Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Mother of god, the contradictions. By this analogy, all the BfA haters actually believe that BfA is good. Have a nice day, nothing of value can be gained here...
    There's no contradiction here. I don't enjoy a lot of games that are percieved as great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Really? I found that far less effective. It takes a ton more posture damage if you hit it in the face. Failed a lot of times trying to run around it, decided to grab him by the horns and it only took 2 or 3.

<scrub who took a ton of pulls on everything with multiple deathblows.
    I think it's a matter of what you put the most effort in at that point. I sucked at deflecting, I even dodged the wolves (now I just deflect 1 shot them) and when I tried to deflect the bull's charge I kept miss timing it. Next try I ran like an idiot and the bull just kept missing me, so I went with that, and killed him. I mean I literally drained his vitality, not filled his posture bar.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mother of god, the contradictions. By this analogy, all the BfA haters actually believe that BfA is good. Have a nice day, nothing of value can be gained here...
    Well no, because that analogy doesn't work. Because I am not hating on Ninja Gaiden, I just didn't enjoy it. Parts of it were fun but some parts were just too challenging for me to enjoy(namely the last act.). Doesn't make it a bad game.

The only thing that is contradicting is your logic.

For example: I didn't enjoy Red Dead Redemption 2 as much as I enjoyed RDR1. It's still a good game, it just wasn't great FOR ME personally.
    Never did he say that he thinks the game is bad. It's just not enjoyable for him and thats fine. I've seen a lot of people from the Soulsborne community saying the same stuff and I can agree with them WHY they don't like/enjoy Sekiro as much as previous FromSoft games.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    Believe you can get all 4 endings with just two playthroughs, all 3 apart from Shura ending. Just gather all the items and requirements met and just save before giving Kuro dragon tears. Then reload for other endings. That's if you want to save some time.
    How dull...

Well, no NG for me; playing it once was more than enough. It just doesn't have that compelling, dark and freaky atmosphere DS has.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    How dull...
    Whatever floats your boat Just feel this has less replay value for me than Dark Souls did for a NG+ mode. When there's no gear to farm or a build to perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    Whatever floats your boat Just feel this has less replay value for me than Dark Souls did for a NG+ mode. When there's no gear to farm or a build to perfect.
    Still have plenty of skills to unlock. So it's ok + I enjoy the combat far more than in DS which means I'm enjoying just running around fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Wonder what the plans for DLC is.

From software normally smash it out of the park with DLC add on's
    I'm sure there will be. You find a text outside Isshinas place which mentions the underworld where the second blade is which Genichiro wields. Got a bit surprised that they included a text of a location, but unlock all other key items with locations you never went there, unless they refer to ashina depths, but I doubt it and you're there for another reason.

We also have the old lady who is located in the area where you find Tengu for the first time and after demon of hatred she doesn't say much of value except that the hatred needs to find a vessel which might be expanded upon later.

10+ Year Old Account
    DLCs might also explore the lightning aspect, I mean, why give us even a mechanic around it when it isn't even explained where it comes from?

Demon of Hatred...can see why it's called that. My most hated boss so far...more so for being the dirtiest fight in the game in my opinion. Took me 4 hours to beat him, repeatedly coming close to get screwed by a headbutt when sticking to his leg or the Camera being lost sometimes when you go underneath him. And then of course getting stuck on a tree or barricade got me killed a few times. Don't think any boss in a Dark souls game me that much trouble, i beat Midir super easy compared to him haha.

Now for Owl Father, should be fun from what i've heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm avoiding videos as I don't want anything spoiled. How does it compare to Dark Souls ? Are you forced to parry anything, and if yes- how telegraphed are moves ? Perhaps a better way to phrase my question would be, is the combat more tactical ?

It's come down to this vs Borderlands 3 for me.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

It's come down to this vs Borderlands 3 for me.
    What a odd stance, theyre such different games you would have a leaning towards one or the other surely...

If you enjoy a challenge and not just face melting mobs with corrosive modifiers on yet another shooter and want to feel like a ninja in an actual sword fight and like creeping around tall grass and slinging around amazing roof top designs in a weird and wonderful world then sekiro will not disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    DLCs might also explore the lightning aspect, I mean, why give us even a mechanic around it when it isn't even explained where it comes from?
    heretical art from Tomoe, a dancer afaik, more than that I dunno. The point of it was that very few uses is due to taboo. Genichiro who sacrifice anything to save his land felt iwas necessary to learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    What a odd stance, theyre such different games you would have a leaning towards one or the other surely...

If you enjoy a challenge and not just face melting mobs with corrosive modifiers on yet another shooter and want to feel like a ninja in an actual sword fight and like creeping around tall grass and slinging around amazing roof top designs in a weird and wonderful world then sekiro will not disappoint.
    It's solely about money since I'm saving, but also wondering if the combat is Dark Souls with forced parrying. I just decided that I'll try a pirated copy out for an hour, uninstall, and if I like it I'll buy it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

It's solely about money since I'm saving, but also wondering if the combat is Dark Souls with forced parrying. I just decided that I'll try a pirated copy out for an hour, uninstall, and if I like it I'll buy it.
    The combat is nothing like dark souls. The only things that remind me of dark souls is the items are quite similar and their description lay outs and the idols that work as bon fires and just small stuff like some of the UI etc.

Dont think of it as dark souls. And there is a lot of parrying but its more forgiving than parrying in souls games. And you'll learn to appreciate posture and earning over the top killing blow animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it like Dark Souls? Yes
    Is it like Dark Souls? No

That should tell you everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Is it like Dark Souls? Yes
    Is it like Dark Souls? No

That should tell you everything.
    Yes

/10yes

My biggest complaint (besides the parry system) is that IMO you don't feel like you get any stronger, Even tho you get items and stat (HP) increases.

But that's me.

I think its honestly reaching a point for me where this game just isn't my cup of tea and I'm going to skip it. I get why many enjoy it but I'm just starting to not care to play it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I've missed a boss so hoping to get a tip from anybody here.
    Will spoiler away so I won't ruin it for anybody avoiding info.
    Just before the dungeon - at Ashina Castle you cross a bridge and can eavesdrop on two enemies. They talk about how they put a suit of armour on a big dude and that it doesn't fit him correctly. Is this a boss? I've progressed pretty far now and have yet to meet a similar fellow besides the Suit of Armour guy whom cannot be killed unless you push him off the ledge - but he was in a completely different area.
    Only reason I ask is because I assumed that was the whole point of the spear prosthetic - Yet I've never managed to find an enemy with armour the spear could take off.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    I'm not sure I've missed a boss so hoping to get a tip from anybody here.
    Will spoiler away so I won't ruin it for anybody avoiding info.
    Just before the dungeon - at Ashina Castle you cross a bridge and can eavesdrop on two enemies. They talk about how they put a suit of armour on a big dude and that it doesn't fit him correctly. Is this a boss? I've progressed pretty far now and have yet to meet a similar fellow besides the Suit of Armour guy whom cannot be killed unless you push him off the ledge - but he was in a completely different area.
    Only reason I ask is because I assumed that was the whole point of the spear prosthetic - Yet I've never managed to find an enemy with armour the spear could take off.
    There's a fat dude with ill fitting armor with some dogs wielding a giant bell directly passed the gate near those guys leading to the underground dungeon. If you use the spear armor stripping technique on him, he loses his armor and becomes MUCH easier to kill.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2019-04-01 at 06:22 AM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!