"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account

Anything worth watching this season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Anything worth watching this season?
    Well there is one punch man today.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well there is one punch man today.
    Still apprehensive about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts on the last season:
    Domestic Girlfriend - Strong start, became repetitive and frustrating. Great art though. 7/10. If it was an H instead of an anime, it would have been a 9.
    SAO (both cours) - Same complaints as LN. Really slow start and over complicates it with needless details. Action was fun and I liked Eugeo, and their initiates. 7.5/10
    Kaguya-sama: Love Is War - fun with a bit of repetitive but some really stand out episodes and a great finale. 8-8.5
    Slime-Chan, I’m torn. Second half dropped off a lot but there were still some episodes that I really liked. 8.5-9 overall
    Promised Neverland was a fun adventure. 9/10.
    Quintessentials - This is the kind of show I absolutely love. Great art, cute girls, less annoying MC than others. 9/10

Need to catch up on Dororo but enjoyed the start

Kakegurui××: 8/10. More great character interactions combined with better gambles means it was an improvement over last season. I didn't like how it ended, though.
    Yakusoku no Neverland: 8/10. I feel like it was close to being amazing, but didn't quite resonate with me. Still, a very enjoyable watch. Looking forward to the next season.
    Gotoubun no Hanayome: 7/10. A fun harem where it wasn't just lewd interactions. Great VA performances. Ichika > Miku > Yotsuba > Itsuki > Nina. (Anime-only viewer.)
    Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: 6/10. Started off strong, but dropped off in quality as it went on. I'll still watch the second season, but disappointed in how this show went.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started Wataten and Endro, ended up dropping both.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Kakegurui××: 8/10. More great character interactions combined with better gambles means it was an improvement over last season. I didn't like how it ended, though.
    Yakusoku no Neverland: 8/10. I feel like it was close to being amazing, but didn't quite resonate with me. Still, a very enjoyable watch. Looking forward to the next season.
    Gotoubun no Hanayome: 7/10. A fun harem where it wasn't just lewd interactions. Great VA performances. Ichika > Miku > Yotsuba > Itsuki > Nina. (Anime-only viewer.)
    Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: 6/10. Started off strong, but dropped off in quality as it went on. I'll still watch the second season, but disappointed in how this show went.
    There's no Kaguya on this list.
    As far as lists go, I'd have to give it a 5/10 because of that.
    An enjoyable read, but lacked the depth of a great anime on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's no Kaguya on this list.
    As far as lists go, I'd have to give it a 5/10 because of that.
    An enjoyable read, but lacked the depth of a great anime on it.
    It also doesn't have Mob Psycho on it, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well season is not over yet.
    Dorodro still needs to be finished, mob 100 is done (9/10), same goes for shield hero, jojo still has a few acts, neverland gets solid 9.5, slime gets 6.5 due to ehh chapter wich they could just skip, one piece finaly finished cake island arc, pokemon sun and moon is keeping strong episodes (finaly guzma), gege no kitaru is...weird, but not bad, then there is fairy tail, Gyakuten Saiban season felt a bit weak 4/10 and Karakuri Circus still going, but i kinda force myself to watch it.

Pure trash that i bingewatched...
    Sword shit online and Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai ... they bouth get - 999
    Never trust a youtubers when they recomend a anime.

Finished Granblue Fantasy the Animation.

Let's get the technicals out of the way: the show looks inconsistent. At some times, the character art blends perfectly with the background. At other times, the character art isn't composited well with the background, making the two look like they are in different world. Doesn't help that the background art sometimes changes from being the chalky backgrounds that blended well with the characters, to hyper detailed backgrounds. The character art itself is good but the lines are fuzzy. Granblue Fantasy also has a lot of fantastic moments of background and effects animation, while also relying on poorly composited CGI models for the Grandcypher, the Primals, and Io's ice spells. In short: Granblue Fantasy's visuals are all over the place, with moments of great art and animation, and moments of poor art and animation. Very inconsistent.

Now, for the part I came for: the story. This anime is an adaptation of the (surprisingly good) story of a gacha game I've been playing for a year: Granblue Fantasy. The story is about Gran, who sets out to sail to the island of the Astrals (ancient precursor race) at the end of the 'Sky to reunite with his dad. He acquires friends and has adventures at each island, and gets entangled in a growing conspiracy surrounding the Astrals. In the game, these arcs vary widely in quality, but they are all at the very least good, with a few arcs being tearjerkers. The game's format doesn't really allow for extensive worldbuilding, so I was curious to see if the anime would expand upon the story and the world. Most surprisingly though, is that the anime characterizes the protagonist Gran and fleshes him out as a young man with his own hopes, dreams, and fears, rather than just being a silent protagonist in the games. This was a welcome surprise and it makes me disappointed that game Gran didn't receive this characterization. Maybe it'll carry over into the new Re:Link game co-developed by Platinum Games? Anyway, it was fun to see more of the GBF world in animated form, but it doesn't really explore more of the setting beyond what we already saw in the games (ie, no townsfolk characterized, cultures explored, etc).

I'd say that the anime's story is rather underwhelmingly executed and doesn't hit the same intrigue or dread that was present in the in the game's presentation of the story, but the anime also gives us some rather great moments. I loved the anime's take on the crew's first encounter with Furias, who is just hilarious in the anime. Loved Tara Sand's performance as Furias, kinda makes me wish we got a dub for the games. The story also expanded upon Katalina's and Lyria's relationship and her backstory, which was also very interesting. I didn't think the (Valtz arc) Archduke's fury was portrayed well in either incarnation of the story (in the game, he just kinda wants to avenge his dead comrades from a war that happened a long time ago, but we never heard about the war until that point and weren't really given a reason to care about him, so he comes off as ridiculous), but Io's loyalty was tearjerking. I'm rather disappointed how Eugen's story in Auguste was handled, as that was when I began to sit on the edge of my seat when playing the game. Kyle McCarley nailed the feeling of desperation in Gran's voice. Otherwise, the best part of the anime was just chilling with these characters. Sierokarte is the best!

I recommend this if you enjoy GBF and want more. If not, then I think your time is better spent elsewhere.

Great background animation GIFs below

Spoiler: 

10+ Year Old Account
    Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO first ep is....eh..i give it 1 more ep and will see what happens.

Cinderella Girls Gekijou: Climax Season is trash and same goes for Diamond no Ace: Act II.

Shield hero has new intro and end tho.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the poputepikku special yesterday,
    It’s like the writers for robot chicken decided to do bath salts before making the script

10+ Year Old Account

Wow did they realy remove dragon ball z artstyle from the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Akira Toriyama's artstyle sucks though. Every character looks like they've been copied straight out of DBZ.
    That was the charm of dragon quest games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Wow did they realy remove dragon ball z artstyle from the movie.
    It does look vaguely DBZ with the large, sharp angled and hard edged eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chou Kadou Girl ⅙: Amazing Stranger ---) so anime version of toy story, but with japanese figures...its short...but hard to say if its good or bad after 1.st ep. It could be just a pervert anime in the end.
    Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma --) trash
    Joshikausei -- ) school trash
    Mix: Meisei Story -- ) another school trash
    Kimetsu no Yaiba --) ok for 1.st episode, but not as strong as dorodoro

10+ Year Old Account
    >Vaguely

M8...