Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 31 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    The First Ironman is pretty well regarded as one of the top MCU movies. How do you have that in the same group and BP or Thor?
    As each origin story came to us, they tended to get better.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    I can agree to that. XD
    I think she did an ok (not great, but not horrible) job for a character who has Amnesia and who is constantly being advised to suppress her emotions.

Added spoiler tags just in case
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I think she did an ok (not great, but not horrible) job for a character who has Amnesia and who is constantly being advised to suppress her emotions.

Added spoiler tags just in case
    I was talking about this type of flat. XD

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, touché!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

7+ Year Old Account
    Chinese poster

Huh, Valkyrie?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Huh, Valkyrie?
    She got alien tech, bow guy got...uh, a bow...stone age weapon..

She got space ship with awesome gunz

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I doubt that Nebula or Stark are in that scene. That feels very "Hulk in the last trailer" to me.
    They were omitted in previous trailers so it's hard to say which is real. At least with putting Hulk in Wakanda was easy whereas putting them in the suits and the scene seem a bit more trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    I'm sure this has probably already been brought up in the previous 30+ pages....but I'm really worried about Captain Marvel just showing up and saving the day. Nothing against her character (although I thought Larson was a bit stiff in her movie), but it would be so deflating to watch a newcomer just save the day after 10+ years of the original Avengers leading us up to this point.

I really hope she has a minor role.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the "shills" are the ones claiming it's the worst thing ever because LIBRULS or something.

You were mostly right in your fist line - it was an ok Marvel story but nothing amazing. My main gripe was with Larson, she really just seemed too flat for the role. And then there are times she tries to come off as sly or funny and it just doesn't work.
    The biggest part of that was in the very start of the movie on the Skrull ship where she was like "Any of you know how to get these off? No? Guess we do it the hard way" was delivered SOOOOO flat and way too quickly and just left a bad taste in my mouth. The scene where she and Maria are talking when Fury and her daughter leave the room, I actually teared up a little from Maria's comments about why she was upset because she can actually act.

I saw the movie the day it came out with an open mind regardless of how much of a dirtbag I feel that Larson is and still thought the movie was ok, but she was definitely a bad choice in terms of solid acting.

They could have also toned down the feminist bullshit like the "You know why they call it a cockpit" littered through the whole movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Huh, Valkyrie?
    It was confirmed long ago that she had SOME sort of role in it. The size is not really known. I mean Wong was in IW but for basically 1-2 scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't Tom Holland like a gymnast before? Definitely got a good butt on him compared to her though. You can't hide a good butt in spandex so it definitely wasn't in some attempt to unsex her. Then again I have a pretty good butt and don't really do anything to get it or keep it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

It's kinnda meh, okay as Marvel movies go, but nothing special; yet shills will claim it's the best thing ever.
    The worst part is that it retcons some things that were established in previous movies. (and when the CAT is the best part of the movie there's something really wrong.... and that part is an internet meme by now)
    What did it retcon?

someones gonna need to die for the soul gem.

I hope its not Cap,

But I feel like its gonna be Cap.

Please dont be Cap..

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    someones gonna need to die for the soul gem.

I hope its not Cap,

But I feel like its gonna be Cap.

Please dont be Cap..
    I'm guessing he'll die tanking Thanos while the rest of the team goes around his back and gets the gauntlet or executes whatever their mcguffin plan is.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have been thinking a bit, and would it not make sense, if Thanos was not the bad guy in Endgame? Like, he won and he is no longer a threat in anyway. The gauntlet seems broken and the heroes are dead.

I have a bit of a hunch, that something else will be the villian in Endgame and Thanos will just be a distraction.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Like, he won and he is no longer a threat in anyway. The gauntlet seems broken and the heroes are dead.
    He is the most powerful being in the universe. If the Avengers try to reverse the snap, he will come back from retirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been thinking a bit, and would it not make sense, if Thanos was not the bad guy in Endgame?
    Given Thanos character, I think this is a good chance, and would make for an interesting movie. Thanos won. Now he's at peace. Sure, he might want to keep the heroes from "fixing" things, but frankly he might not even be aware they're doing it, though he probably is, he might not care. ALL of them couldn't beat him, half of them certainly wont.

But he does still have all the gems. So at the very least is the solution is going to come about thanks to the gems, they'll need to find him, and even if he doesn't think the heroes are a threat, he's unlikely to part with them.

I've also been kinda wondering, Thanos got rid of "half the life" in the universe, what does that do for singular creatures like himself? The death of Groot implies there are other groots. Because it wouldn't make much sense to spare say, 100% of the Kree and kill 100% of humans. For all we know, Thanos might have dusted himself, it's just taking a while because comics.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    He is the most powerful being in the universe. If the Avengers try to reverse the snap, he will come back from retirement.
    But he still got what he wanted? Would it not be much within his character to say "whatever happens now is out of my hands. If you manage to bring them all back, then it is something that was ment to happen. I did what i set out to do, lost everything and now i leave the rest to the universe."

Sure, there might be a conflict with him having payed everything for this and then somebody want to reverse it, but then his conflict would just be endless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Given Thanos character, I think this is a good chance, and would make for an interesting movie. Thanos won. Now he's at peace. Sure, he might want to keep the heroes from "fixing" things, but frankly he might not even be aware they're doing it, though he probably is, he might not care. ALL of them couldn't beat him, half of them certainly wont.

But he does still have all the gems. So at the very least is the solution is going to come about thanks to the gems, they'll need to find him, and even if he doesn't think the heroes are a threat, he's unlikely to part with them.

I've also been kinda wondering, Thanos got rid of "half the life" in the universe, what does that do for singular creatures like himself? The death of Groot implies there are other groots. Because it wouldn't make much sense to spare say, 100% of the Kree and kill 100% of humans. For all we know, Thanos might have dusted himself, it's just taking a while because comics.
    I think that while he did say, that 50% of every living being in the universe would die, i without a doubt had some control over the effect. Like, he promised to not kill Tony and he himself looked forward to seeing the world after he had made it good again. So it would be quite odd if he dusted himself by accident.

The thing that really pushes me into the idea, is that none of the promotional material we have seen about endgame, actually shows Thanos or them fighting him, not even a single conflict. It would be so much more fun, if the adventure was more about them finding other ways to get them back or maybe somehow could make Thanos come on their side and return everything to how it was before.

I just think it would be kinda anti-climatic if Captain Marvel and Ant-man is all that is needed to help push the power balance in the Avengers favor. Like in Justice Leaque, where Superman pretty much defeated SteppenWolf alone. It would be much more interesting if he literally just gave up and refused to fight.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by quijote3000 View Post
    Haven't seen it yet. Is it THAT bad?
    The movie was fine, not the dumpster fire he seems to think it was, not the best marvel film ever either. I definitely enjoyed it, probably ranks somewhere in the middle of all their films.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Considering it's still the lowest rated MCU film
    But it's not.
    But he still got what he wanted? Would it not be much within his character to say "whatever happens now is out of my hands. If you manage to bring them all back, then it is something that was ment to happen. I did what i set out to do, lost everything and now i leave the rest to the universe."
    I don't think that would be within his character at all. Ruining a hard day's work and (in his mind) endangering the fate of life in the universe? He's going to be pissed.
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2019-03-29 at 08:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Probably talking about audience score on RT. Which isn't reflective of much as we know trolls have been targeting it non-stop(which is still apparently and issue if you look at the stats).
    You can see the score distribution at Metacritic
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/captain-marvel
    It was obviously brigaded.
    But all in all, it's in the bottom half of MCU - but not the very bottom.

The thing that really pushes me into the idea, is that none of the promotional material we have seen about endgame, actually shows Thanos or them fighting him, not even a single conflict. It would be so much more fun, if the adventure was more about them finding other ways to get them back or maybe somehow could make Thanos come on their side and return everything to how it was before.
    But I think it's been said that all the stuff we've seen so far is from like, the first 15 minutes. It's a 37 hour movie (or, something like that) so the commercials and trailers are not previews, they're just commercials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    You can see the score distribution at Metacritic
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/captain-marvel
    It was obviously brigaded.
    But all in all, it's in the bottom half of MCU - but not the very bottom.
    It's also got it's own thread (which at times IS a dumpster fire...) so probably not worth debating it too much here. Not singling you out, and I've no authority in any case, just sayin, there should be plenty to talk about End Game without retreading Captain Marvel.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account

-snipped for off-topic-ness.-

Hopefully the focus wont be on the white man hating feminazi bitch. But it probably will

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2019-03-31 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.