View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Perhaps you should have thought about whether or not this was OT when you first posted your inaccurate information?
    Perhaps you should read up about diplomatic representation before trying to be a pedant.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Perhaps you should read up about diplomatic representation before trying to be a pedant.
    Just admit that you were wrong. But I will do. Whilst I'm at it perhaps you could look up the word pedant so as you can avoid this kind of unintentional irony in future.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-04-01 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the scenario were FPTP is removed is one of a minority Labour government that enters in a coalition with other parties that demand that FPTP is put to a referendum with an actual alternative.
    FPTP was put to the ballot not too long ago (2011 IIRC) and was rejected, I don't know if public opinion has changed enough to make that a headline topic for the election manifesto.

5+ Year Old Account
    What Cameron asked was to remove Freedom of Movement. Which is the same thing the AfD asks for. So no, no one could have given them that and no one is going to give it to the AfD either.
    Indeed. Freedom of movement is a core foundation of the EU and cannot be separated from the other core foundations.

It will blow over. Right-extremist parties across the EU are speaking less and less about leaving the EU, even France FN is silent about "Frexit". Russia, which is supporting many of the anti-EU parties across Europe, is under pressure b/c of the sanctions that are costing Putin votes. The sanctions will increase slowly at least until the next Russian elections in 2024.

I think the scenario were FPTP is removed is one of a minority Labour government that enters in a coalition with other parties that demand that FPTP is put to a referendum with an actual alternative.
    Hmmms... yes, I wonder if I'm barking up the wrong tree. It's a bit unlikely isn't it?

Either way, it is - without a shadow of a doubt - the most important thing that could come about as a result of this.

---

https://twitter.com/NickWhithorn/sta...34855805812736

Umberto Eco identified 14 typical features of fascism. At least 10 of them have manifested themselves during the brexit process (use of lower case 'b' intentional)

- - - Updated - - -

FPTP was put to the ballot not too long ago (2011 IIRC) and was rejected, I don't know if public opinion has changed enough to make that a headline topic for the election manifesto.
    Fuck public opinion, to be honest. The decision needs to be made above their heads.

[Yes, I appreciate the irony]
    Last edited by LeGin Tufnel; 2019-04-01 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Fuck public opinion, to be honest. The decision needs to be made above their heads.

[Yes, I appreciate the irony]
    We could just cut out the middleman and get rid of elections altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Labour could do much worse than put Keir Starmer in charge of the party.
    One constantly lives in hope for this outcome.

Apparently nearly 200 Tories have signed a letter to the PM begging for a "managed no-deal".

I mean, what even is "managed no-deal"? I'm assuming it has something to do with geese that lay golden eggs riding unicorns across a rainbow, trailing sparkles.

Apparently nearly 200 Tories have signed a letter to the PM begging for a "managed no-deal".

I mean, what even is "managed no-deal"? I'm assuming it has something to do with geese that lay golden eggs riding unicorns across a rainbow, trailing sparkles.
    It's actually a trap, all the signatories are going to to be sequestered for the rest of the Brexit process because they are too fucking stupid to be trusted to take part anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's actually a trap, all the signatories are going to to be sequestered for the rest of the Brexit process because they are too fucking stupid to be trusted to take part anymore.
    When they exit the House, the men in white coats will be waiting to take them to a place where they can "calm down" over several years

Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    Indeed. Freedom of movement is a core foundation of the EU and cannot be separated from the other core foundations.

It will blow over. Right-extremist parties across the EU are speaking less and less about leaving the EU, even France FN is silent about "Frexit". Russia, which is supporting many of the anti-EU parties across Europe, is under pressure b/c of the sanctions that are costing Putin votes. The sanctions will increase slowly at least until the next Russian elections in 2024.
    It's not sanctions that are costing Putin votes, it's inane laws passed by Duma and rising of pension age right after election without immediate need to do so.

Which has nothing to do with anti-EU party support across Europe - because that is insanely cheap and is going to continue regardless of anything.

Tories have been holding training sessions today. Subject: what is the Customs Union.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/s...46689960513539

Tory MPs held their training session today on what is a customs union

“It was very useful but one person did raise the question why they hadn’t done this two years ago”

Tories have been holding training sessions today. Subject: what is the Customs Union.

“It was very useful but one person did raise the question why they hadn’t done this two years ago”
    Please let that be an April Fool joke.

So I read your post and I thought "that's satire right?". So I click the link to confirm and umm, oh dear. I honestly wish I wasn't surprised.

So 75% of Tory activists want a pure no-deal. That is terrifying, and if anyone needed proof that this party needs to be removed from any proximity to power immediately, it's right there.

Mind you, the average age of that bunch is 70 odd. So maybe it isn't surprising that they are a bunch of rabid Brexiteers with no clue about anything.

I'm honestly struggling to see how this doesn't end up with a radical split in the Tory party. The ERG crew aren't budging an inch, so anyone with an ounce of sanity or political common sense is going to want to get to safe distance before they cause a toxic explosion.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So 75% of Tory activists want a pure no-deal. That is terrifying, and if anyone needed proof that this party needs to be removed from any proximity to power immediately, it's right there.

Mind you, the average age of that bunch is 70 odd. So maybe it isn't surprising that they are a bunch of rabid Brexiteers with no clue about anything.
    I think a better and more pleasant way to look at it would be that it's more surprising that it's only 75% rather than say, 100%.

So I read your post and I thought "that's satire right?". So I click the link to confirm and umm, oh dear. I honestly wish I wasn't surprised.
    It's bizarre: I genuinely don't know if it's an April Fool's or not. I didn't even consider the April Fool's dimension until Butler Log mentioned it. Looking at it, I don't think it is.

I think a better and more pleasant way to look at it would be that it's more surprising that it's only 75% rather than say, 100%.
    The amusing thing is, if they elect a Brexiteer PM, and go into the next election on a manifesto for a pure no-deal, they will be utterly destroyed. Their members may want it, but there won't be enough of the rest of their voting base willing to go along with it. Especially when all the MPs that aren't fucking idiots desert the party.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

It's bizarre: I genuinely don't know if it's an April Fool's or not. I didn't even consider the April Fool's dimension until Butler Log mentioned it. Looking at it, I don't think it is.
    It was posted past lunch time so it would be exceptionally bad form from the chap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The amusing thing is, if they elect a Brexiteer PM, and go into the next election on a manifesto for a pure no-deal, they will be utterly destroyed. Their members may want it, but there won't be enough of the rest of their voting base willing to go along with it. Especially when all the MPs that aren't fucking idiots desert the party.
    Keep telling you Hue.
    Worst
    Time
    Line

C'mon... want the results! Knackered... need sleep