Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I never knew Jaina was a man.

Hm, interesting.
    It is "ma'am"! xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStag View Post
    I think this is much better https://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-Jaina-P...frcectupt=true can even customize skirt or no skirt lol
    Much better
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

there's several problems with the statue's facial structure:

1. They decided to go full-real life human when she's not meant to be. She's an avatar of a video game character, not an actual person.
    2. Chin too prominent
    3. Regarding the shape of her face, Jaina in cinematics has a "kitten" type of face (shorter and wider, with larger eyes for emphasis) whereas this statue uses the more elongated and narrower "fox" type. Both are widely accepted as attractive facial structures, personal preference usually determining which you believe to be better, but this is about accuracy not attractiveness.
    4. Her eyes are more prominent and cartoonish, you know, like a video game character.
    5. Her cheekbones are not as prominent and the cut of her cheeks not as drastic
    6. The jaw is essentially an invented feature(as far as its featured prominence) compared to the source material. I dont think I'd ever have said "Jaina is quite a handsome woman" before this statue.

I really didnt want to nitpick but once I saw everyone complaining in here I went to see what the big deal is. After looking at it for 30 seconds those are my observations. Please feel free to let me know if you disagree with them, but do include why. It helps.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 2019-03-30 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post

For the weird ones...
    45cm(17,71) 52cm(20,47) 24cm(9,45)
    Wow, that one is legit so much better lol.

Dear Snowstorm, when will you finally nerf Outlaw Rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    That Jaina face lol.

This is pretty much what I have come to expect from the "Blizzard quality".
    Gotta love it when the fans tell the creators that they're doing their own creations wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStag View Post
    I think this is much better https://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-Jaina-P...frcectupt=true can even customize skirt or no skirt lol
    Indeed, this one is lovely but 3 times the price too. :P

For the weird ones...
    250$ is the cost for the Elemental. It's over 850$ for both.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-03-30 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Indeed, this one is lovely but 3 times the price too. :P
    What?

Listed at $335 for me when I click the link. That's $15 cheaper.

And to be fair that at least includes an Elemental which looks pretty badass. Looks 1000x better than the crappy Blizzard one and is basically a statue and a half. And is taller.

I'd actually support the fan made one with the Elemental as it look like actual effort went into it.

Hell Play Arts Kai minions have more effort put into them than the $350 one and those look way better. And those are basically figures not statues.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-30 at 04:32 PM.

For the weird ones...
    Left one depicts a realistic mid 40s bfa Jaina, the right one is still on her 20s WOTLK Jaina

Yeah I'm sure all you guys would've paid the piper and bought the statue if Jaina's face was "right".
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I miss $20 action figures. Can we bring those back for WoW? I loved the old ones.

350$ for this? Not like you bleed money out of your customers enough already.

this game is pay to win the reason i can t clear jaian mythic is i don t have the jaina statue

For the weird ones...
    i will not say that the Right one look better, since the blizzard store one, goes for a diferent style. But that one with Elemental cost 3 times more, i own it and with shippment costme almost 1k dollar.

So yeah stop saying that cost 250$ only bc that is the prince of the elemental only.

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    i will not say that the Right one look better, since the blizzard store one, goes for a diferent style. But that one with Elemental cost 3 times more, i own it and with shippment costme almost 1k dollar.

So yeah stop saying that cost 250$ only bc that is the prince of the elemental only.
    Plus the asian version looks pretty... slutty, as almost all recent asian art is - whilist the portrayal of Jaina in BfA is a more of a mature look. If the asian one gets you off that's ok but that's not -Jaina- either, as she is -now-.

I still wouldn't buy either tho. Not really a collector of action figures. So I don't really have a cow in this but all the art connoseurs flinging crap around really is hilarious.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't even look like Jaina. Horrible. :S

I want it but I hate the face. So im not gonna buy it. Is there any hope for them to fix it if we complain enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, the master is handsculpted, and then copies are made with a mould. Someone has to sculpt these miniatures, you know.
    I'm pretty sure it's modelled in a 3d program and printed, but whatever, I won't buy it so or so. and that price, for a 3d printed copy of a sculpted miniature...

Must've been made by someone who never saw any of the cinematics with Jaina. That is a completely different character wearing Jaina's attire...

Blizzard quality these days

I think the main issue is that Blizzard went with a more realistic appearance for the statue. Something you might see more in a more realstic looking cartoon or even real life, or a cross between the 2.
    The in game models are much more cartoon style. Something you would see airing after school or on the weekend (yes, I’m that old).
    I won’t say it’s bad, but I personally don’t like it because it doesn’t fit the in game art style. The style everyone associates with the game. If the art style was like this in game I doubt people would be so upset by it.
    That said, it still doesn’t look right as the difference of in game art style differs so much and I won’t buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's modelled in a 3d program and printed, but whatever, I won't buy it so or so. and that price, for a 3d printed copy of a sculpted miniature...
    Must have been Microsoft Paint 3D then if it looks that bad.