Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Black Temple trailer has always been one of my favorites, really liked how he did this one. I really miss trailers like these that tell a proper backstory of the place your going to raid, rather than focussing to much on characters with little to no story to the raid itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Illidan was supposedly gone insane after being beaten by Arthas to the point that he believed he had been the victor of the fight.
    Part of Illidan's soul was trapped inside Frostmourne after he was defeated by Arthas at Icecrown, leaving him more unstable than he already was with the skull of Gul'Dan's power. Only after Frostmourne was shattered during ICC was his soul restored entirely, as it returned to his essence in the twisting nether.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

My favorite patch trailer, and my favorite raid of all time. Never had such a good time in Wow as I had then. Thanks for reminding me with this nice remaster!

The last minute is particularly epic!

The change from Kael'thas model to a Blood Elf model just to make it talk felt bad...

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Another fantastic trailer by IKedit
    Indeed, though it feels like a missed opportunity he didn't use WoD Karabor for the flashbacks. I Get they might have tried to keep as close to the original, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Part of Illidan's soul was trapped inside Frostmourne after he was defeated by Arthas at Icecrown, leaving him more unstable than he already was with the skull of Gul'Dan's power. Only after Frostmourne was shattered during ICC was his soul restored entirely, as it returned to his essence in the twisting nether.
    Where was this mentioned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where was this mentioned?
    IIRC, the prequel book regarding legion discussed Illidan in depth. Never got to read it myself, but from a passage i read here, it was discussed how Frostmourne had trapped part of his soul. Unfortunately this is purely anecdotal since it was a quip another user paraphrased.

Other than that, fan theory that honestly fills the gap better than any BS Blizzard has put out to justify killing Illidan in BC.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Amazing work as always. This was always one of my favorite raid trailers. I'd love to see him re-do the vanilla Naxx trailer.

Uldir is the starter raid so they typically don't get a trailer. BoD has one though. Full of some Rastakhan goodness.

it was for the black temple patch, not the raid itself, they had these for along time, patch trailers, and this was one of them, but they made it just a "black temple" trailer.
    unliek the cinematic you played above it was not played ingame, it was purely promotinal.
    https://youtu.be/g3Uh8WHTtmw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RJB8q3O2s4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yYHzkBfQ3c

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    So, one lonely boi can recreate ingame cinematics, but a multi-million company cant???
    why would they recreate them?
    also they already hired tons of these people like Hurricane who did the movie quality cinematics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    The change from Kael'thas model to a Blood Elf model just to make it talk felt bad...
    yeah that plus the use of old models instead of new... like the old abyssal instead of the new infernal... and why not use a new kaelthas instead of switching?

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC, the prequel book regarding legion discussed Illidan in depth. Never got to read it myself, but from a passage i read here, it was discussed how Frostmourne had trapped part of his soul. Unfortunately this is purely anecdotal since it was a quip another user paraphrased.

Other than that, fan theory that honestly fills the gap better than any BS Blizzard has put out to justify killing Illidan in BC.
    yeah TBC they didnt know how long the game would last, and really just wanted to use up all their most well known charecters.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-03-31 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Why not? Is this actually something you're going to have a problem with and complain about?
    No, I genuinly wonder why. Hence my question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    Jesus, go take yer damn meds.
    What a strange and uncalled for answer.
    Last edited by Amerissis; 2019-03-31 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    So, one lonely boi can recreate ingame cinematics, but a multi-million company cant???
    Why would they?

It's literally an issue of "do you want new cinematics or remade old ones?" And not just for WoW; for all Blizzard games. The cinematics team for Blizzard does the cinematics for all of their IPs.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

IIRC, the prequel book regarding legion discussed Illidan in depth.
    The novel, Illidan? That was never mentioned, and he was retconned to be completely sane and just working on long-term plan to defeat the Legion with his Demon Hunters.

Yeah, that never happened. The novel made him a good-guy-all-along person, there wasn't anything about Frostmourne or Arthas.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    The novel, Illidan? That was never mentioned, and he was retconned to be completely sane and just working on long-term plan to defeat the Legion with his Demon Hunters.
    i mean he was never developed to be crazy, he was always pointed to being against the legion, ever since his conception.
    just in TBC he randomly sent some blood elves to shatrath for some reason..?

nothing was retconned, things were just explained, that is not retconning.

"I broke the vase"
    "I tripped and broke the vase" is not a retcon, it is explaining how/why

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean he was never developed to be crazy, he was always pointed to being against the legion, ever since his conception.

"I broke the vase"
    He had a zone broadcast in lines of "I defeated Arthas so you're screwed aswell". He was cuckoo.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    He had a zone broadcast in lines of "I defeated Arthas so you're screwed aswell". He was cuckoo.
    what? can you link this?

"I broke the vase"
    No, but we were told in a number of places that Illidan had gone mad, obsessing over his defeat against Arthas, twisting it in his mind that he was the victor, not Arthas.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Waking_Legends
    Malfurion Stormrage says: Cenarius fights at my side. Illidan sits atop his throne in Outland – brooding. I'm afraid that the loss to Arthas proved to be his breaking point. Madness has embraced him, Remulos. He replays the events in his mind a thousand times per day, but in his mind, he is the victor and Arthas is utterly defeated. He is too far gone, old friend. I fear that the time may soon come that our bond is tested and it will not be as it was at the Well in Zin-Azshari.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Damning_Evidence
    As you may have noticed, there are servants of the Burning Legion all over Manaforge Ara. Kael'thas has entered an alliance with the Burning Legion. He must've caught wind of Illidan's descent into insanity and switched paymasters accordingly.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, but we were told in a number of places that Illidan had gone mad, obsessing over his defeat against Arthas, twisting it in his mind that he was the victor, not Arthas.
    Ahhh good old vanilla and tbc lore....

what? can you link this?
    This was NOT easy to dig up: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Battle_of_..._Watch_(quest)

Marcus Auralion whispers: Quickly! Get to the middle of the platform! Illidan's fury is soon to be unleashed!
    Illidan Stormrage appears, manifesting through one of the Fel Crystals.
    Lord Illidan Stormrage yells: What manner of fool dares stand before Illidan Stormrage? Soldiers, destroy these insects!
    Ten Illidari Soldiers - made up of blood elves, felguards, terrorguards and at least one nathrezim - appear and engage the party.
    Lord Illidan Stormrage yells: You are no challenge for the Crimson Sigil. Mind breakers, end this nonsense!
    Two Mind Breakers appear and engage the party.
    Lord Illidan Stormrage yells: Run while you still can. The highlords come soon...
    Four Illidari Highlords appear and engage the party.
    Lord Illidan Stormrage yells: Torloth, your master calls!
    Torloth the Magnificent appears and kneels before the Fel Crystal.
    Torloth the Magnificent says: At your command my liege...
    Lord Illidan Stormrage says: Destroy them, Torloth. Let loose their blood like a river upon this hallowed ground.
    Torloth the Magnificent says: As you desire, Lord Illidan.
    Torloth the Magnificent says: For Lord Illidan, I would sacrifice even this magnificent physique. On this day, you will fall - another victim of Torloth...
    Torloth the Magnificent attacks the party.
    Lord Illidan Stormrage yells: So you have defeated the Crimson Sigil. You now seek to challenge my rule? Not even Arthas could defeat me, yet you dare to even harbor such thoughts? Then I say to you, come! Come <name>! The Black Temple awaits...
    Marcus Auralion says: Return to Shattrath, hero. Seek out the wisdom of A'dal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    yeah these are TBC quests, so yes i guess they did retcon these. But to be fair TBC and Vanilla is back when their lore was just... rule of cool to all extent, and really made no lick of sense here or there.
    also to be fair arthas did not beat him, he almost did, but he didnt finish the job. so idk hes accurate kinda?

yeah these are TBC quests, so yes i guess they did retcon these. But to be fair TBC and Vanilla is back when their lore was just... rule of cool to all extent, and really made no lick of sense here or there.
    also to be fair arthas did not beat him, he almost did, but he didnt finish the job. so idk hes accurate kinda?
    Yeah, I'm not really against the retcon either but Illidan was portrayed as a madman in TBC. Also I'm not 100% on this one, but wasn't Illidan dead, after their fight? With TBC they said he was rushed to the ER by Vashj and Kael? I might be making this one up, it's been like a decade but that's what I remember about it

Tho, lol @ your sig. What a joke of a guy, isn't he?