Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Probably not for my skills, but for the fact i can see "your" raid boss. And even receive loot from them.

You are one of the most envious people i have ever met.

I do not want to watch videos with nolifers wiping the 400th time to some raid boss. I just want to jump into the game, have some fun for 30 minutes or one hour, log off and do something together with my family.

I do not want to put in your kind of effort into the game. I do not want to wipe for hours. Thats just your personal precious thing to do. Sure, just go, and wipe again and again if you like it that much. I will not attend you. And considering your questionable character i do not want to.

Here is the solution: Care about your own gameplay. I do not need you to feel bad for me. Go and wipe a hundred times, as you obviously love it that much, and allow me to play the game how i like it.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Sorry, but no tit bonus from me.

Obviously you care that much you had to start a hateful debate of how much i do not deserve to see your valuable raid bosses.

Yet you cannot stand people who clear the bosses without the effort you and your alikes love to put into the game. Wiping for hours, feeling all that pain only a real addict wants to have with having to try weeks with hundreds of wipes.. while you are too blind to see that is only your paradigm of playing games, and not the one of many other players. As like me, for example.

I bet it feels better than sex for you. Or than having a job. Or..

While you didn't. You killed a giant white rabbit sprite in a computer game. Woah.. your kids and their kids still will talk about it once you died in a golden shot of wipes to "Groogar the horrible ubermop" in the "deep, deep dungeon"

.. or, wait, no.. actually noone will ever care about what you achieved in a computer game, and the only reason for many people to play computer games is to have fun in their spare time, and not to replace real life achievements with the pathetic defeat of a pixel boss.

The game is just old. That is all. You have no statistics which show the game is in decline because of LFR. So do not argument with it. All you have is your hatred for players who see all that content you want them to have "put effort in". As i said, you are a miserable, elitist person i hope never to meet in real life.

You replaced your dull life with a raid experience and think everyone has to do that. Gosh, are you pathetic.

I complain because LFR, and raiding in general, has lethal mechanics, which LFR should not have, as being the lowest difficulty for those who want to see the content. Also i complain, that it has too large queue times. Then, i think that grouping up with strangers is nothing that should be a prerequisite, i would like to play it with my followers from the mission table or with NPCs i could hire. Even together with one player or two who are friends.
    Lol I'm not even going to bother reading this, this is just devolving into nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lol I'm not even going to bother reading this, this is just devolving into nonsense.
    Better is. You could face reality.

Remove titanforging. Redesign gear with sockets and socket color bonuses again. Go back to the drawing board with literally every spec and revamp talents (and bake more quality of life type abilities into the specs, like Divine Purpose). Bring back the expansion-wide system of working towards an incredibly powerful item (as seen in MoP and WoD). Hire more longtime players as class designers. Provide waaaay more options for mythic+, including mythic+ versions of timewalking dungeons during their respective weeks. Get the Tinker class prepped and ready for next expansion. No more artifact power grind ever again. Delete mission tables. Delete the faction divide for PVE content and implement a "mercenary mode" for legacy PVE content that had faction-specific outcomes/encounters (example: a Horde player has raid leader for Trial of Crusader, invites an alliance friend to participate... the alliance player is made into a Horde race and sees the Horde version of the raid). Make reputation account wide, with account-wide paragon box progression across all characters.

Go back to the Cataclysm model of raids - 10/25 normal and 10/25 heroic. Remove LFR and replace it with the traditional "flex" system we all loved from MoP.
    Last edited by huanjia; 2019-03-29 at 11:17 PM.

Well first I'd fire Lore... Then I'd flip off the corporate bigwigs that are the real problem and quit.

I would ask for a raise so all the complaints would be worth it.

Clearing bosses in LFR feels nowhere near the same as clearing bosses in mythic. NOWHERE near. Downing a mythic boss feels really damn good. You really feel like you accomplished something as a team. LFR doesn't feel satisfying in the slightest.
    Mythic is not for everyone. If it were, people would not be having this conversation. Some people likes the challenge of beating difficulties, others just like to have "fun". Which is different for everyone.

Which is probably why subs in this game are in a decline,
    Maybe. I personally think the game would have lost even subs if LFR and LFD did not exist. They were created for a reason.

because the way the game is set up now, new players clear LFR, say "that's it?" and log off, never realizing what they're missing out on.
    Possibly. But this is not LFR's fault. It is the players fault. When mods like Raider.io are created to segregate and filter out players. Again these mods were created for a reason.

PUGs are not the best place to learn to raid. Experience players are not interested in helping new players. They want fast efficient groups to enter the raid, kill boss, collect loot in the minimum time required. Given the choice a new player or an experience player, who do you think will be selected in join the raid group?

So you are correct new players are missing out. But what choice do they have when they are competing in a pool of players with more experience and gear than them? What else are there beside LFR in this case? They can join guilds but then they would use LFR so it is not LFR fault.

LFR was created to address a problem. A problem created by the players by putting up walls that prevents some players from accessing those contents.
    Last edited by Sansnom; 2019-03-30 at 01:42 AM.

I would most likely go insane, due to corporate constrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Mythic is not for everyone. If it were, people would not be having this conversation. Some people likes the challenge of beating difficulties, others just like to have "fun". Which is different for everyone.

Maybe. I personally think the game would have lost even subs if LFR and LFD did not exist. They were created for a reason.

Possibly. But this is not LFR's fault. It is the players fault. When mods like Raider.io are created to segregate and filter out players. Again these mods were created for a reason.

PUGs are not the best place to learn to raid. Experience players are not interested in helping new players. They want fast efficient groups to enter the raid, kill boss, collect loot in the minimum time required. Given the choice a new player or an experience player, who do you think will be selected in join the raid group?

So you are correct new players are missing out. But what choice do they have when they are competing in a pool of players with more experience and gear than them? What else are there beside LFR in this case? They can join guilds but then they would use LFR so it is not LFR fault.

LFR was created to address a problem. A problem created by the players by putting up walls that prevents some players from accessing those contents.
    Fairly certain that addons like gearscore, raider.io, etc etc have existed for the entire history of the game.

The problem is 100% that players want gear for little to no effort now and LFR teaches players that they should expect that. Along with the other new loot pinatas that have accompanied BfA. There aren't very many legit pug runs in the game anymore, most of the runs you see listed in LFG for raids/mythic are advertising carries for gold (or cash, even though Blizzard was supposed to have cracked down on that).

Remember that the person I was talking to was saying that LFR is too hard and it should be dumbed down even more.

I'd probably look at the substance of what worked in the past rather than the image of it. What I mean is, Blizzard seems to think people liked the environment or atmosphere of expansions like BC, and spent ample time trying to recreate it. What they miss is that the core of WoW's peak fanbase was playing because it was an MMO R P G.

Emphasis on the last 3 letters. What is an RPG? Complex, deep, and rewarding. The current talent system would be scrapped in favor of one resembling our original one. secondary stats like hit and expertise would return. Gem slots would return in all items, as well as profession bonuses and chest/glove/boot etc. enchants.

Small things like weapon skills would return, not because they did a lot for the game overall, but because it was a nice bit of character building having to master each weapon type. A LOT of cross realm content would be removed in favor of building server communities once more. LFR would be gone, but dungeon group finders would remain and so would the premade group finder.

I'd probably bring back old systems like valor and justice points, and I'd probably go back to progressive daily hubs over world quests. IMO the best daily hub ever added was Molten Front, because it tied in with the current raid, there were huge stakes, and it felt incredibly rewarding and powerful to grow a green lush tree in the Firelands as an act of defiance towards Rag.

Idk. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the systems of the game are lacking heavily. Character building is non-existent, and you're simply handed everything when you hit 120.

Fairly certain that addons like gearscore, raider.io, etc etc have existed for the entire history of the game.
    Exactly. And these mods creates a wall that prevents players from being able to participate in those contents prior to LFR introduction.

The problem is 100% that players want gear for little to no effort now and LFR teaches players that they should expect that.
    Then that is not a problem with LFR. It is a problem with them wanting to be rewarded with minimum effort. Removing LFR will not stop people looking for the quickest part to loot.

Along with the other new loot pinatas that have accompanied BfA.
    Loot is a fundamental part of the game and is the principle element to attract players to play various elements of the game repeatedly. Without it, people would stop once completed since there is no incentives to re-run those content.

Not everyone raids and not everyone enjoys raiding. So Blizzard needs to give these players some loot to chase outside the raid. As far I know, these loot are below those that can obtained from raids. With the exception of the titanforge.

Should mythic raid be available outside of mythic raid? In general no. However, how often does titanforge trigger? If it happens once every 100, then that is a problem and should be removed. If it happens once every 10000, then I do not really see a problem. One non-raider out 10000 with one piece of mythic raid gear. Is this really something to cry about?

Remember that the person I was talking to was saying that LFR is too hard and it should be dumbed down even more.
    I was not addressing the issue of LFR's difficulty. I was answering, and disagreeing that LFR is discouraging players from raiding at a higher difficulty.

Do I think the current LFR is too easy? Yes. Personally, I would have preferred LFR to be a tool to join a raid rather than being a difficulty level in itself. I think 3 levels of difficulty is sufficient that that LFR is a tool to join a raid group.

LFR has lethal mechanics, also it needs you to play together with 24 random people. It should do neither nor. It should have the difficulty of a Warfront, and a weekly quest should award you with a item at the current ilevel of 400 (out of 4 rewards, as like gold, war resouces, items or vanity items). While bosses would drop what is currently ilevel 340-370.

In means of group composition, LFR should be playable solo or with 1 or 2 friends, or NPCs you recruit from your mission table or hire for a run.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-03-30 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Put more people to class design. Fix the classes first thing. Because most of them have significant flaws.
    Do you have any ideas? might be worth pitching them to blizzard to ignore lol.
    Personally i'd focus on having one of each spec completely viable, and allow trinkets/procs make an over powered spec every so often, as long as it isn't always the same class.

Allow specs like Demo, Frost, Sub fall secondary but have cooler effects, i'd have stealth buffs in the works for major patches if one of the pure dps classes falls out of the top dps list, if fire/arcane isn't the best i'd have a bunch of quick hotfixes that make frost pull ahead, same with warlock and rogue/hunter.

I'd focus less on having all the dps/hps/tanks be so close sometimes you just can't balance things perfectly and a great example is warrior in vanilla it was broken but nobody had figured it out at the time.

*edit*
    OOOOH, Something that might be cool.. i might give a 1% dps reduction raid wide if you have more than 8 of one dps spec, but say a dps buff if you have 2 or less just 1% might be pretty minor and could work with healing too keeping things balanced but keep the healing up there.

I'd also love to balance these issues with trinket drops or minor talent changes for patch just to help balance.. say resto shaman/druid are pulling ahead because the raid has massive raid healing, put a 10-20% bonus splash on healing spells.
    Last edited by Mayia; 2019-03-30 at 12:04 PM.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Frost DK was utter shit in MoP though...and not just on the number front...it was literally spam howling blast and frost strike...Not all specs were good in MoP...Unholy during ToT was my favorite time for DK though...so I'd be okay with it from then haha. It's more of finding what made specs/classes the most fun to play and adopt those era's of given spec's peak fun.
    Frost DK's were very strong in arenas in MoP iirc.

Keeping the concept of the Legion artifact progression instead, causing people to say it feels like a tediously infinite grind and that their feedback on that was not listened to, and they quit anyway.

I've dwelled on this a fair but but almost everything I liked about Legion people still complained about constantly. Except mage towers, I think they could bring back that concept without much fuss.

I also would have kept every artifact ability, baking them into the classes to make up for not adding an additional talent row in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove everything that create elitism and exclusivity, such as addons, achievements, ilvl, armory and third party sites, like raider.io, logs etc. Make things untrackable on external sites, I'm sure it's doable.

Make the game inclusive and fun.

Elitism is without doubt one of the most devastating diseases in the game community.

As this thread shows.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back pre wod loot system (only wf with fixed amount of gems on gear) and bring ML back.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    More Class Stories. Constant World events like FATES from FFXIV or Rifts from..RIFT. A currency that is obtainable from doing any content at varying rates. Some Cross-Classing to an extent. Meaningful Max level progression. Meaningful Max tier Crafting.

Basically I would take a lot of FFXIV's endgame and WoW-ify it.
    Aside from crafting, all of the above that you mentioned regarding FF XIV are just worse than WoW's. And let's not start about who wants to play FATEs, because no one does