Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Next will be a range, mail wearing class.

From all the ideas, wishes and speculations, we can dig something for sure, we still only have 2 mail wearing classes in the game, where plate, leather and cloth are highly represented.

It is a rather obvious thing that mail will either disappear or move on, it is a rare armor at this point as either leather or plate seem to make more sense.

So my bet is that it will be a mail wearing class.

Also,
    DK = melee,
    Monk = melee and healer,
    DH = melee,
    chances are that Blizzard will complement the game on that area and give us a ranger/caster who uses mail.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by shise; 2019-04-01 at 08:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    From all the ideas, wishes and speculations, we can dig something for sure, we still only have 2 mail wearing classes in the game, where plate, leather and cloth are highly represented.

It is a rather obvious thing that mail will either disappear or move on, it is a rare armor at this point as either leather or plate seem to make more sense.

So my bet is that it will be a mail wearing class. Also, DK = melee, Monk = melee and healer, DH = melee, chances are that Blizzard will compliment the game on that area and give us a ranger/caster who uses mail.

What are your thoughts?
    Honestly, more importantly, we need a mail wearing NON-magical class by now *cough* Tinker *cough*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No need for another mail class.

1. Shaman 'Earth Warden' Tank
    2. Hunter 'survival' healer

3. (leather, I know) ranged 'something something' monk dps would be great)
    Going to a two talent row tree with tank-melee choices in one and healer-ranged in the other. Similar to when BearCat druid was as thing.

In all the expansions to date Blizzard have added no new ranged specs and removed one.

If anything I can see them rolling shaman and hunter into the leather category, and making all mail items leather.

That's what people thought last time, and then demon hunters happened. I very much doubt that Blizzard will base their decision of which class to add on which type of armor is underutilized.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was saying that in Legion, we need another mail+bow class, but we got another leather anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    People said after DK that the next class would be ranged/healer, since we just had a melee/tank.. And then we got monk. Then people said we'd get a ranged mail, since we just had 2 melees, and getting a mail class would balance out the amount of classes using each armor type, and then we got DH.

If anything, we'll probably get another melee that can tank, maybe with a healing spec, probably wearing leather

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If anything I can see them rolling shaman and hunter into the leather category, and making all mail items leather.
    That's the dumbest fucking idea I've ever heard but holy shit they might because it would reduce development costs.

Mail is an utterly pointless armor type, and given blizzard previous history they give little to no shit what armor type their newest class has, otherwise we wouldn't have all those leather classes. That is especially true NOW with personal loot.

Tinker is coming.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Really need more ranged specs in the game, Tinkerer is highly hinted at for Goblins/Gnomes for next expansion.

Maybe a new bow/gun wielding class that uses temporary summons(turrets) to do damage.

It's highly likely we get some sort of dark ranger class. Lots of things in the story/character representation suggest it, and as the OP mentions it would be a great way to balance the gear.
    Anyone who didn't know that we were going to get demon hunters as our next class before legion was frankly delusional. I see a few posts here saying that people were making this argument before, but honestly the only ones I ever saw make it were the nuts that just couldn't accept that demon hunters were coming and felt the need to throw random reasons out to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

We have forced personal loot now so armor type is not that important.

I rly hope they will not that stupid tinker.

5+ Year Old Account
    Shadowhunters fer sure, with serpent totems n ranged weaponz

Healing stream spell, voodoo shadow spells
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-03-31 at 06:35 PM.

Sadly they seem to only add in classes with roles they want to force more people into. Even though that practice really hasn't panned out. So it will certainly be another tank class and tank classes seem to have melee off specs. Not to say the idea of a ranged tank doesn't seem cool, but that is where I start to have my doubts.. cool and fun seem to be avoided unless they can get an extra $19.99 out of you in the process. As for the type of armor talk, to tell you the truth, it doesn't matter anymore. I mean everything is personal loot so the old idea of mail dropping and the hunters and shamans have 6 pieces of each for different enchants and such is kind of dead. Loot drops per individual and not for a team.

Sounds like my Tinker is about to make its appearance LOL!

5+ Year Old Account
    Tinker would be plate...

There won't be any more new classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellbreakers or Wardens

Spellbreakers for Magical based tanking and ranged dps, and possibly a magic absorbtion based healing spec.

Wardens would be another melee dps/tank hybrid, with some flair of stealth mechanic added in. While some would argue they wear plate, their model did use a recolor of Hunter dungeon gear for the longest time, and some mail armor sets have plate elements in them.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Considering we now have 3 plate classes, 4 leather classes, and they've never added a new cloth or mail class at all, I doubt Blizzard would prioritize trying to even out the number of classes and armor types. They've had the opportunity to add in different classes, or adjust the way armor types work entirely, and they haven't so far.

Maybe if they decide to add in class sets again, they'll think about trying to make the numbers more even, or give players more choices of gear looks/stats in each armor type. As it is now, it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There won't be any more new classes.
    To be fair, people said that after DKs (since they were hard to balance in WotLK), and Monks in MoP. People also said the same about races after Pandaria, and now we have an explosion of Allied Races.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.