Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dont understand why everyone is arguing about vashj'irs 3d mechanics it's not like developpers cant learn from their mistakes and, say... have the Zone be entirely underwater but work exactly as if it were a normal zone where you are stuck to the ground.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2019-03-31 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Mother of typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I agree, it is pretty shit. Especially as someone who loved Vashj'ir and how it portrayed the Naga on their home turf. 8.2's Nazjatar is going to feel pretty fake compared to that.

Vashj'ir was, and still is, the best zone in the game, ignoring music.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    But they give players flying with Nazjatar
    6.2 will give us flying in Kul Tiras and Zandalar.

If you think they'll allow flying in Nazjatar, you are sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I agree, it is pretty shit. Especially as someone who loved Vashj'ir and how it portrayed the Naga on their home turf. 8.2's Nazjatar is going to feel pretty fake compared to that.
    As I said, I had the marked impression since, say, 2004 (and before) that the defining characteristic of the Nagas is that they are fracking tired of living underwater.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-03-31 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    That's one interpretation, the other is that they learned from feedback and tried to improve upon it. Do they always get it right? Surely not, but I loved Vashj'ir as well - I have never levelled in there again. It was a nice experience, that I don't need to repeat.
    Depending on the class, it does bring a few issues with it as well. Certain targeted AOE abilities like rain of fire become entirely useless unless you have the ability to collect enough mobs on the ground level of the zone.

So that zone would require a rework of how certain ability kinds work in a 3d environment, also the issue with mobs having a much bigger range when it comes to the z plane.
    If you never levelled in there again you didn't love it. Whenever I level a character I always go Vashj'ir when I get to the Cata levels. Nothing else comes close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Vashj'ir was, and still is, the best zone in the game, ignoring music.
    The music was very serene and fit the atmosphere really well

- - - Updated - - -

They care so little about Vashj'ir that they can't even be bothered to fix the final quest in that zone lol, it's been broken for like 7 years

Vashjr was barely good enough to level through, it was pretty annoying otherwise. Biggest issue with 3d combat like that is dropping things like totems, and the issues with vertical hitboxing. While it could be ok looking, I definitely don't think it was spectacular looking.

Whole zones being underwater just kind of... sucks. And it really ruins the whole being underwater aspect, because it's not special. The best blizzard has done with underwater is when you dive down to recover proudmoores body as Horde. You got special mechanics and a sense that underwater meant something.

Catering kills, completely ignoring feedback kills as well.

Blizzard continues to do both, and they manage every single time to upset a big chunk of players, or completely ignore all feedback, and come up with something completely dumb, because they know better.

So what if it was completely underwater? Well I'll tell you why, because then they would have to create more water mounts. But wait, those mounts also have a very high swimming speed, so that means players will complete content much faster. No, that is not how the company works, company needs players to play more and more, and gate every single shit they can.

I found Vashjir actually fun, and exotic. Of course they could've made tons of improvements to it, but let's remember how big Cataclysm actually was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    As I said, I had the marked impression since, say, 2004 (and before) that the defining characteristic of the Nagas is that they are fracking tired of living underwater.
    Don't know where you got that from considering how they look down on 'landwalkers'.

From my understanding, the area will be split between underwater questing and dry questing areas (I assume from magic).

Pretty much - Blizz just caters to the people who complain and deliver watered-down, uncreative shit instead of actually making the game they envision.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

they said it would be available in nazjatar and mechagon soooooo nah you are mistaken....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if it was 100% underwater people would be complaining.
    this is not a stupid fuckup, this is the community HATING underwater zones.
    That's something people can't grasp. A lot of WoW's changes are because the community didn't want it. People like this cry that the rpg aspects are gone. Well guess what. Most of the community hated having to carry arrows and reagents, having to level weapon skills, having to keep feeding a pet...ect..ect. So they were removed. People hated Vash'jir, so Nazjatar isn't completely underwater.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I dont understand why everyone is arguing about vashj'irs 3d mechanics it's not like developpers cant learn from their mistakes and, say... have the Zone be entirely underwater but work exactly as if it were a normal zone where you are stuck to the ground.
    Now that would be the most stupid "solution". I'm still drowning, fighting "flying" fish, but I can't even swim?

Raising Nazjatar to the surface is the most logical if they want to avoid underwater problems. They just need to write a good reason for that. Perhaps the Naga are not actually happy at the bottom of the sea with barely any sunlight. They have invaded our coast lines since the dawn of Warcraft after all.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Pretty much - Blizz just caters to the people who complain and deliver watered-down [..]
    And here I thought you were complaining because it contains less water.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    That's something people can't grasp. A lot of WoW's changes are because the community didn't want it. People like this cry that the rpg aspects are gone. Well guess what. Most of the community hated having to carry arrows and reagents, having to level weapon skills, having to keep feeding a pet...ect..ect. So they were removed. People hated Vash'jir, so Nazjatar isn't completely underwater.
    Those people are fucking casuals who should go play Hello Kitty. When WoW started those people weren't part of the community. They came later and made Blizzard change the game into the dogshit we have today.

Thank fuck we're getting WoW Classic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Catering kills, completely ignoring feedback kills as well.

Blizzard continues to do both, and they manage every single time to upset a big chunk of players, or completely ignore all feedback, and come up with something completely dumb, because they know better.

So what if it was completely underwater? Well I'll tell you why, because then they would have to create more water mounts. But wait, those mounts also have a very high swimming speed, so that means players will complete content much faster. No, that is not how the company works, company needs players to play more and more, and gate every single shit they can.

I found Vashjir actually fun, and exotic. Of course they could've made tons of improvements to it, but let's remember how big Cataclysm actually was.
    Wow this is heelvsbabyface level conspiracy
    They are literally listening to the community, by not making it underwater

also i love how you literally say blizzard both caters to the community, but literally ignores the entire community.
    "Catering kills, completely ignoring feedback kills as well. Blizzard continues to do both"

"then they would have to create more underwater mounts!'
    you mean like how in the last 2 expansions they have made about 6 (3 new unique models, more then the 2 unique models before) new underwater mounts?

also if they wanted to keep players slow, why would they allow flying in nazjatar, which is even faster then swimming..?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-03-31 at 03:11 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So OP is crying that Blizzard "caved" to their players, but we all know if they had made the zones underwater OP would be here whining about how Blizzard is out of touch with their players.

Can we just reban him again and get it over with?
    Sometimes I don't get why we have no perma bans here. For example scarecrowz spend more time being banned than posting and somehow they still unban him. I get purpose of 2nd chance, but 25th chance? C'mon.

I would love to see subforum where only banned people are allow to post without moderation (beside cleaning "afafzvawa" posts) so rest of us could just watch this and eat popcorn. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Sure

I prefer this source over your words

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Pretty much - Blizz just caters to the people who complain and deliver watered-down, uncreative shit instead of actually making the game they envision.
    so wait im confused is it blizzartds fault for listenign to the players?
    or blizzards fault for not listenign to the players... im confused.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yeah, like they gave players flying with Antorus.
    They gave players flying with Tomb of Sargeras.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann