Incidentally, since moving in August, Newport West is my new constituency. If you see me posting on Thursday feel free to yell at me to go and vote. Just in case I forget what day it is
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-03-30 at 01:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Minimum time for a general election is 6 weeks (so if one were called right now it wouldn't be until after May 13th), which would start no later than two weeks after a no-confidence motion passes. So if Jeremy Corbyn calls and wins a no-confidence motion in the government next week, assuming May is stubborn enough to try and draw it out the earliest the election could be called is 16 April, with a general election happening in the week of 27 May (the week after the European Parliament elections).

Of course, the Tories would be contesting the election in the middle of a leadership contest, as May promised to not lead the party in the next general election, which would somewhat distract them from the campaign.
    17 days is the minimum according to the FTPA.

As an aside those poor remainers in the Tory party are about to lose another champion for their cause, just in time for a general election.

https://twitter.com/JacksonNgUK/stat...67306995228672

Who's grieving now? Not me
    Last edited by dribbles; 2019-03-30 at 01:57 AM.

17 days is the minimum according to the FTPA.

As an aside those poor remainers in the Tory party are about to lose another champion for their cause, just in time for a general election.

https://twitter.com/JacksonNgUK/stat...67306995228672

Who's grieving now? Not me
    36 thousand people elect him. Fewer than 200 people deselect him. Is this more of this "democracy" you are so proud of? But shouldn't you be against this anyway? A democratic vote was taken to select him, shouldn't that stand forever? A change of circumstances is never justification for repeating a vote, according to you.

It's almost like this is a perfect example of what a hypocrite you are.

May is trying to get a fourth vote on her deal. But the public should still only get one vote, because it would be insulting to them to ask for another, right?

Shows the contempt and disrespect she has for Parliament. If anybody is deselected it should be her.

With all this blUKIP stuff I sure do hope our media makes as big a deal about entryism as they did when it happened to Labour. I expect the Daily Fail and the tabloids to be absolutely outraged that extremism is infiltrating the Conservatives. Or is it only when it's a left wing issue that it's a problem?

Just send it to Putin, cut out the middle man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    In Denmark you don't even have to register to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

But the English are barely English in the first place, they are descendants of Normans/Saxons/Jutes and whatnot - the original population was killed off.
    "English" comes from the Angles, a tribe who came over with the Saxons and Jutes during the Germanic migrations. However the idea that the original Britons living in the area that became England were displaced or wiped out is false. It was really only the ruling class and their soldiers who were replaced. Genetically the invasions made relatively little impact on the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    "English" comes from the Angles, a tribe who came over with the Saxons and Jutes during the Germanic migrations. However the idea that the original Britons living in the area that became England were displaced or wiped out is false. It was really only the ruling class and their soldiers who were replaced. Genetically the invasions made relatively little impact on the population.
    Hum, apart from the language.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    But Anglo-Saxons were the one group we know did have a substantial impact on the gene pool.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...erman-ancestry
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hum, apart from the language.
    To be fair we were speaking Welsh at the time*, is it any wonder we swapped it for literally anything else that came along?

*although there is a theory going around that parts of post-Roman Britain had started adopting Germanic languages prior to the Anglo-Saxon invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But Anglo-Saxons were the one group we know did have a substantial impact on the gene pool.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...erman-ancestry
    That's a slightly bigger effect than I last read about, but this is something that is often adjusted as they refine their methods. However getting back to the point @Maklor originally made;

“[Our results] suggest that at least 20% of the genetic makeup in this area is from Anglo-Saxon migrants, and that there was mixing,” said Robinson. “It is not genocide or complete disappearance of Britons.”

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I remember being here when they voted leave and those that voted leave were slammed by people here...interesting poll results eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    I remember being here when they voted leave and those that voted leave were slammed by people here...interesting poll results eh?
    This isn't a poll for what you want to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm victim of bartender language. What do you THINK will happen, not what you want to happen.
    Not to dig up old posts but I was curious if I had actually answered the poll as intended (i.e. what you *think* will happen rather than what you *want* to happen); but to be a stickler, in bartender language "What'll it be?" does in fact mean what do you want, not what do you think i'm going to serve you :P

*cough* Sorry, as you were #

(I'm fucking awful at wording polls properly)
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-03-30 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This isn't a poll for what you want to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to dig up old posts but I was curious if I had actually answered the poll as intended (i.e. what you *think* will happen rather than what you *want* to happen); but to be a stickler, in bartender language "What'll it be?" does in fact mean what do you want, not what do you think i'm going to serve you :P

*cough* Sorry, as you were #

(I'm fucking awful at wording polls properly)
    Hmm, yes. I think we established that about 5 minutes after the poll. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to edit polls much like I can't edit the title. You should see my posts, before I re-edit them sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    I remember us slamming those idiots with a pretty accurate prediction of what is happening today.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.