Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    you forgot to include intangibles like "they're the Indians" and "they're the Mets"

It is pretty amazing tho. Almost every year, the division winner everyone forgets about winds up winning the title. I think part of it might be that the teams people respect are in poorer position to make mid season moves, while the team that was written off early might have been quieter in free agency and trades lately which gives them more room to make a splash that year. The indians cut some payroll recently so they are actually in a spot to do something.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-03-21 at 06:46 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I am a shocked White Sox fan that is amazed to see our GM give a prospect 20+ million bucks without even playing a single major league game. I mean, Eloy projects to be an All Star-caliber player, but holy smokes what a gamble.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    I am a shocked White Sox fan that is amazed to see our GM give a prospect 20+ million bucks without even playing a single major league game. I mean, Eloy projects to be an All Star-caliber player, but holy smokes what a gamble.
    They spent $52M on Luis Robert and he hasn't played above A ball yet so it's not quite unheard of for them, but like Robert, Jimenez has had his share of injuries that could make it a bad deal quickly.

Man, I'm a very casual MLB fan, but I'm gonna miss Ichiro. I mean, we've all seen his retirement coming for a couple seasons now, but I have such tremendous respect for him as a ballplayer.

I had my fantasy draft in my 14 team league. Up to 3 keepers, drafted 10th, and didn't have a 5th round pick because I dealt it last year for a reliever.

1. SP Chris Sale (keeper)
    2. LF Juan Soto (keeper)
    3. 2B Jose Altuve (keeper)
    4. 1B/CF Cody Bellinger
    5. NA
    6. SP Zack Wheeler
    7. 1B/2B/3B Max Muncy
    8. SP Madison Bumgarner
    9. RP Sean Doolittle
    10. RP Rasiel Iglesias
    11. RF Steven Piscotty
    12. 1B/2B/3B Yuli Gurriel
    13. SP Jose Quintana
    14. SS Andrelton Simmons
    15. C Wellington Castillo
    16. SP Anibal Sanchez
    17. 1B/LF Brandon Belt
    18. 2B/LF/RF Brandon Lowe
    19. CF Joc Pederson

Then I dumped Pederson and Gurriel to FA for 2B/3B/SS/LF Joey Wendle and 3B Jung Ho Kang

Lineup is:

C Castillo
    1B Muncy
    2B Altuve
    SS Simmons
    3B Kang
    Util Lowe
    LF Soto
    CF Bellinger
    RF Piscotty

I figure I'll get about 170 homers outta that which is pretty good.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooo Opening Day

Bunch of Dodgers getting off to hot starts off Greinke.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn on tv, first thing I hear is A-Rod referencing Howard Shultz as a Seattle hero.

Kind of funny to see the leaderboards after 'opening night'- Marco Gonzales leading the league with two wins, Hunter Strickland with two saves, and Tim Beckham with six runs Thanks Japan games!

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Turn on tv, first thing I hear is A-Rod referencing Howard Shultz as a Seattle hero.
    I really, really hope he was getting him confused with Paul Allen
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

A-Hole was referencing himself as a Seattle hero too. Saying things like "it feels like coming home". I wonder if its because people still throw $ at him.

10+ Year Old Account
    To A-Rod nothing is more heroic than making money.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of, the season started and nobody signed Keuchel or Kimbrel yet. They gotta fix these bad qualifying offers from ruining free-agency.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Real laugher in game 3 against the DBags, they put their backup catcher in to pitch two innings to give up a 7 run inning after their real pitchers had already given up four and five run innings earlier in the game.

...and now Russell Martin is in to pitch the 9th, nice to see #55 on the mound in Dodger Stadium again.
    Last edited by draynay; 2019-03-31 at 04:24 AM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, last night was about the worst start of a rookie I've ever seen. 0-4, 3 fielding errors in the 9th, allowed boston to get uncomfortably close to winning. Made me miss Seager. Yeah, he could of gone 0-4, but not those fielding errors which were errors you can't make in the majors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, last night was about the worst start of a rookie I've ever seen. 0-4, 3 fielding errors in the 9th, allowed boston to get uncomfortably close to winning. Made me miss Seager. Yeah, he could of gone 0-4, but not those fielding errors which were errors you can't make in the majors.
    Good thing they won, that sort of thing can really crush a young player if it leads to a loss.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Good thing they won, that sort of thing can really crush a young player if it leads to a loss.
    Yeah he handled it pretty well all things considered. Stayed at his locker to answer questions. Was first up today working out. Ironically Healy went to 3rd today and had a pretty bad error as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Factoid on the Mariners broadcast, Chris Davis is 0-40 with 25 strikeouts all the way back to the last season when he recorded his last hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Factoid on the Mariners broadcast, Chris Davis is 0-40 with 25 strikeouts all the way back to the last season when he recorded his last hit.
    OK, so maybe he's the worst hitter in all of baseball, but at least his defense is also terrible...
    /s

Trevor Rosenthal versus Chris Davis: who wins?

Rosenthal still has an infinite ERA after 4 appearances and 9 batters faced (it's 5 straight and 11 batters with no outs recorded going back to his last appearance in 2017).

10+ Year Old Account
    Felix got hurt nice and early this year after all that uproar about not being home opener starter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Trevor Rosenthal versus Chris Davis: who wins?

Rosenthal still has an infinite ERA after 4 appearances and 9 batters faced (it's 5 straight and 11 batters with no outs recorded going back to his last appearance in 2017).
    Rosenthal managed to get an out and drop down to a 72.00 ERA, while Davis now sits at 0 for 50. I figure if they faced each other it would be a walk.
    /s