Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yes, of course, people in the USA are supposed to go on the group while raising their hand ups or they are shot, because the cops have guns and are thus right.
    Uhm, do you actually believe what you write?
    I recall an Experiment, they put someone like you through a training Course, where they had someone act out how people react to the Police. Sometimes they were Innocent, and sometimes they were not.
    Guess what, the one they put through the test failed miserably. Not only would he died several times, he would´ve shot nearly all who were Innocent.

But hey, its a Stupid Idea to make the Job of the Law enforcement easier for all parties.
    I dont know how its in your "Normal" country, but here where I live, you are supposed to comply with the Instructions the Police gives you. If the Police asks you questions, you are supposed to answer. Though there are a few things that are not allowed.
    But generally: You comply with the LawEnforcment

If you make it harder for them, they make it harder for you, easy as that. Its not about beeing allowed stuff.
    Beeing in the Right, and getting this Right, are two entirely different things. Also, its not wise to piss on everybody, its not worth.

the police can't shoot someone who is not immediately complying to their others, especially when the individual does not pose any threat whatsoever.
    Your inability to be on the Topic is astounding. But i´m done with you. The only thing you do is spew hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Please, tell me what is ridiculous in saying that Canadians, even including minorities, can argue with cops over trafic violations without being shot.
    You dont Argue with Cops, you take the Ticket, and if you feel you are Wrong you take it to Court. This is how we Civilized people do it, because Arguing with the Police doesnt solve anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD ABOUT THIS!

One.

Two.

I made two and nobody uses them. Doesn't fucking matter though because people seem to think that this guy should walk free for making a prank call and the cops should take his place even though they don't know anything about how much pressure cops are under or what the situation was. I guess if you're in a hostage situation you'd want the police to just let the guy go right?
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2019-04-01 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Uhm, do you actually believe what you write?
    I recall an Experiment, they put someone like you through a training Course, where they had someone act out how people react to the Police. Sometimes they were Innocent, and sometimes they were not.
    Guess what, the one they put through the test failed miserably. Not only would he died several times, he would´ve shot nearly all who were Innocent.

But hey, its a Stupid Idea to make the Job of the Law enforcement easier for all parties.
    I dont know how its in your "Normal" country, but here where I live, you are supposed to comply with the Instructions the Police gives you. If the Police asks you questions, you are supposed to answer. Though there are a few things that are not allowed.
    But generally: You comply with the LawEnforcment

If you make it harder for them, they make it harder for you, easy as that. Its not about beeing allowed stuff.
    Beeing in the Right, and getting this Right, are two entirely different things. Also, its not wise to piss on everybody, its not worth.

Your inability to be on the Topic is astounding. But i´m done with you. The only thing you do is spew hate.

- - - Updated - - -

You dont Argue with Cops, you take the Ticket, and if you feel you are Wrong you take it to Court. This is how we Civilized people do it, because Arguing with the Police doesnt solve anything.
    The point is that in Canada, not stripping yourself because a cop orders you to does not get you shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

One.

Two.

I made two and nobody uses them. Doesn't fucking matter though because people seem to think that this guy should walk free for making a prank call and the cops should take his place even though they don't know anything about how much pressure cops are under or what the situation was. I guess if you're in a hostage situation you'd want the police to just let the guy go right?
    Considering how trigger happy are the heroes of the day in this case, I'm not sure they would be of much help in an actual hostage situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is that in Canada, not stripping yourself because a cop orders you to does not get you shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering how trigger happy are the heroes of the day in this case, I'm not sure they would be of much help in an actual hostage situation.
    Misses the point entirely as usual.

99% of these cases are avoidable if the "suspect" would just obey the orders. For some reason people choose to act the exact opposite when a weapon is pointed at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    99% of these cases are avoidable if the "suspect" would just obey the orders. For some reason people choose to act the exact opposite when a weapon is pointed at them.
    Thanks god you live in the land of the free, where all those guns supposedly protect you from being slaves of the government. You know, the government that can kill you over a parking ticket, or no crime at all, with the usual suspects cheering.

I will repeat it. In normal countries, the police don't shoot at people robbing convenience stores, yet we don't collapse in anarchy. In normal countries, the police going gun blazing for a prank call would be unheard off and if an accident happened, while murder charges would presumably won't happen, there would not be score of people rushing to defend the cops, because they have big manly Glocks and are thus ''good guys''

I know it does not get in your skulls, but people who resist the police in Canada are not shot. They are arrested and then jailed for contempt. You say we are slaves of Justin because we can't buy 45 different guns at Canadian Tire while droning about the cleansing angel, yet we don't beg the police to fill with lead not even petty criminals but, I will repeat it, COMPLETELY INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO WERE STANDING IN THEIR HOMES.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-04-02 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks god you live in the land of the free, where all those guns supposedly protect you from being slaves of the government. You know, the government that can kill you over a parking ticket, or no crime at all, with the usual suspects cheering.

I will repeat it. In normal countries, the police don't shoot at people robbing convenience stores, yet we don't collapse in anarchy. In normal countries, the police going gun blazing for a prank call would be unheard off and if an accident happened, while murder charges would presumably won't happen, there would not be score of people rushing to defend the cops, because they have big manly Glocks and are thus ''good guys''

I know it does not get in your skulls, but people who resist the police in Canada are not shot. They are arrested and then jailed for contempt. You say we are slaves of Justin because we can't buy 45 different guns at Canadian Tire while droning about the cleansing angel, yet we don't beg the police to fill with lead not even petty criminals but, I will repeat it, COMPLETELY INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO WERE STANDING IN THEIR HOMES.
    Have to love the ungrateful little children that live in their parents attic who incessantly trash their parents. It is unfortunate that you are mentally incapable of dealing with the facts of the case and instead are pathologically disposed to dishonesty. One really should ask your programmer to check your lines of code because its quite clear that you are running in a strawman loop.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Have to love the ungrateful little children that live in their parents attic who incessantly trash their parents. It is unfortunate that you are mentally incapable of dealing with the facts of the case and instead are pathologically disposed to dishonesty. One really should ask your programmer to check your lines of code because its quite clear that you are running in a strawman loop.
    What ''FACTS'' I'm unable to deal with ? You are the one bringing FEELINGS, that is that the big manly cops with the big manly guns felt threatened. The FACTS was that the man they shot had no gun. They also proved their competence by immediately shackling the family members of the man they heroically filled with big virile lead, y'know, the family of the man that had supposedly butchered his family.

And for people droning about liberty (to have guns, that's is), your kind certainly cheer for monstruous violations of civil rights. I will stress it out for the usual suspects, the guy was not even black.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

One.

Two.

Or we feel that cops should be properly trained and held to a high standard if they want to carry guns. Jail time? No. Told off for failing to confirm the situation on site and giving a strict retraining schedule? Absolutely. People who can't handle stress should not hold high stress jobs.

But people don't really care since "they don't break the law so it doesn't apply to them". The guy who got killed didn't break a law either but he is still dead.

Hostage situation? I want the police to make sure they know how the criminals are rather then just shooting however runs because they panicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    What ''FACTS'' I'm unable to deal with ? You are the one bringing FEELINGS, that is that the big manly cops with the big manly guns felt threatened. The FACTS was that the man they shot had no gun. They also proved their competence by immediately shackling the family members of the man they heroically filled with big virile lead, y'know, the family of the man that had supposedly butchered his family.

And for people droning about liberty (to have guns, that's is), your kind certainly cheer for monstruous violations of civil rights. I will stress it out for the usual suspects, the guy was not even black.
    Thats a quite impressive display of dishonesty, strawmanning and being a racist... Problem is nothing you've said approaches anything deserving of a response.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Not those 0,0000000001% thats a rotten eggs. But hey.. I guess people like you lack the ability to think logically
    Yup.
    The few that make the news are just that, a few out of a million. Literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd be lots of help. Can't have a hostage situation if all the hostages are dead.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    There has been tons of times swat or the regular police have been called for bullshit reasons like this, prank calls etc without killing anyone, looks like a single time this have happened on calls like this, but sure they go in guns blazing everytime.

Anyways the guy making the calls deserve to be in prison and making a example off.
    “Make an example of” literally has proven to not work...

Anyway people get swatted I’m the uk. It usually appears to be one or two officers knocking and asking questions versus 10 cops raiding a house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yup.
    The few that make the news are just that, a few out of a million. Literally.
    Remember Rodney king incident? You had tons of officers from tons of different teams all lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    I'd imagine that if Police were held to strict accountability standards, they might be reluctant to use a gun when it's actually needed, and so it'd make it more dangerous for police officers.
    Too bad. If they don't like it quit.

If a police officer shoots someone who is later determined to have been unarmed (regardless if the officer thought he was armed), fire the cop, automatically.

If the cop knew he was unarmed, fired and imprisoned. In general population.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame you have zero idea what actually happened... taking the time to research that would at least allow you to provide a 'tying your shoelaces' level of honesty.
    it's sarahtasher he/she would rather just scream about how u.s. policemen are all just cold blooded mass murdering death squads who run around executing people instead of listening to facts.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it's sarahtasher he/she would rather just scream about how u.s. policemen are all just cold blooded mass murdering death squads who run around executing people instead of listening to facts.
    Facts? They dont need no stinkin facts... You aren't wrong, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    No. That those incompetent cops are trigger happy morons that should have been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Imagine that. Someone being paid to take risks actually has to take risks, instead of gunning down innocents.

Its an extremely odd turn of reasoning that people empowered with deadly weapons should be held to a lower accountability standard than people who are not.

Here's the thing - when it comes to taking lives, the police should always be hesitant to gun someone down unless they are 100% sure they're shooting at "the bad guy". If they aren't, its better that a cop takes a bullet due to them hesitating too long, than the cops gunning down an innocent bystander because - a) the cops are paid to take risks, so its implicit in the job and b) they are better trained and equipped to take a bullet.

Alternatively, if the trigger happy mentality cannot be bred out of the cowboys that are hired to play policemen, then at least equip them with non-lethals and mandate their use.
    It doesn't work that way. Cops are still human despite what some here think they aren't just going to wait to "take a bullet"

10+ Year Old Account

let's see.....ALL OF THEM.

- - - Updated - - -

No. That those incompetent cops are trigger happy morons that should have been fired.
    you know that because......
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Facts? They dont need no stinkin facts... You aren't wrong, not at all.
    FACTS like the assumption that the cops had several big guns and the victim had no gun at all, therefore was ''bad'' compared to those studs, as you seem to consider that FACTS are thing you like ? (cops heroically pumping lead in the heads of ''bad guys'' ?)

But I suppose it's FEELINGS to point out that your kind and kin, after cheering and hooting every single time a petty thief is shot in the USA, is now down to cheering for the killing of a man who was not a criminal. However, it's a FACT that if the police felt threatened, they had the Jeebus-granted permission to hose the house with pure lead. In a couple of years, the usual suspects will likely howl for the machine gunning entire blocks if someone ''suspicous'' was spotted.