View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    So what now??
    No-deal brexit on the 12th unless we get a third round of indicative votes within the next 10 days where they change their minds and actually approves something.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Depends on whether or not the EU decides to grant an extension and under what conditions.

But at this point unless Parliament pulls some manner of consensus out of their ass before Friday, it might be between EUMP elections or No Deal.

If I were France I'd be looking to force a GE or Referendum.
    The only thing France can force is no extension, so no deal Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    The only thing France can force is no extension, so no deal Brexit.
    I meant in terms of suggesting that any extension be contingent upon a GE or Referendum in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    EU really needs to say enough is enough and let UK crash out.
    yep really important that the EU proves to everyone that it is in fact bad and very happy to plunge millions into povery when it is politically expedient (see also Greece)

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Nick Boles just quit the Tory party in the middle of the session. Made a statement about parliament being in this situation because the Tories refuse to compromise, drops the mic and walks to the opposition bench.
    "Oh no, Nick, don't go. Come on!"

Someone lost a dear friend tonight. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    yep really important that the EU proves to everyone that it is in fact bad and very happy to plunge millions into povery when it is politically expedient (see also Greece)
    Um, this isn't the EU's doing. None of this is what the EU wants. The EU is really just a passenger on this wild ride. The UK started this. The UK set impossible redlines with which the UK is violating international treaties, the UK is unable to find a solution and the UK has wasted 3 years with this circus show. And it is now the UK Parliament that keeps rejecting anything, no matter what it is. And this is on top of ignoring that the EU isn't even ready to renegotiate anything.

You can't pin this on the EU.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    "Oh no, Nick, don't go. Come on!"

Someone lost a dear friend tonight. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Um, this isn't the EU's doing. None of this is what the EU wants. The EU is really just a passenger on this wild ride. The UK started this. The UK set impossible redlines with which the UK is violating international treaties, the UK is unable to find a solution and the UK has wasted 3 years with this circus show. And it is now the UK Parliament that keeps rejecting anything, no matter what it is. And this is on top of ignoring that the EU isn't even ready to renegotiate anything.

You can't pin this on the EU.
    sorry forgot the EU is entirely blameless of any of the consequences of its actions, including denying the UK an extension on article 50 out of spite

sorry forgot the EU is entirely blameless of any of the consequences of its actions, including denying the UK an extension on article 50 out of spite
    The EU isn't denying an extension out of spite. That is an outright lie. In case you hadn't noticed, you are in an extension already.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Theresa needs to put her deal or no deal to a vote in parliament and that's the end of it. Stop all this fucking around. Brexit won, the house voted to trigger article 50 and the government have done what they can to get the best deal. You either take the deal or live with the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Theresa needs to put her deal or no deal to a vote in parliament and that's the end of it. Stop all this fucking around. Brexit won, the house voted to trigger article 50 and the government have done what they can to get the best deal. You either take the deal or live with the consequences.
    Theresa May's deal has been voted on and rejected 3 times already.

Putting the same deal up again for a 4th vote is not the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The EU isn't denying an extension out of spite. That is an outright lie. In case you hadn't noticed, you are in an extension already.
    that's what the post I replied to was suggesting to do though??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    You had 3 years. Three. And the EU isn't hesitant to further extensions out of pure joy for causing havok, there are elections on a very near horizon the UK would have to take part in, although they don't really have any business in doing so anymore. But the laws would require it. Also: THREE years.
    sorry how many years has it been? Please, continue to talk to me like I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Theresa May's deal has been voted on and rejected 3 times already.

Putting the same deal up again for a 4th vote is not the answer.
    It’s been voted against because they all have it in their heads that there’s other alternatives. Take away the alternatives. Make it her deal or no deal. The only other option is to have a third round of votes on these alternative proposals that aren’t achieving a majority.

All of them are playing chicken thinking the longer they leave it the more chance they have of getting what they want but the reality is it makes no deal more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno if its been posted yet, but:

Sargon/Carl's come a long way, from simple youtuber, to advocate and serious public speaker.
    #boycottchina

Yes, perhaps. But that is not the stance of the EU. It's the stance of the EU's frustrated citizens.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saying enough is enough and letting the UK crash out isn't a spiteful action. It's a recognition of the fact that the UK is incapable of coming to a decision, and their failure has been and is continuing to impact everyone else. The UK KNEW that they had a deadline, they are the ones that initiated it to begin with. They know that there are EU elections coming up. It is not spiteful to say that the UK cannot live in a perpetual state of both in the EU and leaving the EU, it's an unworkable scenario.

sorry how many years has it been? Please, continue to talk to me like I'm an idiot.
    Perhaps if you would stop blaming the EU for your own government's actions then people would be less likely to feel the need to point out what your own government's actions were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Saying enough is enough and letting the UK crash out isn't a spiteful action. It's a recognition of the fact that the UK is incapable of coming to a decision, and their failure has been and is continuing to impact everyone else. The UK KNEW that they had a deadline, they are the ones that initiated it to begin with. They know that there are EU elections coming up. It is not spiteful to say that the UK cannot live in a perpetual state of both in the EU and leaving the EU, it's an unworkable scenario.

Perhaps if you would stop blaming the EU for your own government's actions then people would be less likely to feel the need to point out what your own government's actions were.
    I've never blamed the eu for the government's actions? I criticised the attitude of a couple of posters on here and now you've all got upset and imagined my position on a government which I would actually quite gladly see ran out of parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sargon/Carl's come a long way, from simple youtuber, to advocate and serious public speaker.
    "Serious public speaker" at a UKIP/Tommy Robinson rally
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-04-01 at 10:52 PM.

I've never blamed the eu for the government's actions? I criticised the attitude of a couple of posters on here and now you've all got upset and imagined my position on a government which I would actually quite gladly see ran out of parliament.
    Do you think it's fair to criticise the attitude of posters like this? The UK unilaterally decided to do something that affects all of us negatively. We begged them, we argued with them and we did everything legal we can do to talk them out of it, yet they unilaterally put this bullshit on all of us. And they unilaterally fail to bring this to an end in a timely fashion.

You do not get to point fingers and accuse EU citizens of a bad attitude. You just don't. Point at your own Government. But don't act all surprised when the rest of the EU is full of people getting sick of this shitshow preventing us from doing business. Do you have an idea how many investments and business strategies involving UK assets or businesses are put on hold at the moment? We're in limbo as much as you are. And unlike you, we can't even do anything about it in the next elections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    dunno if its been posted yet, but:

[video=youtu]beardy fash[/video]

he's certainly simple

10+ Year Old Account
    People blaming the EU while the UK was unable to form a consensus on anything and after granting olive branch after olive branch while their PM and brexit ministers often showed up empty handed to the negotiation table.

The EU has spoiled the UK for too long so I at that people are right they should have treated the UK more evenly like the other members and this might not have never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think it's fair to criticise the attitude of posters like this? The UK unilaterally decided to do something that affects all of us negatively. We begged them, we argued with them and we did everything legal we can do to talk them out of it, yet they unilaterally put this bullshit on all of us. And they unilaterally fail to bring this to an end in a timely fashion.

You do not get to point fingers and accuse EU citizens of a bad attitude. You just don't. Point at your own Government. But don't act all surprised when the rest of the EU is full of people getting sick of this shitshow preventing us from doing business. Do you have an idea how many investments and business strategies involving UK assets or businesses are on hold at the moment? We're in limbo as much as you are. And unlike you, we can't even do anything about it in the next elections.
    Why's it my fault that the UK government has acted in the way it has? I didn't vote for a fucking tory. I can throw the same back at you and blame all the ills of the European Union on you but I won't because that's ridiculous. You don't seem to realise that forcing the UK into a no deal brexit (by denying an extension which is the suggestion I was replying to) means the EU is also at fault.