Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The first sentence refers to the World Tree. "Elsewhere" here refers to elsewhere from the World Tree. However many went into Stormwind, they were far fewer than their total population before hand. The text doesn't make sense linguistically under another interpretation.

Earlier in the story, Delaryn points out the inefficacy of evacuation and how while because they're getting them through by ones and twos they can't possibly cover as many as they'd like.
    Both "far to few" and "Elsewhere" refer to the NE living outside Darnassus.

Quote Originally Posted by ausoin View Post
    ...Yes, that's what I'm saying. And at that point that included those in Stormwind. Those in Stormwind are far too few relative to all those lost in Darnassus.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Except they got word turned the entire fleet around, Shandris even commended them for their ruse. Later bombarding the horde forces and getting some of their boats boarded etc.
    Sigh...

Again it makes no sense for the BULK of their entire military on a dozen of ships, who instead of trying to land using smaller boats, they just stood around while the sailors were firing the canons.

It was in that moment, she was willing to hand everything over to the horde without a fight.
    What fight? Its was all over at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

...Yes, that's what I'm saying. And at that point that included those in Stormwind. Those in Stormwind are far too few relative to all those lost in Darnassus.
    Umm no.... It refered to those outside of Darnasus living elsewhere, and by elsewhere not in Stormwind but in other regions like in Kalimdor and the Broken shore. She had this thougths while in Stormwind, when you are in one location and use the word "elsewhere" you prob dont mean the place where you currently are.
    Last edited by ausoin; 2019-03-30 at 10:07 PM.

Yes and they were evacuating for days. You just twisted the meaning "too few elsewhere" to "too few survivors from Darnassus".
    Now here comes overall lore into play, because night elves settlements were all decimated over the years all over the world and now their core territories got utterly decimated, ashenvale filled to the brim with wisps of the recently slain, Teldrassil going up in smoke, the nightmare taking its toll on Val'sharah just a few months prior etc.

- - - Updated - - -

[
    What fight? Its was all over at that point.
    And why was it over, because Tyrande was shirking her duty to her people, being their shield. Proactively defending her people and temple, the moment everything seemed lost she did nothing trying to stall just for a moment longer, or actually try to console the pope left behind, no she grabs malfurion and tells you hey go to darnassus and take over for me.

- - - Updated - - -

It refers to every single surviving night elf on the planet in comparison to their former population.

Umm no.... It refered to those outside of Darnasus living elsewhere, and by elsewhere not in Stormwind but in other regions like in Kalimdor and the Broken shore. She had this thoughs while in Stormwind, when you are in one location and use the word "elsewhere" you prob dont mean the place where you currently are.
    How do you come to this conclusion from what she says? Tyrande makes no distinction between Stormwind and other places in the sentence, only between Darnassus and everywhere else. The sentence begins by characterizing how inhabited Darnassus was, how 'countless' are now dead and how now those who are 'elsewhere', i.e anywhere that is elsewhere from Darnassus are too few.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Now here comes overall lore into play, because night elves settlements were all decimated over the years all over the world and now their core territories got utterly decimated, ashenvale filled to the brim with wisps of the recently slain, Teldrassil going up in smoke, the nightmare taking its toll on Val'sharah just a few months prior etc.
    Far to few NE are elswhere, yes. But again you twisted it like it refers to the people of Darnassus, which it didnt.

- - - Updated - - -

And why was it over, because Tyrande was shirking her duty to her people, being their shield. Proactively defending her people and temple, the moment everything seemed lost she did nothing trying to stall just for a moment longer, or actually try to console the pope left behind, no she grabs malfurion and tells you hey go to darnassus and take over for me.
    No.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you come to this conclusion from what she says? Tyrande makes no distinction between Stormwind and other places in the sentence, only between Darnassus and everywhere else. The sentence begins by characterizing how inhabited Darnassus was, how 'countless' are now dead and how now those who are 'elsewhere', i.e anywhere that is elsewhere from Darnassus are too few.
    When you are in one place and say "elsewhere" you dont inlcude the place you currently are. Thats how we talk in day to day speech.

Far to few NE are elswhere, yes. But again you twisted it like it refers to the people of Darnassus, which it didnt.

It refers to the entire race

No.
    Well I disagree and will continue to disagree

It refers to the entire race
    No it didnt.

Well I disagree and will continue to disagree
    So will I

When you are in place and say "elsewhere" you dont inlcude the place you currently are. Thats how we talk in day to day speech.
    If I'm in New York and say "A lot of hipsters live in LA, too few are elsewhere." am I referring to the number of hipsters in NY or LA? Would that answer change if I were in Siberia instead? No. Because the sentence refers to the location mentioned, not to where the person is.

She's still alive and in charge despite her incompetence.

No it didnt.
    This is a dead giveaway that it means the entire race

Now, they were all who remained of their people.

This is a dead giveaway that it means the entire race
    No it doesnt, if one dude died in Darnassus and the rest evacuated, the population in Stormwind would still be "all who remained"

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm in New York and say "A lot of hipsters live in LA, too few are elsewhere." am I referring to the number of hipsters in NY or LA? Would that answer change if I were in Siberia instead? No. Because the sentence refers to the location mentioned, not to where the person is.
    If you are currently where the largest group of hipsters are in the world, and say "far too few elsewhere" you dont refer to the place you are now.

No it doesnt, if one dude died in Darnassus and the rest evacuated, the population in Stormwind would still be "all who remained"
    Yet all who are elsewhere on the planet compromise all that is left of the race, which she then further in calling them far too few. It encompasses all in comparison to darnassus thus meaning all night elves that were currently outside of Teldrassil are a drop in the bucket in comparison to those who just burned.

Yet all who are elsewhere on the planet compromise all that is left of the race, which she then further in calling them far too few. It encompasses all in comparison to darnassus thus meaning all night elves that were currently outside of Teldrassil are a drop in the bucket in comparison to those who just burned.
    If you are currently where the largest group of people are in the world, and say "far too few elsewhere" you dont refer to the place you are now.

If you are currently where the largest group of hipsters are in the world, and say "far too few elsewhere" you dont refer to the place you are now.
    She says that the people in Darnassus were 'countless' and that the people outside of Darnassus, which by definition includes Stormwind were 'too few'. It's pretty cut and dry.

Your latter point is wrong. When I say "LA has a lot of hipsters, there are too few away from it." the 'it' in this case is 'LA', no matter where I am when making the sentence, because the point of comparison is not where I currently am.

She says that the people in Darnassus were 'countless' and that the people outside of Darnassus, which by definition includes Stormwind were 'too few'. It's pretty cut and dry.

Your latter point is wrong. When I say "LA has a lot of hipsters, there are too few away from it." the 'it' in this case is 'LA', no matter where I am when making the sentence, because the point of comparison is not where I currently am.
    No.

When you are in a place with the largest group and say "far to few elswhere" you mean others places. It does matter where you are.
    Last edited by ausoin; 2019-03-30 at 10:22 PM.

No.

When you are in a place with the largest group and say far to few elswhere you mean others places.
    The sentence has Darnassus as its point of comparison, not Stormwind. She doesn't even imply that Stormwind is somehow an exception. Every epithet used in that series of sentences bashes you over the head with how severe this loss of population was and how few remain as a result of torching the tree.

Does it really matter if they are few or not? Aparently they have enough army to threaten Orgrimmar if the World Quests are reliable and to take Darkshore. The Horde races are almost extinct and yet they have enough power to cause two powerful wars.

If you are currently where the largest group of people are in the world, and say "far too few elsewhere" you dont refer to the place you are now.
    The fixed location is not the one she stands on, but the one she reflects from, which is Teldrassil not Stormwind.

Killed a few ghouls in WC3 then fell in a river. Thats about it.